Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 946 total)
  • CRC security issues?
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

I haven’t got enough money to get anything from crc. 🙁

handyman
    Free Member

just called barclaycard blocked card ordered new one , no dodgy trnasactions so hopefully all ok

wwaswas

I think weight of numbers is beginning to convince me that the CRC connection is more than just a co-incidence – anyone had any communication from CRC other than ‘check your virus scanner’?

Top.Dog
    Free Member

I got done in February after a transaction to CRC – The only time i’ve used the card in months.

£30 on O2 Slough 🙁

RBS called me up to confirm it wasn’t me, refunded the money and replaced the card all very quickly.

crazy-legs

I bought some stuff from CRC last week (first time I’ve used them in ages), checked my statement online last night after reading this thread, all seems fine so far. I’ll keep a careful eye on it over the next week or so though.

alanm
    Free Member

£400 scammed from my card last night, received a mail from Halifax saying my Secure password had been reset checked my account and there is a transaction for over £400 pending, phoned the bank, they wont stop it coming out even although I have informed them, they will wait till the money goes then chase to get it back, Bought stuff from CRC last

wwaswas

they wont stop it coming out even although I have informed them, they will wait till the money goes then chase to get it back

I had that when my card details were used last year – it’s so frustrating “Yes, we know it’s fraudulent but we’re going to hand the money over anyway”.

alanm
    Free Member

I was told where the transaction had been made “Savestore .com” would it be a good idea for me to phone them and let them know my card was used illegally

BillOddie

In the interests of balance I have used I have used CRC loads of late, including the £10 voucher.

My Credit Card and Paypal account have been fine.

If you use a debit card to pay for ANYTHING over the internet you need your head reading. :FACT:
    If your debit card card gets totally fleeced and your mortgage payment can’t go out then you are in a right pickle. That doesn’t happen with a credit card.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I got done yesterday, 3 lots of £265 to somewhere in Milton keynes!
    Luckily lloyds picked up on it and blocked all three, new card sent etc…

Guess what, I bought off CRC with a £10 voucher last week too!

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Bill

Not denying that using a debit card is a bad idea.

But the :FACT: that this has happened and CRC are denying all knowledge, and not listening and fixing the issue is what gets me.

Perhaps next time you and your credit card will not be so lucky, as the loop hole in there system grows….

anc
    Free Member

I’m thinking the email with the voucher is the main suspect. If I remember you had to click the link on the email to register the voucher on your account, this may have done something which allowed the crims to log your card details.

psychle
    Free Member

You didn’t have to click on the link did you? I don’t think I did, just entered my email address in the ‘do you have a voucher’ field before paying… maybe that’s why my card hasn’t been pinged (yet)?

Drac

So someone steals from you then you need your head examining even though you used a ‘secure’ process to get there. So if I chain my expensive bike up and it still gets stolen it’s my fault, I should have left a cheap one there.

Drac

If I remember you had to click the link on the email to register the voucher on your account,

No you just needed to use your account with that has email registered.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Unlike Wiggle CRC, don’t store you CC details in your account – they must get an authorisation from the CC and then they are allowed to charge that card when the goods go out – like you do at a hotel when you book etc?

anc
    Free Member

Nope just checked the email again and there is a link in green at the bottom which says “Click here to activate the voucher now!” Now I’m not saying there weren’t other ways to activate it but thats what most people will have done and I reckon it could be a weakness.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I didn’t click on, or use, the £10 voucher as I hadn’t had it when I made my purchase 8 days ago, I did get the £10 later that same day though and was going to use it but items I wanted were not in stock – so you still might get fleeced?

Dr_Bakes

I didn’t use the voucher at all, my purchase was made after it had expired and was for a sum less than £10.

twinklydave

I didn’t use the voucher. Still got done. 😥

anc
    Free Member

Oh well I’ll stick to the day job :mrgreen:

foxyrider
    Free Member

TBH the link doesn’t do anything apart from telling CRC you clicked on the link in the email as you still have to login and put you email address in the voucher box?

***.chainreactioncycles.com/Information.aspx?TranslationLargeID=1011&PartnerID=6615

That link I assume tells you what the link is for and the method of origin i.e. the email – just a tracker?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

shocking, absolutly shocking.

if they saw this thread im sure they would agree its more than just coincedence!

i shall not be buying from there for a while, whilst it could be a computer hacker type, it could also be a member of staff that has done something similar there end! im not impressed, and to turn a blind eye and suggest your virus software isnt upto date is merely just passing the book! shocking!

bigyinn
    Free Member

More likely they’re not admitting anything whilst there is an ongoing investigation into this…..

Trimix
    Free Member

Email them this link. Good customer feedback.

earbyphil
    Free Member

I have complained to CRC about this issue. As yet I am awaiting a response.
    I do not understand how this works? Can some explain how the criminal get money from buying lots of O2 prepay as per above replies?

jonathan
    Free Member

Well they get the O2 credit, but it’s more likely that they’re tester purchases prior to going and attempting to buy something much bigger, like furniture, TV etc. I think a few people up there ^^ have reported a couple of £1-10 purchases, followed by something more in the region of £1000-1500.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not linked to CRC but I have had several fraudulent claims on my CC over the years – mostly apple online store as they do not require any security apart from the CVV 👿

As above they try the card for a small purchase under £10 to test the card, then they will slam if for as much as they chance – prob not over £1000 as that might get blocked my the CC company!

TBH if this is true (Big IF) then you and CRC are the victims – the people we should be castrating are the theives!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’ve just taken a call from my bank, as two transactions have come off my credit card having used crc on sunday. Credit card stopped and got to cancel my switch card too 🙁

ART

Arghhh this is turning me into a paranoid account checker… 😯 still OK so far…..

pixelmix
    Free Member

Arghhh this is turning me into a paranoid account checker… still OK so far…..

+1

I tend to check my accounts on online banking daily anyway to see what is coming and going, but I’m now nervous to open the account I used to buy some bits from CRC with the other week.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

They do know about this thread, I spoke to them earlier, they assured me they are doing all they can.

wwaswas

they are doing all they can.

so they accept there’s an issue?

I which case going public and emailing anyone who’s placed an order telling them what to do/expect would be the least they could do.

Unless they know they’ve blocked whatever hole they’ve got then stopping taking card paymnets might be good?

crazy-legs

Arghhh this is turning me into a paranoid account checker… still OK so far…..

Same here – normally I log on to my CC account about twice a month (once when I make a payment to it and then once to just check all is in order), now I’m checking it twice a day!

beej

Using stolen card details for prepay credit is for call selling operations.

Buy/obtain prepay phone/SIM
    Top up with stolen card numbers
    Charge people 5p/min (or whatever) to use the phone – generally for international calls.

Alternative is to sell the SIM with £50 credit for £25.

O2 transactions will originate in Slough as that’s where their head office is, and hence where their merchant account registered.

Same for Vodafone/Newbury.

cuckoo
    Free Member

4 months ago I posted on the singletrack forum about CRC

I paid using a credit card that I very rarely use and have now found that some fraudulent transactions are appearing on my credit card

link

Of course this may have been circumstantial and it might have been my anti-virus security at fault but it is another event worth logging.

peasant
    Free Member

Just had my card blocked ,turns out someone has been trying to buy air tickets ,last transaction was chainreaction ,last time i use them

Blake

Yep just got a phone call from my bank a few minutes ago, someone had tried to buy a £30 O2 top up. The transaction was stopped & card cancelled etc.

The bank person said they were aware of a large amount of cards being cloned or something.

The last thing I bought on the card was something from CRC last night…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just happened to us too. Two £15 O2 vouchers. Bloody Sainsburys delivery is supposed to be coming tonight!

I cant believe CRC havn’t realised a statement about it. I’ve not been done before and will be writing a strongly worded email to crc about it. I’m not a happy bunny and could do without this hassle this week.

JCornford

My last purchase was CRC last week and I have just been stung with £1900 worth of charges, the card is now cancelled!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 946 total)

The topic ‘CRC security issues?’ is closed to new replies.