Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • rascal
    Free Member

Put new rear finned pads in my Trigger 4.
    Maybe just coincidence but since then I’ve had some major creaking coming from somewhere when I apply the rear brakes. Sounds like it’s a pivot though there’s no play…bizarre. It’s very annoying. Anyone had similar?

vt612
    Free Member

just bought myself a 2015 Trigger 3 alloy. Although it is 2 years old it hasn`t been used more than a handful of times, and it shows. Practically showroom condition, no marks or wear anywhere. Not too bad for less than a grand I guess.

The guy upgraded a few bits when he bought it so has Maxxis HR II 2.4 tyres, Renthal flatbars, and Saint flat pedals.

I`ll change the magura brakes to Sram guide, the Xfusion dropper to reverb and probably going 1×11 XT/SLX from the current 2×10 Sram X9 setup.

Anyway I am looking forward to riding it this is my first new mountainbike in 9 years! 🙂

binners

Why are you getting rid of the Magura’s? They’re awesome stoppers!!! I’d give them a chance before changing them

vt612
    Free Member

I had MT7s before. Dont really like the lever shape, no problem with the power or anything. Also, I have the guides already and I can sell the Maguras in almost new condition for more money 🙂 Do you want them? 😀

seph
    Free Member

Hi All,

Got my trigger a few years back. Looking to make a few changes. I want to go 1×10 on the standard cassette. I’ve only ever used the middle chain gear.

Question, is it as simple as changing to a 32t (96mm) chainring and some single ring bolts? How have people found these with the standard cassette? I’ve tried reading the whole thread but some posts are old so wanted to check if the above is still current.

Also anyone else suffer with water in the frame? I always tip the bike up after getting it wet. It seems to be getting in somewhere!

parkesie
    Free Member

All I did was put a 30t narrow wide ring onto the middle ring bolt holes. Original 11 36 cassette aswell.

abmatt
    Free Member

Same here. Black spire narrow/wide 32t.

parkesie
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve noticed any water in the frame of my carbon 2 I did tape over the slot in the seat tube to help prevent it when It was new tho.

seph
    Free Member

Thanks Parkesie and abmatt.

Parts ordered for delivery tomorrow 🙂 Along with some new tyres and footwear 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

Cheeky I know, but I’m parting with my large Trigger 4 if anyone wants to join this elite club 😉
    Email in profile if interested. I expect the mods may delete this but hopefully not…cheers

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Schwiiing!!!!

zerolight
    Free Member

My Trigger is misbehaving a bit. Been getting a lot of pedal strikes, finding it softer than usual, blows through travel easily. I’ve reset the Dyad to my usual PSI a couple of times and it’s made no difference. Today I put in a fair bit more pressure than normal and it still felt soft. Short travel mode even feels kinda soft. I’ve been noticing a clicking sound when climbing a steep tough long gradient too.

When topping up the +ve air chamber I get a small amount of oil coming out which I don’t think happened before. Do I need to send it to Mojo for an expensive service? Thoughts?

I am running offset bushings but they been fine for months. Not the best time to need a service as I just bought a wheelsmfg BB and tools to install for my road bike, and a pair of new tyres for the Trigger.

zerolight
    Free Member

Parksie, you know that the cranks on the trigger carbon 2 can take a direct mount chain ring? Looks cleaner. I’m running a 1×11 setup with a direct mount 32t oval and a sunrace 11-46 out back.

parkesie
    Free Member

I’ll prob fit a direct mount ring when it comes time to replace the drivetrain.
    Is part of your air shaft exposed when no weight is on your bike? If so it’s time for a service. Mine did this early into owning it and came under warranty.

zerolight
    Free Member

Seems to disappear inside the shock when no weight. I’m hoping it’s still under warranty since it’s not 2 years old until March next year. Fox seem to do a 2 year warranty in EU.

zerolight
    Free Member

Eddie I see you have a rock guard on your Jekyll. Do they make one for the trigger?

zerolight
    Free Member

Looks like the shaft is protruding unweighted.

jaylittle
    Free Member

New tyres, chain and casette on the trigger ready for ard moor enduro in two weeks.

parkesie
    Free Member

Sent mine to mojo was back fixed good as new inside a week.

vt612
    Free Member

Looks like the PF30 bearings had it in my trigger 3

I want to upgrade to praxis works, anyone knows which model I need?

thanks

eddiebaby
    Free Member

zerolight – Member
    Eddie I see you have a rock guard on your Jekyll. Do they make one for the trigger?

I’ve never known of one. Certainly haven’t seen them even on the Team Carbon bikes.

mildred

Maybe just coincidence but since then I’ve had some major creaking coming from somewhere when I apply the rear brakes. Sounds like it’s a pivot though there’s no play…bizarre. It’s very annoying. Anyone had similar?

I had this, it turned out to be the rear hub/frame interface. I took the wheel off, cleaned all the dropouts & hub surfaces, refitted paying attention to the QR axle torque, and it was fine after that – for about 3 months when I had to redo it all.

longmover
    Free Member

Praxis BB

I have one of these installed on my Trigger 4, bearings are easy enough to replace in it when needed.

vt612
    Free Member

thanks longmover, but my bike has a SRAM S1400 chainset with 30mm axle and it appears that Praxis don`t have anything for this.

It looks like my current options are

1. replace bearing with the same. Probably the cheapest option, but I don’t want to have to keep changing them after every 10 rides.
    2. replace bearing with something better, maybe ceramic? This could be quite expensive, and I don’t know if it would last longer
    3. replace chainset to GXP or shimano with a 22 or 24mm axle and use praxis converter. – also quite a costly option plus I just bought a direct mount oval ring that is specific for this chainset so a bit reluctant to change

I’d be interested what other trigger 3 owners did as I’m sure others had BB bearing issues

vt612
    Free Member

In the end I purchased a FSA BB30-BSA adapter. Part number KF368, sold for £59 on qwerty cycles, but I found the same thing for £12 (works out to about £20 with post) from an Italian web shop

https://www.lordgunbicycles.co.uk/fsa-bb30-shell-73-mm-bottom-bracket-adapter

The plan is to use standard GXP crank and BB with this.

zerolight
    Free Member

Gah – Mojo just called. The good news is my DYAD will get repaired or replaced under warranty. The bad news is that they have no DYAD parts in stock (or at least not the ones I need). It’s gonna be 6 weeks or so. 🙁

I’ll have to look longingly at the recently fitted but as yet un-ridden DHF TR and DHR II TR tyres for now.

At least I have my road bike.

zerolight
    Free Member

vt612 is there a wheels mfg threaded BB that fits the trigger? I’ve just put one on my road bike and planned to put one on my Trigger when the current one wears out.

vt612
    Free Member

zerolight

I don’t think there is. The trigger is BB30A which is a 42mm internal diameter 73mm wide BB shell. Wheels mfg only sells reducer cups for this type, but that means you are still using the pressfit bearings which I want to avoid.

Praxis have some but the distributor is out of stock for 4+ weeks

http://www.upgradebikes.co.uk/catalogue/department.aspx?node_id=ed54ea8c-d42d-4945-8b89-a35400e83357

RustyNissanPrairie

^ I fitted one of those FSA BB30->BSA adaptors to my Jekyll.
    Left it in the freezer overnight – warmed the frame and it pulled in nicely. Been fine since.

that hateful grey plastic S1400 preload collar was the last straw for me.

vt612
    Free Member

Rusty, great to hear, can I ask some questions?

Did you use any loctite on it? Or is it too tight fit and the loctite would just come out on the other side anyway.

I presume you still had to use a headset press of some sorts?

zerolight
    Free Member

Selling my Trigger Carbon 2 as I’ve just ordered a Hightower. What do you think, should I break it down and sell as parts or as a complete bike?

It’s upgraded with DT Swiss EX471 wheels with Hope and Cannondale hubs, XT 1×11 with sunrace cassette, and Hope E4s on Renthal carbon bars (though I will probably keep the bars and brakes and fit the Guide Rs from the Hightower to it. Also running new and not yet ridden DHF and DHRII tyres. The fork was serviced last year with the 2spring upgrade and the rear shock was replaced yesterday under warranty.

RustyNissanPrairie

vt612 – Member
    Rusty, great to hear, can I ask some questions?
    Did you use any loctite on it? Or is it too tight fit and the loctite would just come out on the other side anyway.
    I presume you still had to use a headset press of some sorts?

Sorry only just seen your question – I’m guessing you’ve done it by now?
    The sleeve adaptor has a small groove machined around on one side- you dribble the included threadlock into this.
    I made a pretty substantial puller on the lathe at work but a decent headset press would be fine.
    I froze the adaptor overnight and used a heatgun on the frame. Pulled in easier than a headset cup.

derkaiser
    Free Member

I have searched about 5-6 pages, but couldnt find my answer there,
    What is the widest tyres a carbon trigger (27,5) can fit? With 27,5 wheels and reasonable rims, 25-35 mm id.
    The supermax looks like it can handle more than 3″ but the rear?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah the SuperMax easily takes a 3″ and then some. Not sure about the frame though 🙂

simon_g

Just as a PSA: clearly my rear brake hose has been set up too short as it had been doing this to the BB shell:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JKaP8V]IMG_2153.JPG[/url] by kiteless, on Flickr

…enough to wear through the hose until it leaked. Worth a check, it needs quite a bit of slack to clear the suspension on full travel.

And is anyone running a longer (150-160mm) fork on their Trigger? Have ordered the cheap CRC Mattoc Pros and tempted to give them a go at 160mm rather than reduce travel straight away.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Does anyone know if these are the right bearings to replace the ones that come in the fsa bb converter fitted in the trigger 4? I tried googling the code on the bearing seal and this was as close as I could find. Thanks

http://www.wychbearings.co.uk/MR24377-2RS-Enduro.html

walowiz

Shameless plug – I’m after a Trigger, carbon in medium, has to have a lefty ? Anyone on this thread thinking of moving their Cannondale Trigger on ?

my thread is here https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/looking-for-a-cannondale-trigger-lefty/#post-9950742

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Ended up fitting the 73mm fsa sleeve conversion with an XT bottom bracket. Easy to do with a bodged together diy bearing press and works a treat. Relieved to be able to use reliable bottom brackets again

timbob78
    Free Member

looking to sell my large Trigger 4 either complete or as a frame/fork package, let me know if anyone is interested.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.