Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • can`t see a puffer weather thread so here it is
  • beamers

First ‘Puffer for me and what an absolute belter of an event! Will certainly be competing again next year, in a quad again.

I did a fair bit of overtaking and without fail gave a “on your right/ left” or “Can I pass when you are ready” to the rider in front.

Utmost respect to the youngsters and their chaperones taking part in the event. Left me with a nice warm glow inside, which was handy given the conditions.

epicyclo

We missed a bullet. It’s been rain, rain, rain since Sunday afternoon.

Instead of being to toughest ‘Puffer, it could have been the miserablest. 🙂

No snow left here, just wee patches of slush.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I was a bit confused about the riders who just shouted rider. Ok mr rider which fooking side do you want
    So I just kept going until he decided to communicate his intentions or the line widened

Occasionally you’ll shout “rider” if there’s one rider on a wide bit of trail and you just need to make them aware that someone’s coming, or if it’s a narrow bit of trail and you just need them to be aware that you want to get past when the overtakee deems it safe (although in that situation I’d just stay quiet until I could see an opportunity to make my move). Someone did grumble about me shouting rider at the little fireroad climb by the portakabin before the loch – there were riders pushing all over it and I just needed a clear path through and “on your right/left” wasn’t appropriate.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Rider just means trail is wide as hell im ready to take either side you just need to pick a line and ride it.

So many folk not holding their line – even on the fire road meant I took to callin left/right/rider every time even if no real need as people seemed oblivious to you presence behif and would suddenly nove into your path. Not always their fault -you tended I move to Find the easiest riding line in the snow.

Quick look over the shoulder prevents a crash though 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Couldn’t find a link to it anywhere else-  the Adventure Show is now up on the Iplayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09w6rwn/the-adventure-show-20172018-episode-8

I got my three seconds of fame 8)

Image may contain: one or more people, people riding bicycles and outdoor

I forgot to post the video I made up at the time too, here’s another wee video of the race-

epicyclo

Trail Rat gets a nice bit of exposure.

I appear briefly near the start of the show, but I was probably going so fast they couldn’t focus on me… 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

They came to interview my mate who was the guy fitting forks shortly after i speak  but he got camera shy so they asked me instead.

first time in 10 years ive made it further than the cutting room floor !

richpips
    Free Member

We wrote a blog which I tried to post a link to just after the event without avail.

‘Tis here now though – http://minipips.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/2018-strathpuffer-24-hour-mountain-bike.html

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘can`t see a puffer weather thread so here it is’ is closed to new replies.