• This topic has 58 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • CRC, I applaud you
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Good service rarely gets good press so I thought it appropriate I praise Chain Reaction for a superb piece of recent service.

Bought a pair of Endura Superlite shorts over Christmas, wore them a couple of times but then unfortunately they split right down the crotch out riding last sunday. I put them in the post on monday morning with the usual returns bumf and lo and behold a new pair dropped through my letter box this morning (Thursday). I also got a couple of quid back through paypal for the postage.

I buy a lot of my kit through them, despite working in a bike shop (mostly stuff we can't source through the shop) and the above is testament to the the reason why.

Hope you read this Andy, keep it up

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

robarnold, thanks, that is great to hear, i'd like to add though that this one I had nothing to do with, it's all down to my colleague Billy and his team in returns/warranty…..

postierich
    Free Member

Well done Royal Mail too!! 😉

considering the weather.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

LOL at Rich – yes, well done to you too mate! 😀

postierich
    Free Member

"waits for the postiehaters!"

andyxxx
    Free Member

Yes I agee. Have used them a number of times and been highly impressed with the turnaround.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Hate to spoil the party but I placed an order on 19/12 and paid for next day delivery. The order didn't arrive until a week later. After Christmas. I've emailed them twice this week regarding a refund or some credit for the delivery charge but haven't heard from them. I know that the weather is probably the problem regarding the delivery but it doesn't explain not replying to emails.

sohala
    Free Member

ordered a set of brakes on monday afternoon, after 1pm actually ……delivered to work address on tuesday morning 😯

mightily impressed 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'm a bit pissed off with them at late… Order is still processing from over a week ago…

Guess it's just their Christmas rush??

29erKeith
    Free Member

CRC Yes +1 great service and prices as ever

Parcel Force not a chance, 8 Days and counting for a CRC delivery

Ordered from All Terrain yesterday afternoon to replace 2 of the items ordered from CRC as I need 'em urgently and the parcel was here by midday

+ for APC though

oopnorth
    Free Member

I`m the same as Keith above, ordered a DMR wheel on the 7th Jan, CRC despatched on the 8th….still nothing a week later! Parcel Farce are rubbish!!! No issue with CRC.
    Any way I can track it down???

algarvebairn
    Free Member

If service is so key to CRC, then surely they wouldn;t be using Parcelforce who are, undeniably rubbish. If I had noticed that it was PF that was delivering, I probably wouldn't have ordered having had issues with them in the past.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Another one singing praises here.
    Last min order due to not being able to find my waterproof trousers whilst packing for the Strathpuffer.
    Ordered yesterday 1300hrs and arrived up in deepest darkest Scotland 0800hrs today!
    That said JE James stuff just arrived too.

higthepig
    Free Member

I have been told that recently CRC changed their contractor for parcel distribution, in the past I had no issues with delivery times, now I am unable to get anything from them as the contractor is unable to process packages with a British Forces Post Office address (I am currently serving overseas). I am surprised by this as all other internet companies I have used have managed to send me parcels, they are only charged at UK rates so there is no difference in postage costs, has something changed as I am now missing out on shiny things for my bike!

29erKeith
    Free Member

oop north Not a chance with PF

On the CRC website you'll get a tracking No. on your order
    Which you can put into the PF website
    which will no doubt tell you the same as mine
    7th Left CRC
    8th at National Hub
    then nothing

Spent half an hour on the phone yesterday listing to the most infuriating computer. To finally get to speak to somebody who could tell me nothing more no eta other than nope your not gonna get it by tomorrow
    she did tell me If I wanted to return it because it didn't arrive in time that I'd have to pay though

Thanks a bunch!

29erKeith
    Free Member

CRC please get a better carrier 💡
    PF are useless

mollyiom
    Free Member

I have bought shed loads from CRC in the past, never have i had to wait more than a few days for things to arrive.

I have just sent back an endura stealth jacket that is having a few problems at the seams. I sent an e mail about my troubles and they were apologetic and just said pop it back in the post to us and we will sort it. I will see how i get on but dont anticipate any drama.

Applause +1 for CRC

wwaswas

29er Keith

Maybe just put in a duplicate order and refuse delivery of whichever one turns up second?

Never had a problem with PF myself, though.

taka
    Free Member

ANDY@CRC how come on your website everything that looks an amazing deal is always discontinued? not complaining i buy lots from you guys and never have any problems but it can get quite annoying?…

MSP

The good thing about parcel force is the ease of collecting from a local office if you miss the delivery, nothing more infuriating than having to collect a parcel from a remote depot.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Taka,

Amazing deals are often snapped up very quickly and then the site will change to discontinued if it is an item we are not getting any more of.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Difficult to know how to respond to the courier thing, we used ParcelForce, then tried another courier for all UK parcel traffic (not mentioning any names) but they were really not working for us at all so back to ParcelForce who actually get the vast majority of parcels we send to their destination on time.

I have no doubts there are a lot of examples that could be levelled at us stating the opposite but the numbers we have speak for themselves.

You also have to be aware that there are limited options available to us and when we have companies come to us and state they want the business from us most of them are not heard from again when we tell them how much volume we ship.

Also we are at the otherside of the Irish Sea so that also limits the options we have.

All things being as they are though we are happy with the Royal Mail/ParcelForce combination we use.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

teetosugars, let me have your order number and i'll look into it for you.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

algarvebairn let me have the details of order number and i'll get that looked at.

Some issues with an email server and system over the last week, sorry if emails have not been answered.

All sorted now and emails arriving now are processing as usual.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Guess it's the best bet really….PF that is.

noteeth
    Free Member

CRC have always done fine by me.

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

I have always been very impressed with the level of service from parcelforce Andy. I have never waited more than two days for an order from your site.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Andy I've emailed you at yer work email.. It was order no. 3445484.

Cheers fella.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Ah that order, I did reply to you earlier, did you not get it?

Thinking about it, we have good stock so if i can get this out tomorrow will that do?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Andy if you could, that would be fantastic…

Thanks again..

Nick

mudglutten
    Free Member

Another fan here. Never had delivery problems other than one wrong item sent(sorted promptly).

The one big gripe I have though is preorder. I'm fed up with the number of times I'll see an aparant bargain "67% off" or some such, follow the link and find that the discount applies only to giants or midgets, with normal sizes either discounted at only 10% or discontinued.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Teetosugars,

Ok not sure what happened originally as that is the order picked and in the packing room. The packing guys will have that packed and dispatched on the system tonight ready for Royal Mail to collect in the morning.

Could be with you Saturday.

Sorry for the trouble.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thanks again Andy.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Mudglutten, tat has been mentioned before, simply the way the site displays the base price, main issue is that we pass on the savings we get when buying the outsizes.

We often get a better deal on the big or small but as the 'normal' sizes are the main seller then distributors are in no need to shift those as they sell ok themselves.

We could just sell everything at the higher price and make more but we try and pass on savings and good prices where we can.

Sorry that the way this displays online is not to everyones taste, that bit is a little outside my control.

PeteG55
    Free Member

CRC, brilliant, really can't fault them. Parcel Farce on the other hand.. 🙁
    Funny how conventional Royal Mail seems to offer a better service.

fras83
    Free Member

Got to say CRC are top class. Have been buying most of my bike kit and parts for years from them. Had a problem with a tyre I recently purchased from them (manufacturing fault, not CRC. But one email to them and then a returns form and defective tyre sent back and within the week I had a replacement tyre sent to me. Excellent service.

higthepig
    Free Member

Andy@CRC

Any chance of getting the BFPO delivery problem sorted?

Cheers

mudglutten
    Free Member

Andy@CRC

Andy, I appreciate that – it just gets a bit (well a lot) tedious when the last 5 links have taken you to 5 pages of XXXXL! It would be good if the initial page could warn "XXL and bigger only" or something like that.

On the other hand, you may have just given me a good excuse to eat more cake and move up to XXL. Every cloud…

Still generally prefer CRC over the chaps in Portsmouth though (who I also think are very good)…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Today I received a 2009 Race face Hoodlum jacket from CRC – as a replacement for a 2008 one I'd bought (at half the price) that had developed a fault.

Thanks CRC and Silverfish.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

higthepig, if only i could, we are almost there I understand, it is not myself that is dealing with the BFPO issue but my team deal with the emails about it.

Fingers crossed it's sorted soon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘CRC, I applaud you’ is closed to new replies.