• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Car/Motorbike/Dog dryers – any users?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Thinking about one of these to dry the bikes after washing. Sure the dog will get occasionally benefit as well.

Anyone else use something similar? Any tips or things to watch out for or avoid?

Tallpaul
    Free Member

I’ve got one. It was listed as a dog dryer but is the same as the bike/car ones but fractionally cheaper as it’s pink!

Nothing to comment, it is pretty powerful, never need to use the high setting and the heat option isn’t really necessary as you’re blowing the water away quite effectively.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I’ve seen the pink one and thought I’ve got no objection to pink if it’s that much cheaper.

IHN

Funking heck, it’s no wonder the ice caps are melting. What’s wrong with giving it a wipe with a rag? Or, indeed, not giving it a wipe with a rag?

As for the dog, we use a towel.

leonthepro
    Free Member

For the bike I use my air compressor to ‘push’ the water off it. Does a great job.

hugoagogo
    Free Member

Got one to dry our labradoodle after he’s had a shower or been out for a particularly soggy walk. It’s ace. Used it on the bike too, good for getting the water out of the areas where it collects – mostly bolt heads.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Just buy a “henry”type workshpop vacuum cleaner and place the hose in the blowing output – they’re designed for it.
    Used on my motorbike, mtb and dog works a treat.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is a shop vac any cheaper than a dog dryer though?

thebibbles

I just use my leaf blower to get rid of all the water hiding in the crevices after washing the bikes

weeksy

I use the pet dryer, works a treat…

stcolin
    Free Member

I bought a Bruhl MD1400 for my motorbike. Great bit of kit, so glad I got one. Have used it once for the MTB. Not tried the dog yet, might be a bit too powerful and noisy!

GolfChick
    Free Member

When I first got with my OH he had his motorbike drier and I mocked him savagely (like always) about his love of it. Obviously I now have to admit that I also use it regularly and its brilliant!!! Get that chain and cassette gloriously dry before applying your new chain lube of choice. Nice blast in all those nooks and cranies that you’ll never get your drying rag into like the fork arch triangles or in the low slung shock linkage that Santa Cruz thought was a brilliant idea despite the inability to access it without removing the blasted thing. It’s also handy for car and van ownership, can blow out the back of the van after weekends away and blow all the dust off the dash and between the air vents. Fabulous!

dickie
    Free Member

Everything she said.
    Used a compressor then bought one of the Amazon pet driers for bikes & motorbikes. Also blows the water out of the garage entrance & after washing shoes I stick the hose inside & forces water out through vents etc. And while in use at this time of year I use it to warm my hands whilst finishing off the bikes.

kayak23

I have one of these that I use on my bike sometimes.

Not tried it on the dog yet 🤔

GolfChick
    Free Member

Oooo I forgot about the shoe method. Get home and keep shoes on, warm bike wash water swish over shoes, take them off and stick drier in the large hole and poof out the water goes!

Tracey

I’ve tried the leaf blower on the dog, she wasn’t impressed.

Onzadog
    Free Member

IHN
    Funking heck, it’s no wonder the ice caps are melting. What’s wrong with giving it a wipe with a rag? Or, indeed, not giving it a wipe with a rag?

As for the dog, we use a towel.

Says the man asking about boot dryers. What’s wrong with newspaper and a radiator/airing cupboard? 😉

Recommend a shoe dryer please

Onzadog
    Free Member

Are people using generic (or pink) ones off Amazon, or is there any benefit to bigger, spendier or branded models?

kayak23

I’ve tried the leaf blower on the dog, she wasn’t impressed.

😂

IHN

Says the man asking about boot dryers. What’s wrong with newspaper and a radiator/airing cupboard?

I was waiting for this 😉

The thing is, shoes need to be dried* Bikes, definitively, do not. Especially, and ironically, high-end mountain bikes which have excellent sealing against water on any part that needs it and everything nut and bolty is made from stainless steel.

Dogs do, agreed, but that can be done with a towel. And if you’re that precious about your bike, well, firstly FFS, and secondly that also can be done with a rag/towel.

* and, yes, I could stuff them with newspaper and stick them on a radiator, but then you’ve got unsightly, horrible, muddy shoes on your radiators, which isn’t great. A shoe dryer can be bunged somewhere discretish and left to get on with the job

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Car/Motorbike/Dog dryers – any users?’ is closed to new replies.