• This topic has 139 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Chance of quarantine being applied to France???
  • cookeaa

Why does the French reciprocation actually matter so much?

It Doesn’t:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53772735

We’ll be spreading our own CV19 infections thankyou very much, and don’t need any help from the French!

superfli
    Free Member

The French campsite I was staying at issued a ban on any UK visitors from today. It’s a popular campsite near Annecy, so I expect a lot of others doing the same.
    I know it’s tit for tat, but you kind of think the reciprocation is kind of cutting your nose off to spite your face. It’s going to hurt the French tourism big time.

ransos
    Free Member

It turns out that the hapless Grant Shapps tweeted that the quarantine applied from 4pm Saturday, not 4am. People who’ve bought tickets for Saturday daytime not very impressed…

Dickyboy

Why does the French reciprocation actually matter so much?

When you’ve booked a slot at dignitas it **** matters, on the upside my sil has been given only 6 to 12 months anyway, hopefully will only involve a more convoluted drive for my brother ☹️ worst possible timing.

Edit: probably not thinking straight on ramifications, bit emotional

matt_outandabout

Sorry to hear that DickyBoy.

wonnyj
    Free Member

So what are the risk of travelling to France?

– travel insurance not valid
    – will have to quarantine on return
    – campsites may be closed
    – France may impose 14 days quarantine on arrivals from UK

What i am missing?

I’m half tempted to still go next month….

BillOddie

Well, the news today whilst not unexpected is still a massive PITA.

I’m due to head to France for a week on the 26th to help my parents finish packing their house up, give my mum a bit of a break (my Dad has fairly advanced Motor Neurone) and bring them home with my Brother.

I’m basically i quarantine myself already, only really leaving the house to walk the dog, in preparation as C19 would likely kill my Dad.

Quarantine on my return doesn’t really matter, but quarantine on arrival in France means i need to leave on Wednesday so we can all leave on 2nd I think.

Considering I will only be seeing my parents, who I’m actually bringing back, what are chances of being stopped leaving France as I haven’t stayed for 2 weeks to quarantine?

My head hurts…

kelvin

Sorry to hear that Dickyboy. It’s an upside-down world where that trip is the only legal path open to your family. Really feel for you all. No more moaning about not seeing our family this year from me. Perspective.

timmys

What i am missing?

France WILL impose a tit for tat quarantine. So it’s a question of whether you are willing to spend your holiday locked inside with food being delivered to you. Not my idea of a holiday.

136stu
    Free Member

Carry on regardless, return journey via rubber dinghy from Calais. Actually, I wonder what would happen if you did that for the outward journey?

136stu
    Free Member

Seriously though, I do wonder how this government can be so utterly shambolic. A few hours notice for this, less to re-introduce restrictions in NW England, pulling the rug out from under holidaymakers in Spain, etc, etc. All a reaction to the mis-understanding of data. But its either that or they will throw anyone under a bus for a cheap political gain.

DickyBoy, deeply sorry for you and your family, hope you can work something out.

fatmountain
    Free Member

One wonders if this is really a sort of punitive/deflective strategy from the UK “government”.

Speeder

One wonders if this is really a sort of punitive/deflective strategy from the UK “government”

I don’t . . .

Look! Squirrel!

mattyfez

Well, a dining room table can only accommodate so many dead cats being piled up on it, so you’ll need to start putting dead cats on your neighbors table too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

What i am missing?

The French are not a soft touch .unlike our shower of useless **** ups They set up road blocks and check paperwork during their lockdowns

So don’t reckon you’ll be just ignoring quarantine over there.

mogrim

One wonders if this is really a sort of punitive/deflective strategy from the UK “government”

Or part of the bargaining strategy during Brexit negotiations? Sort of “we can hurt you too” power play?

fatmountain
    Free Member

It definitely smacks of that. It’s as though they’re trying alienate some of the key EU states to sabotage an incredibly long and complex negation of some sort….

wonnyj
    Free Member

They still haven’t implemented quarantine for UK arrivals.

It is still voluntary: https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-UK-and-French-travel-and-quarantine-measures

Ewan
    Free Member

Bit of a result from my air bnb host – he didn’t have to refund us anything under the policy, but he offered to do the lot!

Need to work out how to send him some french amazon vouchers as a thankyou? Anyone know how?

alpin
    Free Member

Why vouchers? Just ask him to keep 50€ back when he refunds….. 🤔

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Chance of quarantine being applied to France???’ is closed to new replies.