Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 234 total)
  • Cotic appreciation thread, post them pics up!!
  • swingbing
    Free Member

Ha, it’s the mucky nuts one. Works great.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

metalheart
    Free Member

Nice to see a couple more rockets lighting up this thread at last! :mrgreen:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks, off to get one later 🙂

JamesD
    Free Member

Not enough riding pics on here 😉

Racing the Solaris…

Racing the Cotic Solaris – Enduro 6 2012 by James Dymond, on Flickr

colournoise

JamesD – Member
    Not enough riding pics on here

Aw, go on then…

slainte 🙂 rob

Haze

No riding pics yet, but here’s my Simple rebuilt after its holiday at the powder coaters…

Rigid fork added, may yet slip a couple more upgrades on there for good measure 🙂

johnj2000
    Free Member

Rocket
    Apologies if the link doesn’t work but can’t figure how to pop a pic within the thread on iPad.
    Some lovely examples on here, glad I found the thread.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Why?
    I’ve had a Soul and liked it so it made sense
    I got the BFe as I couldn’t justify the extra for the Soul.

Set Up?
    Fox RLC 32 TALAS
    SLX/X7 2×10
    Hope Hoops with Flows running tubeless

Opinion?
    Not had it long but on first impressions I’m loving it!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very nice. I like the white rims and the bars/fork co-ordination.

johnj2000
    Free Member

DSC03381 by jj.nicholson@btinternet.com, on Flickr

In my eyes it’s a thing of beauty. Love the fact I probably won’t bump into another very often, and although I still haven’t had a proper ride I know it’s going to be great when I get the suspension just right.

renton
    Free Member

Really liking the white wheels buddy !!!

nuke

I’m liking his simple but effective bike stand <wanders off to shed>

oxym0r0n

Finally got round to posting a pic of mine, after waiting for new wheels and chainset upgrade…

Untitled by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

* why cotic ??
    Colour! steel, geometry, price, 29er, design (wishbone, tight back end, no chainstay bridge)…
    * why that model
    Ridden other 29ers but wanted something stable at speed, chuckable that could easily be run 1x… with seatstay chain device
    * set up
    Fox cut ‘n’ shut 2011/2012 F29 tapered/QR15 Kashima jobbies, RR/NN on proII evo/crests/Stans, Thomson stem 80mm/post, olde XT running gear, MartaSL, Niner alloy bars 710mm, CK headset, Raceface Turbine/E13 ring, middleburn single bolts, E13 STS-XC, Charge Knife, RF good/evil grips, Goodridge cable/outer – think that just about covers it!
    * opinions !!
    Love it! Rips up and down hill, smooths out the little stuff, stable at speed but can still handle technical descents, zooms up hill, really fast on the road, handles drops/roots fine, Light… never been a Cotic fanboy before but I like this one 😀

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

oxym0r0n – What travel are those forks mate?

Im waiting on my green Solaris – due at my LBS on Friday! 🙂

Gonna run it with Exotic carbon rigids temporarily –

Firstly to see how i get on with it off-road, before splashing out £600 ish on sus forks, as im used to my SC Nomad 2, so it’s gonna be totally different to that i know!

Secondly, want the 2013 RS Revelation 120’s and they aint out yet,

Cheers,

Alan.

oxym0r0n

Alan – green looks lovely! 100mm forks but they feel like much more. IMHO Fox’s feel a lot plusher that RS though (at least the SIDS I sold), so 120 might not be a bad thing…

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Ah ok.

I thought yours were 120’s – Your tt has a decent slope on it, so thats good 🙂

Folk do say 100mm forks are fine on the Solaris and it is designed around that, but im used to 160mm!

Think i will go with 120 – Eventually!

Cheers – Yours does look sick! 🙂

I will add pics of mine this time next wk 😉

oxym0r0n

Your tt has a decent slope on it

Medium frame… Looking forward to seeing green pics.

In action:

IMG_0652 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

cotic853
    Free Member

* why cotic ?? – UK design for UK conditions

* why that model – enjoyed my Soul but lusted after the prettiness of Ti and of course the loss of a few lb but also the loss of a quite a few £

* set up – Pace forks from the Soul, Hope, Middleburn, XT

* opinions !! – great !

faz083
    Free Member

Do I get lynched now? But seriously, I would have got a Soul but this popped up on ebay for £300 less, it was a bit of a no brainer. But now I don’t have a Cotic 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

@faz083, how can you compare the price of a new Soul with a used Gensis off eBay? If you think a Soul is too expensive buy a BFe.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

faz083
    Free Member

@faz083, how can you compare the price of a new Soul with a used Gensis off eBay? If you think a Soul is too expensive buy a BFe.

because the one I bought was pretty much new? Ok so a little ambitious, but you still aren’t going to find a soul frame for £200 when it’s been ridden a handful of times.
    Also purchasing a BFe instead of a soul would be stupid – they’re completely different frames, designed for different things! I’m not just going to buy a cotic so I can own a cotic, I would actually want to ride it.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Really liking the white wheels buddy !!!

Thanks. I was a bit dubious about keeping the white wheels on it at first but it’s turned out well.

I’m liking his simple but effective bike stand <wanders off to shed>

I’d like to take the credit for the idea but it’s blatantly nicked off someone
    else, possibly on here, who posted a picture of their bike with a similar stand.

beargotsoul

Just got the Soul out the shed and took it for a ride, f/s may be spending the rest of the summer in the shed now.
    [/url]
    Untitled by bear406z, on Flickr[/img]

whereisthurso
    Free Member

This is the second soul that I’ve owned after an enjoyable spell on full suspension but it’s more fun on a hard tail around here.

It’s a frame I bought from gumtree for £50 and restored to it’s former glory. Have just changed the setup to 1×9 but otherwise it’s as in the picture. Great bike for doing all sorts on.

wisepranker
    Free Member

It’s a frame I bought from gumtree for £50

That must be the bargain of the year 😯

Looks good though!

craig1975
    Free Member

swingbing
    Free Member

Nice Bike whereisthurso. Love the green/brown combo. It was your buid thread on here that help inspire me to get on and build my bike. Absolutely love it now so thanks for that!

Retrodirect
    Free Member

First edition soul, sometime 2006. Chainstay snapped. Loved that bike.

Roadrat, 2009-2011. Downtube snapped. Did around 10,000 miles on it. Didn’t love it. Flexiest bike I’ve ever owned.

Alex

Bro’s new Soul. No idea how to post pics from Ow.ly!

It’s very nice though. I had one a few years ago and after a quick ride of his would like another.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

FINALLY! 🙂

swingbing
    Free Member

Absolutely love it alandavidpetrie79, very fine work indeed! 😀

chiefgrooveguru

Captured in action for once:

* why cotic ??
    I like the engineering approach and felt that of all the vaguely similar British designed XC/AM hardtails it would be the best optimised. It’s also rather aesthetically pleasing, especially in orange.
    * why that model
    I wanted a bike that wouldn’t be a chore on quicker XC rides (and the odd race) but would be better suited than my Boardman HT for ragging downhill and getting progressively bigger air.
    * set up
    Medium Mk2 Soul, Fox Float 140RL 15QR, Renthal 50mm stem, Haven Carbon 711mm, SRAM X9 1×10, Hope Pro2 Evo with Flow rims, Hope BB and headset, Hope Race Evo M4 183/160, Rubber Queen 2.2, X-King 2.4, Gravity Dropper, 
    * opinions !!
    Can’t fault it!

P.S. Thanks to Jedi for the photos and skills upgrade!

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru, what chain device are you using?

chiefgrooveguru

Bashring on the outside, N-Gear Jump Stop on the inside. Not lost a chain yet… However I hardly ever used to backpedal but I’ve just learnt the value of back-pedalling to get the trailing pedal down when braking before a corner. If it starts dropping the chain I’ll look at a full upper and lower guide but I’m hoping I won’t need it.

yunki
    Free Member

Espresso Soul

Fanks Mr rob 😀

rob2
    Free Member

That looks ace sir.

Bit more hilly than Oxfordshire!

amedias
    Free Member

Here’s Poopy and Snotty for you:

Poopy is a mk1 Simple that a bought second hand cos by the time I got round to phoning cotic to buy one they had sold out of my size, grr.
    Since then it’s been built up various ways to try out different setups but it’s happiest with the rigid P2 or a <100mm fork in my opinion.
    Feels like a mix of my old Bontrager and a 90’s Kona!

Snotty is a mkX prototype Soul frame that I got direct from Cotic a few weeks ago. Its a mix of the current and previous Souls, 34.9 Seat tube, standard 1 1/8th headtube, and a slightly lighter weight front triangle than made it to the production model apparently, and best of all and EBB so it can run SS without much bother.

Have only taken it round the block so far but will give it a proper thrashing soon 🙂

cardo

Mk.2 Large frame

Love the brand and think Cy has created a great bike that is lovely to ride. Built this one from nearly all 2nd hand used parts, although have recently upgraded the wheels to ZTR Flows. 2×10 and 140mm fork works fine for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘Cotic appreciation thread, post them pics up!!’ is closed to new replies.