Home Forums Bike Forum Cotic release an ebike!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cotic release an ebike!
  • cokie

Cotic have just posted an ebike on their Instagram.
    Look forward to some more photos & details.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DBdlR–sYI6/?igsh=dHFhcndrOWZnczR4

mudfish

Here’s another (edit: non- working) link. https://www.instagram.com/reel/DBdlR–sYI6/?igsh=Zm53MjhleXBiMzli

looks like insta linking is busted

go to instagram search Cotic look for rocket.

April 25. Order now!

breninbeener

Shimano motor?!

simondbarnes

The rear wheel is too small for me.

cokie

I was listening to Cy on a podcast recently- he mentioned the big suppliers, like Bosh, have minimum order qty of 1200+ units.
    Shimano was the only mainstream brand that would let them order an attainable number for Cotic.
    Same reason I imagine why lots of other small brands run Shimano (Privateer, etc).

edit- here’s the podcast extract:https://youtu.be/qIvpYCJm5WA?si=2oy9gA52sQ2g44Re

mashr

Looks like a concept they found lying around from 12 years ago 🙁

“Looks like something you see deliveroo riders on.“ sadly covers it for me

joefm

yeah looks like ebikes from before battery integration.  shame as the machining around the motor looks great.

But then again is it much different to having a bottle there?

chestrockwell

Looks rancid imo, especially if you are dropping 10k!!

Sure there will be plenty of buyers though and I like the look of Oranges so what do I know??

colournoise

Any reason a steel eeb couldn’t have the battery low down under the downtube in front of the motor with some kind of armour or shielding? Would it be too exposed? Would look better and put all the weight in the right place?

Having said that, there’s now an eeb out there that I could conceivably buy without abandoning my totally arbitrary principles that MTBs should be steel…

honourablegeorge

The prototype had that, Cy describes it in the blurb as a “no-no” for the reasons you mention

I think it looks good, very different, but will be a hard sell at the price – all those custom builders and 3d printers haven’t come cheap. The Pinkbike comments aren’t very positive either, the old-school external batters puts a lot of folks off.

z1ppy

I love it, I think that looks great, except for the cables entering the side of the motor. I find the need to hide the battery and make it almost impossible to remove, a stupid step backward from the like of the early 2018/9 Vius E-sommet.

Pity it’s got a POS shimano motor, get a DJI fitted!

sharkattack

Wow. Regular e-bikes are just about starting to look decent and now this.

Deliveroo comments are bang on.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Suspect it rides really well and the detachable battery has huge advantages. First reaction was nope but the more i think the better it is. Swapping batteries, one on use / one on charge, charging in hotel rooms, spares, capacity options.

ayjaydoubleyou

I dont mind the battery looks wise.

But that motor…. eugh. No amount of lovely detailing and finishing is going to hide that monstrosity. Could maybe have hidden a TQ50 in there in a less unappealing manner.

I like steel MTBs (and Cotic), but I think they end up hitting an aesthetic wall. The hardtails and short travel fullys look good, but once you start getting Fox38s, 2.6inch big treads, deeper wheel sections and 50t cassettes; I think the skinny tubes start looking out of proportion.

_tom_
    Free Member

Love a steel hardtail and Cotic in general, but looks wise this is a huge miss for me. Even though all Cy’s comments on PB make sense to me from a practicality standpoint. Compare this to the Amflow and I’m not sure why anyone would drop that much money on the Cotic, unfortunately.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Short of a (very heavy but cool looking) trellis frame, I can’t really see how you could do a batter job of hiding the battery unless you just wanted a pointless fiberglass or 3D printed fairing around it and the downtube.

Olly
    Free Member

the battery isnt as pretty as no battery, but its fine, in my opinon.

Its honest, not trying to be a bottle, not trying to sneak into a weirdly fat down tube. the wiring is neat, not lashed onto the brake hoses with zip ties. It wouldnt put me off i dont think.

I would want one of those new fangled combined gearbox/motor units myself though.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

how much ??

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.