Home Forums Bike Forum Cheap XD cassettes

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Cheap XD cassettes
  • bikerevivesheffield

The sunrace adapters, how do they come off?

spacey

They just screw on to the XD interface, so can unscrew too

frogstomp

The adapter itself interfered with the end cap on my WTB hub as the tooling is narrower than the end cap which made it exceedingly difficult to remove it as the cassette tool no longer slotted into place to get enough purchase.

Do you not just remove the hub end caps before using the tool (like with Hope hubs)?

bikerevivesheffield

@spacey but how do you do stop the freehub rotating when unscrewing the adapter

radbikebro

Thats also providing that you can get the tool in enough to give you any leverage. I ended up using a vice and a pipe wrench – not ideal, bit it got it off.

@frogstomp
    – I probably could have done, but didn’t realise I’d have the issue with the end cap clearance until it was too late. I’m also not sure if I’d have had the room to put it where it needed to be after it was all torqued up

frogstomp

@radbikebro – I’m just wondering if you’ve cross-threaded the cassette onto the freehub (easy to do, especially if you are struggling with tool engagement) so it is not fully on which is why it is sitting too far out and rubbing on your frame.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.