Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CCTV Systems
  • jaylittle
    Free Member

There have been a few incidents of theft and vandalism on our street lately so I’m considering installing cctv. I have been looking at systems on Amazon but don’t really know what I’m looking for. Ideally I’d like 3-4 cameras and possibly something wireless as I’d be installing it myself. Questions I have are what will the battery life be like on the cameras? Are any of the sub £200 systems any good, I’m on a tight budget but there’s no point wasting cash on a poor system?

FuzzyWuzzy
    jaylittle
    Free Member

Thanks for that link, I’ll have a good look later.

Kryton57

Some Hikvision content in my thread here – its what I’m gong with.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-an-outdoor-security-camera/

jaylittle
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll take a look at that as hikvision has been mentioned before.

Ally-G
    Free Member

We’ve got a HIKvision set up with four cameras and an additional doorbell camera. It’s not the cheapest but has excellent picture quality and the cameras don’t make your house look like a high security prison. So far we’ve been very happy with it and would recommend, it’s just a sad state of affairs that we reached the point of feeling that we needed it…

jaylittle
    Free Member

That’s very true Ally, i keep putting it off but unfortunately there have been a few incidents over the past few weeks. I’m hoping that the cameras will act as a deterrent rather than needing to use the footage but I’ve heard of a large number of incidents taking place last night in the local area including tools stolen from vans and houses burgled.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CCTV Systems’ is closed to new replies.