Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • alansd1980

Another one in over here.

Never been light but always pretty fit and fast enough but last year saw me with my lowest ever mileage (1800 mainly commute and some road) with old eating habits. Not a great combo so some structured action is required!

badnewz
    Free Member

I’ve just found out alcohol-free beer still contains calories (not as much as alcoholic beer, but still quite a few).
    No wonder I’ve not lost much weight since exchanging the real sauce for the fake sauce.

dirkpitt74

Started using my fitness pal today – even with a cheeky pint with the old man tonight I still have 460 calories left!

I can see this getting obsessive..

Ooh – just noticed you can link it to Strava too!

grenosteve
    Free Member

Ooh – just noticed you can link it to Strava too!

Didn’t know you could do that! Although I take my strava rides (use a HR monitor) and copy into MFP, I only enter 75% of the calories into MFP though.

Erg, forgot how hard commuting can be when running on fumes. Need to have my afternoon snack later on to prevent bonking on the climb up home! That wasn’t pleasant in the pissing rain and dark last night. 😥

Tiger6791

4 days in and initial signs are good 😯

Water gone!

Now for the harder get rid of the chub (again) slog…. 😈

jonnyboi

Didn’t know you could do that! Although I take my strava rides (use a HR monitor) and copy into MFP, I only enter 75% of the calories into MFP though.

Erg, forgot how hard commuting can be when running on fumes. Need to have my afternoon snack later on to prevent bonking on the climb up home! That wasn’t pleasant in the pissing rain and dark last night.

MFP is taking a feed straight from my garmin watch so I’m getting calories back for steps as well as rides 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Guys, I like a milky coffee more than once a day…. should I replace the milk with some cream to reduce carbs?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Expresso or water. Don’t drink calories.

Only acceptable alternative is double exxpresso.

firestarter
    Free Member

You’ve not sent the email link through yet have you rob

sharkbait
    Free Member

Expresso or water.

One of those is not very attractive!

RobHilton
    Free Member

firestarter – Member
    You’ve not sent the email link through yet have you rob

I **** haven’t! Sorries! Will do it now…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Have a milky coffee just semi skimmed milk and include it in your calories. No problem.

firestarter
    Free Member

Lol no worries rob I just didn’t want to miss it 😉 ta

munrobiker
    Free Member

Suppose I’d better throw my hat into the ring for this. Hit 13 stone yesterday morning after getting down to 12st 7 in early December.

wiggles
    Free Member

You guys are missing a trick here by starting before the first weigh in 😉

My cunning plan is to continue my over indulgence until tomorrow so I will truly (and embarrassingly) peak in fatness tomorrow and then actually paying attention to what I eat should make a dramatic difference 😆

timbles
    Free Member

Hi Rob, I popped you an email but didn’t hear anything back…
    The blubber needs to go so sign me up 🙂
    Cheers, Tim

RobHilton
    Free Member

@timbles – you’re defnly in. Will re-send…

tagnut69
    Free Member

I found the Tshirt I won back in 2008 for winning looser of the month in Fat Club on here

grenosteve
    Free Member

Should we set up a strava club???

Tiger6791

That is a brilliant idea 😀

grenosteve
    Free Member

Well that’s at least two of us in!

Who wants the honour of setting it up? Rob? This is your gig after all. 😉

jonnyboi

serious question. I’ve increased my exercise and dropped my calorie intake and one unexpected side effect is that I am literally pissing like a horse. I haven’t massively increased my fluid intake either.

Is this how people lose water weight in the first week? 🙂

grenosteve
    Free Member

I had that last year, but probably because I was drinking gallons of tea to stop me eating snacks!

rhinofive

just seen a photo of me making baggies look like lycra; e-mail sent…..

dirkpitt74

grenosteve

Great idea – I’m in.

RobHilton
    Free Member

tagnut69 – Member – Block User – Quote
    I found the Tshirt I won back in 2008 for winning looser of the month in Fat Club on here

Prizes?? This is austerity Fat Club – the winner of this will be lucky to get a second serving of gruel.

Who wants the honour of setting it up? Rob? This is your gig after all.

Not freaking likely! I’ve got enough to do already with babysitting adults who can’t feed themselves properly (I’m allowed to joke about that cos I’m one of them :P)

rhinofive

isn’t the problem that we can feed ourselves too well?

grenosteve
    Free Member

Who wants the honour of setting it up? Rob? This is your gig after all.

Not freaking likely! I’ve got enough to do already with babysitting adults who can’t feed themselves properly (I’m allowed to joke about that cos I’m one of them :P)

Fairysnuff. I’ll set up a strava club for anyone interested.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Strava club set up –

https://www.strava.com/clubs/STW-CC2018

In case above URL doesn’t work ? – https://www.strava.com/clubs/333166

In San Antonio, Texas for some reason! Will change that later.

Tiger6791

IN!

and top of the leader board already…. (of 2 😀 and only last weeks not this week…but still… get in!)

EDIT: Well that moment of glory didn’t last long 😥

rhinofive

and top of the leader board already…. (of 2 and only last weeks not this week…but still… get in!)

oops; I’m presuming lard is like cream and rises to the top!

grenosteve
    Free Member

2nd place for me! 😉 (for now!)

If anyone has better photos to use on the page (wouldn’t be hard!), let me know and I’ll update it. Strava art of a fat bloke on a bike would be ace!

RobHilton
    Free Member

I like the banner 😆

I might just have to sign up to Strava now – not that I actually ride much…

theotherjonv

I can highly recommend

Tom Kerridge’s Southern ‘Fried’ Chicken

I didn’t use all the same herbs, just a Schwarz pot of mixed, used some Old Bay seasoning i had instead of paprika, and used 0% natural yoghurt i.o buttermilk (my wife’s on Slimming World and that’s a free food whereas buttermilk isn’t)

Didn’t do the potato salad either, just did sweet potato mash, which needs nothing but salt and pepper to make it delicious (no butter/cheese/etc.) and broccoli and got a resounding thumbs up from wife and 2 girls.

Kerridge’s is allegedly 500 cals for a 3 thigh portion, with my subs I reckon closer to 400.

Buurrrrppppp!

dirkpitt74

Is the Strava club only recording rides? What about running?

duncancallum

im currently drinking scotch shivering like a shitting dog with full blown cat aids

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Good thing to add to coffee is coconut oil. Not too much or it’s like your drinking a chow mein but it’s also supposed to be good for you.

atlaz
    Free Member

Earlier this month, the American Heart Association (AHA) warned that coconut oil contains the same level of saturated fat as beef dripping.

from here 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Joined the strata group but my xc skiing isn’t showing up. This is an outrage

jonnyboi

Joined the strava group then I remembered I’m keeping my rides private for personal reasons, so I left again. No offense

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.