• This topic has 254 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 255 total)
  • Dating tips for a middle aged man – please!
  • mboy
    Free Member

You don’t ride a Maverick as well do you?

PMSL

Any link, no matter how tenuous is worth exploring eh! 😉

Been thinking of applying the same mentality to the kind of girls I date as that I already apply to the bikes I own… Ugly, and overweight, but they definitely ride better than the skinny lookers! 😆

IGMC

sobriety
    Free Member

Well, I ride I rather rare 26″ Ti hard-tail, which in the company of you bunch of wierdos that frequent this place, makes me rather niche 😉

MoreCashThanDash

“an offroad retro fixie toaster” – is that what they call camp fires these days?

allthegear
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – that is a brilliant piece of thinking!! Love it!!

Rachel

Woody
    Free Member

LOL @ mboy but it’s a worrying point as I seem to be collecting things which have attracted less than positive aesthetic acclaim, So far there’s the Maverick, car is a Ford Cougar, bike is a Suzuki RF900………

……………..I’m off to find a Bjork or more realistically, a Beth Ditto lookalike, woohoo………..

LadyGresley
    Free Member

*single middle-aged lady waves to single middle-aged man*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*smooths eyebrows*

My tip is to stop giving a shit about what potential women might think about you.

allthegear
    Free Member

that’s handy.. 😛

Rachel

mboy
    Free Member

Woody, a Ford Cougar and a Suzuki RF900! Christ, I’d rather be seen in public with Beth Ditto, maybe you’ve got a point there! Seriously though, an RF900… I’d rather walk!

By contrast my Ducati 748SP is very much like my ex GF’s… Beautiful and great fun, but financially crippling and very temperamental! At least the Ducati hasn’t moaned about being locked in my Dad’s garage for years though, shame I can’t say the same for the ex’s! 😆

Woody
    Free Member

*single middle-aged lady waves to single middle-aged man*

At least 100 STW’ers wave back enthusiatically

@ mboy It might not be a Ducati but it’s definitely a goer 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Woody, remind me of your address, I’ll bring matches.

With the insurance money you could buy something slightly less hideous! 😉

sobriety
    Free Member

I that perspective, or is the horrifically disproportionate swing arm/seat unit intentional?

Woody
    Free Member

It’s not the best angle and swing arm is ‘normal’ but it has an exceptionally wide rear. The Japanese designer based it on a stingray after spending many hours at an aquarium. Quite how it ended up with such a fat arse, I have no idea. It makes up for it by being rather quick 🙂

My recently single next door neighbour thinks it’s sexy, which worries me greatly as her booty makes the RF’s look anorexic 😯

sobriety
    Free Member

My recently single next door neighbour thinks it’s sexy, which worries me greatly as her booty makes the RF’s look anorexic

Aftermarket single seat unit then, she’ll get the idea 😉

supertramp
    Free Member

all this motor bike talk though interesting, isn’t very helpful! I can stretch to buying a posh toaster but not a Ducati. What about a nice Alfie Moon shirt?

Edric64
    Free Member

Ugly, and overweight, but they definitely ride better than the skinny lookers!

Fat birds try harder.

Edric64
    Free Member

Those RF900s are ugly but cheap and quite quick

supertramp
    Free Member

Lady Gresley

I just noticed your comment 🙂 am i getting excited for nothing?

mboy
    Free Member

My recently single next door neighbour thinks it’s sexy, which worries me greatly as her booty makes the RF’s look anorexic

Well, you have set your standards low with the bike… Go knock yourself out, what’s the worst that could happen? 😉

ugly but cheap and quite quick

Whatever floats the individuals boat, but i’m sticking with expensive and good looking at least for the moment…

Woody
    Free Member

Noted MB but i think we should let supertramp and LadyG get on with it 😉

supertramp
    Free Member

woody – let’s hope she reads you post! 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Whatever floats the individuals boat, but i’m sticking with expensive and good looking at least for the moment…

Women or bikes?

supertramp
    Free Member

did I mention that my email address is in my profile? 😉

Northwind

RF900, not the best looking bike ever but otoh the fairing’s exceptionally good at catching krill. The reason the rear end is so fat is that it’s pregnant with a whole litter of GSXRs.

lowey

Dipped my toe in to this dating malarkey. Plenty of Fish is a bit weird, but thats because its free, therefore attracts all sorts. The other dating site do charge, however I suppose that if your willing to pay for a dating service it does show a little more commitment to finding someone.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

supertramp – Member

did I mention that my email address is in my profile?

Ah, yes, so it is.

andysbeans
    Free Member

STW singles dating thread?

BigJohn

My tip is to stop giving a shit about what potential women might think about you.

Potential women? Pre-op?

globalti
    Free Member

A seriously fit roadie friend of mine (former national hillclimb winner) has just got together with a woman in her forties who I think he met through Fitness Singles. She is manically obsessively fit, she swims miles along the cost while he rows along in a dinghy, she cycles 100 miles twice or thrice a week then runs marathons and all of this on apparently just a handful of nuts. Oh, while travelling all over the country for work.

I have a teeny weeny feeling he’s beginning to find her a bit of a pain in the backside….

hora
    Free Member

Be yourself OP but SERIOUSLY get a good female friend to check you over before you go out – ear hair, stray hair, nose hair and eyebrows etc. Also to give your clothes a once-over critical-eye.

I’m not saying you are shabby- far from it but lads tend to be lads and you do slip slightly as you get older IMO.

binners

Oh dear god! Spare us this! Advice on appearance from the pasty-footed one!

Hora goes out looking like a member of the landed gentry who’s fallen on hard times and has been living on the street for a few months

hora
    Free Member

True but I’m not hunting for totty my dear Serf 8)

MoreCashThanDash

Blimey, long time since my brain and wit have impressed a lady ^^^^^^

8)

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Another fairly recent singleton here, I left a wife a couple of years ago, and had one fairly serious relationship since, but had lots of fun on Plenty of Fish.

Met some nice people on there, as well as some complete nutters. One girl asked me if I’d choose to abort a Downs Syndrome baby… And that was on our first date!

Another was a diabetic that injected herself during dinner in a busy restaurant! Neither got a second date, but I think the experience goes to prove that a lot of women who are single in their 30s are single for a good reason!

Without websites like that though, it does become increasingly difficult to meet people, mainly due to the fact that most of the old ‘social network’ is now raising rugrats and mowing lawns at the weekend.

And as for Facebook, don’t bother. I seem to have attracted quite a harem of portly, middle-aged, bored and lonely women who comment on my every move… I hope none of them read STW!

andysbeans
    Free Member

I totally disagree that 30 something women are single for a reason shibboleth. I’m a single woman in my 30’s and I have absolulety no ridiculous character traits or baggage, am very good in all social situations and love the outdoors/camping/music festivals/a good night out with mates. I’m not a minger either!

I’ve had a few dates from POF and everyones been much more normal than your experiences. I believe thats to do with how I filter them based on responses on emails.

Maybe your personality attracts these kind of people? Or maybe you just need to filter more carefully.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

andysbeans – Member

I totally disagree that 30 something women are single for a reason shibboleth.

You misread my post, I said a lot of women who are single in their 30s are single for a good reason. From the stories I’ve heard from the women I’ve dated, a lot of the men on there are too!

I’ve met some great people, and made a few really good friends who I’ve enjoyed great dates with but just not clicked. They’re certainly not all weird.

But if you can tell me how to filter out militant diabetics or people who ask completely inappropriate questions, I’d love to know! 🙂

andysbeans
    Free Member

I can’t really. Some people seem to think its good to shock on a first date. That practise is a crock of sxxt in my opinion! Of course i’m on the other side of the fence in terms of gender and some (only some) of my experiences have included fellas who are trying to be something other than themselves.

Just keep at it and treat it with the pinch of salt it deserves. 😀

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I know what you mean. I was off the dating scene for over 15 years, and I was shocked at how blatantly sexual a lot of women are. Downs syndrome girl also revealed that she was bisexual and asked me how I felt about swinging, and if I’d try “bowling from the pavilion end” if I was in prison!

Lovely girl, but barking mad!

cinnamon_girl

Some years ago there was a STW singletons social networking ride organised. I seem to remember that the organisor came in for a lot of flak. 😯

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I seem to remember that the organisor came in for a lot of flak.

I wouldn’t want to be responsible for 200 middle-aged men chasing 3 or 4 single women round the fells on bikes, would you?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 255 total)

The topic ‘Dating tips for a middle aged man – please!’ is closed to new replies.