- Cotic appreciation thread, post them pics up!!
No pictures but I had a ride on my guide’s Soul yesterday. First time on a proper hardtail in ages. It was slower on some parts, faster on other parts but loads of fun on all parts. And riding back up to get the van… it felt like I had someone else’s legs!Posted 5 years ago
Sorry, didn’t answer the questions.
why cotic ?? – I liked the Britishness of it.
why that model? – I wanted something that could be ridden all day and in virtually any situation; DH or XC = BFe
set up? – Rockshox Pikes, XT drivetrain, Bonty wheels, maxxis HR and Ardent, mile wide atlas bars!
opinions? – exceeded expectations, I’ve taken it to varied places and it copes excellently. Love the orange colour!Posted 5 years ago
heres mine (again !! :mrgreen:)
Always wanted a Bfe but had to scratch a full suss itch that lasted 3 years!!
Running fox floats, slx chainset and brakes, thomson post.
so far im enjoying it, nice and stable and the steering is very precise to !!
wonder if anyone will post up a rocket??Posted 5 years agoslimjim78Member
*It’s British, It’s Orange, It’s 853, It’s got great lines
*26″ works fine for me!
*1×9 Sram X0, Rebas SL 120 Maxle, Hope/Crest Hoops, Stylo, Thomson, USE, Formula R1
*Hands down the best bike i’ve ever owned, does everything I need and can handle more than I can throw at it.
Posted 5 years ago
Oh, go on then:
* Look at it! Just look at it! 🙂Posted 5 years ago
* Donor Bike was 26″
* Current set up has evolved a bit: shorter hoses & ditched the Crud catcher! Hope bash and Blackspire Stinger, XT shadow mech, smaller rotor on the rear, TALAS 120/150 arriving this week.
* Love it! It’s a better bike than I am rider. Looking at it still brings a smile to my face. But I won’t deny being tempted by the Rocket!VortexracingSubscriber
why cotic ??
* why that model– feels just right
* set up – see piccies
* opinions !! – would never be without one, the new one is spot on, but still wish they did it in green 😥
first one with Pikes
same one with Rebas
2nd one with u-turn revs
2nd one GD seat post & Revs fixed at 130mm
2nd one with 1 x 10
and the new one with a reverb and Race Face Next cranks
also run it with lighter wheels, post and tyres for racing.
oh and I forgot this one
oooppps forgot this one as well 😳
in it’s many guisesPosted 5 years agoandytherocketeerSubscriber
* why not!
* Hemlock would have been overkill
* Full XT mechanicals, 100mm Maguras, Formula Oros, unlike the pic, it’s now Maxxis tyres on Mavic XM719 on XT hubs (I think)
* best bike I’ve ever owned
Probably about to upgrade numerous bits (120mm forks, new brakes, finally get around to sorting the hoses/cables, etc.)
Posted 5 years agocolournoiseSubscriber
* why cotic ??
Wanted something UK designed for UK riding. Just like the way Cy approaches things and I’m a sucker for his carefully ‘casual’ PR style.
* why that model
Wanted something similar to a modern Trailstar that I could ride all day but still hammer through rough stuff on. I’m not a delicate rider. It also needed to come in a small enough size to fit a shortarse.
* set up
1×9 (Raceface 34T/SRAM X9 / 11-34 cassette), 150mm Marzocchi 44s, Flows on Superstar Switch with 2.2 RQ (f) and 2.2 X King (r), 70mm stem with 740mm Nukeproof flat bars.
* opinions !!
slainte 😀 robPosted 5 years agoHazeMember
As it was…
And fresh back from the ‘coaters today…
Why Cotic? Loved the frame from the minute I first saw one at MM, then I read how well rated they were.
Why that model? ‘cos it’s a singlespeed 🙂
Set up? XC717’s on Pro 2’s, Exotic carbon forks, Hope Mono Mini’s with Middleburn RS8’s to follow.
Opinions !! Love it!Posted 5 years ago
The topic ‘Cotic appreciation thread, post them pics up!!’ is closed to new replies.