• This topic has 50 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by fossy.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Cat deterrence šŸˆ
  • Cougar

But occasionally left open a little long and other cat gets in.

Stop doing that, then.

Could probably do the RFID cat flap, but a lot of work/expense. Very thick walls = core bit hire, double glazed windows, uPVC doors with all kinds of decoration on

Broadly the same here. I cut through a plain uPVC panel on the kitchen door and fitted a cat flap in minutes (after about a monthā€™s worth of prior angst that I was going to bugger up the door).

Prior to the relatively short-lived Charlie The Rescue Lunatic for whom I installed the flap, I had a cat who lived to the ripe old age of 18 (and destroyed me when she couldnā€™t any more, the furry little bastard). We, and later I, managed her movements for nearly two decades by opening the door when she miaowed.

If all this šŸ‘†šŸ‘† is nonviable, could she perhaps turn them into house-cats and not let them out? Easier with younger cats though, theyā€™re generally creatures of habit.

hels
    Free Member

Get one of those Feliway diffusers ā€“ I thought it was snake oil but tried it, seemed to help my cat.

My cat is 17 now, and after a lifetime of being the Top Cat in the neighbourhood, it appears the worm has turned, I even found the bitey ginger f****r in the kitchen scoffing her food, gave it a good soaking.

She seems to have taken well to indoor life, but it is very cold and windy so I will have to deal with other cat somehow in the spring!

ElShalimo

Catch the bullying tomcat, bring it to the zoo and feed it to the lions. Problem solved!

If that is a bit drastic, could you adopt the dominant cat and ditch your wimpy one?

šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜œšŸ˜‹

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Got the feliway stuff and CBD for them ā€“ does help.

Marvin used to be one of the greatest killing machines on Earth ā€“ would bring in 3 or 4 screaming rabbits every night, crunch their skulls in the hall, eat the entire body excluding the face, a paw and an ear which he would leave out in a wee pattern on the rug. Just all these faces and paws lined up for you in the morning. Bless.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Neither cutting through a upvc panel, core drilling through a wall or having a double glazed panel with a hole in it made are going to cost a fortune, solution right there but you seem to have rejected out of hand without consideration.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

No I havenā€™t. If it was up to me it would have been done already, but itā€™s my girlfriendā€™s house and she is reluctant for a variety of reasons.

Itā€™s only a very minor part of the problem anyway. The other cat doesnā€™t really get in very often ā€“ but it has happened once or twice. The main issue is that it has taken over the garden and made it itā€™s territory.

ElShalimo

Sounds like you need a new girlfriend, preferably one without a problematic pussy

šŸ˜‰

chrisski33
    Free Member

Womanā€™s pee works apparently. So get you gf to pee in garden. Failing that tell her cats to man up

PJM1974
    Free Member

Difficult one, our two cats are pretty confident being units of around 7kg each, but a younger female cat of considerable size has started prowling round the garden. Both of our cats will fight and chase her off, but she still keeps coming round. I suspect that a truce will break out when the weather gets warmer and theyā€™re least inclined to waste energy fighting.

My own solution would be along the lines, of ā€œgo to cat rescue, find the largest feline that you can, bring it homeā€ type of thing. But that doesnā€™t really help.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Got a new full height DG unit made up with a vent hole/cat flap hole for about Ā£70 at a local glass merchant, swapped it and installed sureflap (around Ā£80).

Other glazing firms wanted ~Ā£200 just for the unit.

Keep the old unit to swap back if selling house though.

fossy

7kg cat.Blimey. Our old tubby tortie was about 5-6kg at most, sheā€™s not that big now. Our ā€˜bigā€™ Ragdoll Male is about 4.5kg. The ninja ninja is 4kg, and Iā€™m sure if he was an outdoor cat heā€™d boss everyone having lived wild for a year. We keep him in so he doesnā€™t spread cat flu to non-vaccinated cats.

You could get a cat littler with a grating in the bottom ā€“ this means the litter lasts a bit longer as the pee goes through. Tip the pee around the gardenā€™s boarder.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ā€˜Cat deterrence šŸˆā€™ is closed to new replies.