Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • gerti
    Free Member

Galaxy Ripple, crunchie, ice cream and double G & T for afters tonight – just gearing up for the fat loss to start tomorrow. Woohoo! Bring on the calorie counting. MFP giving my 1700, can’t wait.

Sandwich

Good thing to add to coffee is coconut oil.

I doubt this as it’s a saturated fat source par excellence.

tagnut69
    Free Member

Just joined on Strava, first ride tomorrow after flue over new year first time I have needed antibiotics for anything in 40 years. didn’t know they made your farts stink so much

Kato

Joined the strava club. Be prepared to be bored of my endless work commutes!

Bregante

Also joined. But WHAT THE HELL IS SCALED DOING IN THERE?

He’s one of the quickest riders I know and probably about 10st wet through! 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

Shit me. First time on the scales since my holiday in mid September. I’m up a stone and a half!

FB-ATB

An unexpected 82kg for me- thought it would be a lot higher. About 6kg less than I started last year’s Fat Club, but c12kg more than I got down to last June.

Only bad news , there’s a load of food left over from Xmas to go through.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Don’t know why but I though first weigh in was today, not just the starting weight! Anyway, down to 102.2 from 103kg, so updated my starting weight.

Probably should have banked that 0.8kg for next week though!

fatmax

A depressing 15st 2.2lbs to start. Heavier than I’ve been for about 20 years 😥
    Still got three huge Toblerone and some fudge to get through! Good luck everyone, stick at it! Less than a pound a week for me to lose – someone shout at me if I can’t achieve that!
    Fraser

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t seem to be able to edit the spread sheet on my phone. If anyone is in there and happy to pop 207.4 in for me, it would save me firing up the laptop when I get home.

Cheers.

Bregante

I’m exactly 100kg this morning.
    Up 8kg since the start of December 😯 thanks mainly to some long days at work leading to lack of exercise and too much takeaway food.

I’ve signed up for the South lakes jennride in May so that should be all the incentive I need to shed some lard…

TheWrongTrousers

Thanks for setting up the Strava club grenosteve, great idea. I’m in.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

you can add people on my fitness pal too. perhaps some sort of group motivation there as well?

gerti
    Free Member

Done Onzadog

151 lbs for me, hoping to get into the 9’s by ski hol at Easter.

Good luck everyone!

IHN

And so it begins: 85.2kg this morning. To be honest, that’s a pleasant surprise after the festivities.

Tiger6791

Also joined. But WHAT THE HELL IS SCALED DOING IN THERE?

I think we may have been compromised. 😀

scaled
    Free Member

I’m aiming to drop 10KG

I’ve just not decided if that’s 10kg from my morning weight or my evening weight, they seem to be drastically different.

munrobiker
    Free Member

There’s some fat people doing some alarming miles on the Strava club 😯

Where do you all find the time to eat so much yet also ride so much?

grenosteve
    Free Member

The more you eat, the more you can ride! 😉

Edit = I’m more about elevation gain, as that put me in a better position! 😛

munrobiker
    Free Member

Me too. Number 1 baby 8)

wiggles
    Free Member

109kg…

Do I win a prize? 😳

Not sure if just me but the page with the graph only goes as far as names beginning with S?

Wookster

Pah Id love to be 109 Wiggles….

No I can only see down to S as well on the graphs.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Not sure if just me but the page with the graph only goes as far as names beginning with S?

I’m waiting til everyone’s in and the portcullis is down before I fix this (and a few other issues). There’s nothing to see right now anyway – give it a few weeks and it’ll be like looking at slimming dashboard heaven.

Maybe.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Anyone else who wants in; get in touch soon. Once people start adding in updates (next Friday) things will get tricky to add anyone else in without cocking it all up.

37 people on the list are yet to fill out their starting weight – get to it, yo.

IHN

Cheers Rob. Are you going to send a reminder mail for each weigh-in? If so, could you stick the link to the sheet in each time?

Fank-wuuuu 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

Yes & yes :).

IHN

Gawd bless ya.

jonnyboi

There’s some fat people doing some alarming miles on the Strava club

I’m giving myself an extra 800 cals of cheese based heaven a day by hitting the turbo trainer. what’s not to love?

wiggles
    Free Member

On board with the spreadsheet and got my fitness Pal up and running to give this a proper go

Just spent an hour at one of those trampoline parks with the kids, certainly a lot sweatier now anyway!

Spent most of the time sinking to the bottom of foam pits and trying to get out like a seal crawling up a beach 😳

stevie750

Hi ,

I am in as well

gerti
    Free Member

Thanks for the spreadsheet wizardry/babysitting Rob 8)

Wally

Bravo Rob on organising this. It does give a focus and good luck organising a box of frogs like the STW collective are. PS Gold star on being the lightest and setting a scary target.
    I could not fit into any suits post Christmas, a little concerning.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Gerti, thank you for that.

theotherjonv

I’m not declaring as such, going with my starting weight on Jan 2nd for this week because I’ve been very good all week and this morning I was (according to the scales) 3lb down, but I’m keeping that in reserve for next week’s official.

As yesterday, today tried another Tom Kerridge, this time a variation on lasagne using butternut squash instead of pasta. But the real revelation was using 5% fat mince, which normally tastes insipid and watery, but TK suggests instead of browning it off in the pan, to spread it across a baking tray and roast in the oven until it’s brown and starting to crisp up. Made a huge difference!!

FB-ATB

Jon- do you have the butternut squash mashed or sliced for the “pasta” layer?

I was veggie from ’94 til 2012 and since then have added fish. Prior to kids exercise kept me to around 70-75kg. Since then it has crept up, despite not eating “fatty ” red meat. I suspect the amount of pasta and bread is a culprit. Would be interested in this as an alternive.

theotherjonv

Sliced – you can buy presliced from Sainsbury for £2 a pack (maybe other supermarkets) https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/sainsburys-butternut-lasagne-slices-400g?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=ANnh%2BGsLBouKYH8FPT5VYkUYEiZgSvIM%2BjmbrBaIeSMXzFyoK4mTnvAl2VeO%2Bk4ndxGIzdPboj%2FYWS1ovDrXwGbmc2QzOphY6veWg1Fpf6UP9o8FIXnFxZGw6gaD9%2Fi5SlS%2BDmsRyPi7XnHgUijpREO0bLTGlHbVbUFT022ul0g%3D&ddkey=https%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fsainsburys-butternut-lasagne-slices-400g

if you can’t be arsed with the faff yourself. TK actually used courgette in his, just wash the courgette and then slice at an angle to get longer pieces but I’m not a big fan of courgette and in other stuff it’s a bit wet and waters the lovely thick sauce down.

Recipe here but if you have an ounce of nouse you can amend so you don’t need as many ingredients. And as I said, it was the mince was the revelation, not so much for you I guess 😉

FB-ATB

Thanks- after years of cooking with quorn, you get quite inventive adding flavour

theotherjonv

tips accepted with quorn, as well as eating healthier trying to reduce meat intake and seems like a decent way to stay high protein apart from the fact it seems to taste of underlay

FB-ATB

Cooking from scratch, minced quorn takes on flavours a lot better than the chunks. The latter benefit from marinating overnight if possible.

We’ve found a 350g tray of chunks/mince can make 6 adult portions and cook in bulk and freeze the extra. The frozen meals take on more flavour when eaten later. For chillis and bolognese style sauces marmite helps boost the flavour

theotherjonv

For chillis and bolognese style sauces marmite helps boost the flavour

Actually, underlay doesn’t sound so bad after all…….

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.