Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Giant Anthem X Advanced SL
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Just looking around at other XC frames after getting some good feedback from STW a few weeks ago. Looked at many and saw the Giant – Anyone ridden one?

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Foxyrider,
    Never ridden one but my mate has and swears by it. Commented thats it super stiff, climbs/decends well and is very light with all the easton finishing kit and xtr groupset.

Hope this helps:)

scaredypants

I’ve ridden a tranceX advanced – wot bikepimp said really, feels v stiff

dickie
    Free Member

I had an Alu & then an Advanced Carbon both pre X – the carbon was a much nicer ride over the alu – felt stiffer & more solid, but in the end just couldn’t get on with the sizing, a medium always felt too small for me at 5’11” but a large would be too large. Bought a large Turner DW Flux.

If I had the money I’d may be get this;
    Santa Cruz Blur XC c

mtbfix

I had a carbon Anthem (the original 80mm) for a while and it went like stink. Got the alloy AnthemX now and it is the fastest bike I have ridden. Great fatigue and fitness compensator!

foxyrider
    Free Member

@ dickie – yeh just been pointed to the SC Blur XC Carbon and that is pretty much the same deal – so with the Felt Edict, Anthem and the Blur I now have my short list 🙂

Cheers guys

dickie
    Free Member

Pretty much the same deal – that price in the UK?

Bikerumor has a test of the Blur XCc.

foxyrider
    Free Member

hmmmm……. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

A number of friends race the Anthems, they’re very nice, but they’re disappointingly heavy for the spec/money, if that’s a factor!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I own the exact bike in your picture. It’s brilliant, really light, really stiff, absolutely flies up down and across just about anything. The one you’ve pictures is the 2010 full carbon one (inc rocker) with full XT groupset (inc wheels) and it weighs about 24lbs. Sure you could go lighter if you wanted faster, but it’s a really amazing bit of kit as it is.

What’s it for? If I wasn’t racing mine I would get the trance equivalent I think. Bit more travel, bit more comfort, not much less speed.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its for local trail riding (Dartmoor) and some endurance riding i.e. Transwales & one day marathons/sportives type 🙂 I have a Five which is nice but over biked for most local trails and I have a hard tail for out and out racing style and winter biking 🙂

Does look nice as well 🙂

dickie
    Free Member

It does, better still with white forks.

chris23
    Free Member

My race bike is a Pre X carbon anthem, fantastic bike. So stiff, no flex under power and decends better than its travel suggests.
    6″ 1 and ride a large and fits perfect

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem X Advanced SL’ is closed to new replies.