Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • withersea
    Free Member

1k + 1

zerolight
    Free Member

Had a blast on mine today.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EYK5Go]Untitled[/url] by graham_dorrian, on Flickr

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

How do people find the wtb saddle? I swapped it straight out for my old saddle because it looked uncomfortable. I know saddle comfort is a very subjective thing but just wondering what the consensus is.
    Oh and 1k+3

zerolight
    Free Member

I get on well with the saddle.

parkesie
    Free Member

Hasn’t killed me.

crazymac680
    Free Member

I put up with the saddle for about 3 months because it was about 10 grans lighter than my old spoon. I hoped I would get used to it as it looks good but I never liked it. It’s now on my old bike which I use for toddler seat and family cycles. I’m seriously considering another spoon.
    Does anyone fancy a swap?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m not liking the Silverado so I’m changing it to a Volt. That seems to fit me well.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Hovering over the ‘buy’ button for those easton bars!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’d like to find something to tidy up my cabling on the lefty too.

withersea
    Free Member

Jonny cable ties and a speed stuff DH neoprene fork boot cut down to stop rub in that area

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Cheers mate, ill have a mooch on ebay now.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Can’t find much. Anyone know of anything else that would do the job?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Helitape FTW.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

+1, seems to have worked well on mine.

zerolight
    Free Member

Cable ties in a figure eight are keeping my cables tidy and stopping any more paint coming off the Lefty

swainy90
    Free Member

Has anyone got a dropper post on there trigger 4? I’m a medium so don’t want a large one just wanna see what you recommend and how it looks. Also has anyone changed the wheels yet? I’m looking for some wider bars think the 740 feel too short personally

jaylittle
    Free Member

I’ve got a reverb on my medium trigger 4. Think its the 420mm with 125mm drop. I have it almost to the point where it wont insert any further and works well for me (just below 6ft).

swainy90
    Free Member

I’m only a short arse 5ft 9 so maybe need a shorter one. Did you go for the slealth or normal? How you finding it?

swainy90
    Free Member

Also does anyone know which model slx brakes are on the cannondale trigger 4. Looking at getting some new pads from uberbikes but unsure of model number

jaylittle
    Free Member

The brakes are M675. Its the non stealth version and the routings quite neat. There’s a hole in the linkage then it goes internal via a hole under the shock then emerges just before the headtube. Maybe the 380mm will do the trick for you.

swainy90
    Free Member

Cheers jay. Do you by any chance know the length of the stem gonna bid on one you see before I get home

crazymac680
    Free Member

Swainy
    Have a look at page 26.
    A few experiences on trigger 4 droppers and photos.

rascal
    Free Member

Bought a Sunrace 11-40 cassette I’m using with XT cranks and 30T Race Face NW ring.
    SLX clutch rear mech and the chain that came with the Trigger 4…not shortened it even when I ditched the Deore 3×10 to go 1×10. Was initially using the Deore cassette and shifting was fine.
    Since having the Sunrace the chain won’t sit happily on the 40T (the extra sprocket I didn’t have before!) and I have to drop down. The B screw is in as far as it will go. Chain not done more than 100 miles from new.
    Anyone got a similar setup on their Trigger 4?
    Any ideas what the problem could be? 1×10 (especially with non-Shimano cassette) is all a bit new to me 😕

andyl
    Free Member

Has anyone done much fettling of the Fox fork yet and can anyone confirm it’s a FIT damper or is it the more basic type?

Cannondale spec says FIT but no mention on the outside.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

If I wanted a new stem what size steerer would I need? Am I right in thinking its a 1.5 steerer?

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Ashy, yes thats correct unless your bike came with a normal fork and reducer headset cups. I recently got a Thomson x4 from Evans cycles for £48. Dont know if theres any left now though.

binners

There are some 1.5″ stems left in the CRC sale, but they’re all weird colours.

I managed to get a black 50mm Eason Havoc for 20 quid. very nice it is too 😀

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Spot on, thanks both. Seen an amazing deal on some Chromag carbon bars but they’re 35mm clamp and 35mm clamp 1.5 steerer stems don’t seem to exist. Ah well!

trickyd444
    Free Member

rascal-
    I’m running the Sunrace 11-42t cassette with standard cranks and a 32t oval NW chainring. No issues at all and the standard chain is still on my Trigger 4. I have the B screw one full turn out from max.

Take the chain off and eyeball the upper jockey wheel from behind the bike to make sure it is inline with the 40t gear? Adjust the upper stop screw to align it if required, I had to do this.

swainy90
    Free Member

Hi guys I’ve recently bought the trigger 4 and looking to upgrade stem and bars. I know the bars are 31.8 but will a 1 1/8 stem fit mine. Bit confused as it says 1.5 inch in spec

trickyd444
    Free Member

I have a fitted but unused Easton Havoc Black 50mm 1.5″ Stem for sale. £35 posted to the UK. This is less than I paid as I missed the CRC sale if anyone thinks I’m profiteering!

Just find it slightly too short, probably will go for the 65mm version. I’m 6’1 on a large Trigger.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Think it’s only the lefty equipped triggers and Jekyll’s that are 1.5s, anything else should be 1″1/8

rascal
    Free Member

My Trigger 4 has a 1.5 steers tube – it looks massive compared to a standard 1 and 1/8.

swainy90
    Free Member

Tricky will this fit my cannondale trigger 4?

jaylittle
    Free Member

It should do swainy. The trigger 4 has a straight 1.5 steerer.

swainy90
    Free Member

Bought a cannondale trigger 4 from pauls cycles for £1000 which I think was a very good deal. Just wondering anyone who also bought the bike from here did you get a wheelset with formula hubs on wtb i19 or i23 rims? Cheers

longmover
    Free Member

i19 on my Trgger 4

richardthird

My mate’s 29er/4 BB bearings shagged <1000 gentle XC miles.

longmover
    Free Member

The BB beatings are made of cheese, just changed my one to a Praxis Works

crazymac680
    Free Member

I19 wheels on mine also. I’m sure the spec was 23. Wonder if I can send them back buckled claiming the 23s would have handled it 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.