Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 339 total)
  • Celibacy……….
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

Littlesthobo – I tend to agree withe the picture you paint. However I was not as lucky as you. I have a choice between:
    a. Make no effort, just be myself and 'It will happen'/you'll meet the right person' hopes; and
    b. Do a few things which are a bit of an effort, may be a bit of a pain or a bit frustrating, but which get me out there meeting a few more people and hence increase my chances of meeting the right person.

As I said in an earlier post, I used to take the 'romantic' view that doing a. would work for me but it hasn't much and isn't currently. I'd rather not do b. but it isn't really too much of an effort so I'm giving it a try. If it gets me nowhere and just proves a pain then I'll re-evaluate.

I am a bit worried that the ride will be lopsided in ratio and that without some effort, even in a small and balanced group, the girls and guys could end up inly really talking to one or two others and not get a moment to talk to others. Still worth a try though. If you go along with the thought that it's just a ride that has an opportnity to meet people (nothing more) then it should be okay.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Hmmm, I would always be reluctant to join a singleton's mtb ride. If the ratio is as one-sided as some claim, then it is surely awkward for both men and women. Men have to compete to get the few women available (and yes, we're only going to pick a few men we like the look of – it's not the scenario I'd imagine being able to get to know someone very well/taking the time to get to know everyone equally)
    and for the women (well, I would feel certainly) it would be like walking into the Lion's den..

Casual mixed-group rides would be far less intimidating – and surely you can 'get to know someone better' on/after these rides anyway?

Keva
    Free Member

Im not saying being sociable will get you laid but surely it's a starting point. What I was getting at is people seem to be over complicating their fears by stewing on them. Surely it's better to put the idea of 'I might meet someone' out of your head and just get on with things. I've been single for years and I certainly don't get laid every weekend but it doesn't stop me enjoying my life and becomming depressed about the fact Im single. Yeh it runs me down a bit from time to time but that's life. Life isn't easy for anybody. I'm just thankful for all the things I have and try not to think about what I don't have.

Kev

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Could the site not make premium members able to see the sex of the other members. Have the ladies pink and men blue (Whatever). I only say premium as they will have paid and hopefully not be some sexual devient.

From that point they can then access the member profile pictures that are maybe private from normal members. If you fancy another member then send the email.

Sounds simple to me and something that 'sells' stw premium a bit more

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh and I should have said on my profile I am happy to provide a photo to anyone that wants one. I understand thatpersonality is the clincher quite often, but looks count initially (we all eye up the attractive people first).

That's odd – I just posted a response to Littlesthobo but it hasn't appeared. In short, I agree with your picture but haven't been as lucky to just meet someone so i'm prepared to make a little more effort doing a few things specifically to meet new people. I don't think that makes me desparate, I'm still loking for the right person, I'm just looking more actively.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

The post is showing above neil.

btbb
    Free Member

LittlestHobo – I like the idea that paying for something rules them out of being a sexual deviant 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

barnes – you're just difficult!

as easygoing as a chainsaw :o) You want easy ?

samuri
    Free Member

and for the women (well, I would feel certainly) it would be like walking into the Lion's den..

ROOARR!

/makes clawing movement with hand

aleigh
    Free Member

you wouldn't be you if you were easy……… 😉

i would upload a pic of myself on my profile here but i've never been able to get the avatar thingy to work

lol @ samuri

Trekster

I am a bit worried that the ride will be lopsided in ratio and that without some effort, even in a small and balanced group, the girls and guys could end up only really talking to one or two others and not get a moment to talk to others. Still worth a try though. If you go along with the thought that it's just a ride that has an opportnity to meet people (nothing more) then it should be okay.

You could try not having too long a ride,stopping every now and again, rules to include riding with a different partner every 15mins or so wherever possible, having some of those speed dating type games, a bag of cards with some personal questions, anything you can think of…………….

Like Hobo I met my SO @ school when 15, 40 yrs on, 2 kids and 3 grand kids she has over the past 2yrs lost 2/3st and returned to her teenage shape(nearly, gravity etc 😉 )

I have neighbours and friends in the same position as some of the posters on here so can sort of understand.

aliagh…one of my neighbours has 2 daughters, 1 at uni doing PE and the other working in Boots. She has "lived" or her kids and says she is not bothered about men. I suspect she may think all men are the same as her ex….a total a……e

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Could the site not make premium members able to see the sex of the other members. Have the ladies pink and men blue (Whatever). I only say premium as they will have paid and hopefully not be some sexual devient.

uh, I'm a premium member so that goes out of the window 🙁 Why not just chat up anyone who seems nice and go gay if necessary ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

makes clawing movement with hand

like Lady GaGa in her Bad Romance video ? How apt!

aleigh
    Free Member

i love that song!

you can't just chat up people on here – it doesn't work!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ah..i can see my other post now, good.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you fancy another member then send the email.

I'm not sure I want to be stalked by mud splattered girlies…

oh, go on then :o)

lowey

I lost my virginity when I was 16. Found it again when I got married.

I lol'ed.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I model myself on you Trekster. I imagine me & Jo when we are your age sitting on a bench by the sea sharing a poke of chips together in our disability chariots 😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Premier Member

uh, I'm a premium member so that goes out of the window Why not just chat up anyone who seems nice and go gay if necessary ?

As far as i am aware no ladies have complained at you inviting them to chow down on your dick in any of your emails though so although you are mildly over enthusisatic about the ladies (Arses), i dont think any of the women are too bothered. And having seen the photos of you, i imagine most of the ladies would be quietly confident of fending you off even if you did get carried away 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

handbags at dawn!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And having seen the photos of you, i imagine most of the ladies would be quietly confident of fending you off even if you did get carried away

I shall take that sideswipe as a compliment to my lightly-muscled frame 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

i think you are all over complicating this and going into one. let someone organise it and just make it a casual rideout where a roughly equal number of girls and lads turn up and just go for the offroading. if anyone like anyone, then email them.
    maybe you could have a "no chatting up" rule whilst everyones out together.

i used to be painfully shy and crap with women.im now married and much more happy and confident. meeting people is painfull and hard but as they say, "if you dont ask, you dont get"…

just do it, youll all have a fun day out…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and just make it a casual rideout where a roughly equal number of girls and lads turn up

easy to say, hard to achieve! On those occasions I've looked forwards to being outnumbered by women a load of extra blokes have always arrived at the last minute 🙁

aleigh
    Free Member

that's because you're irresistible 😉

Keva
    Free Member

i think you are all over complicating this and going into one.

maybe you could have a "no chatting up" rule whilst everyones out together.

It just became complicated.

Surely people should be able to do exactly as they please… ?

Kev

odannyboy
    Free Member

odannyboy
    Free Member

well if you wanna go swimming, you need to get in the water first..

aleigh
    Free Member

tis true

neilnevill
    Free Member

This seems to be heading for a ride consisting of aleigh, her chaperon and ride guide (c-g) and me just now…sounds reasonable, even if neither of the girls meet my criteria, I'm sure we will still have a nice ride.

aleigh
    Free Member

sounds like a plan to me 😀

TheDoog
    Free Member

Ride up to Yorkshire then i can join in.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Oh Neil, how naïve thou art.

What will actually happen is you'll plan to go riding with two ladies but at the last minute the prospect of Samuri's lion impression will cause them to bottle it leaving you to get lost in Swinley along with the thirty-two other blokes who turned up on the chance that they'd be the sole male.

aleigh
    Free Member

lol – that's brilliant!

grrrrrrrr

xherbivorex
    Free Member

this got too complicated/ridiculous/easy to take the mick out of… so, considering the distance too (i'm in manchester), i doubt i'll be turning up.
    not that that'll change anything for anybody that does, mind.

think i'll work on becoming a successful comedian instead.

bananaworld
    Free Member

To Doog & herbivore: why not have a Northern singles ride? 😀

It might go something like this:

"Ee oop, where's all t'lasses?"

"Well bugger me wit a pit pony, they've all stopped 'ome."

"Aye, and too right, where they ought'be."

(Rascist? Me? Je pense que non!)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

why not have a Northern singles ride?

cos hora would turn up and try to bum everybody there, both male and female…

cinnamon_girl

Scienceofficer – I will not respond to Edukator's post as I find it quite offensive. His previous postings had a particularly unpleasant tone to them too.

Everyone else – why not use the Swinley ride as social networking too, ie to meet up for drinks, go to gigs etc etc. It doesn't need to just be about dating!

Tend to agree with Kev too, it doesn't need to be complicated.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Seriously tho i've ridden round calderdale/lancashire borders for years and can prolly count the amount of ladies i've seen on one hand (oooeeer)

aleigh
    Free Member

You need to come down south then 😉

TheDoog
    Free Member

I dont have a valid passport.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Celibacy……….’ is closed to new replies.