Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Cogglepin – we need to see it! 🙂

I’m doing the whole ‘it’s only £500 more and you get carbon frame/lefty’ etc..

kevin1911

Anyone know what the suspension configuration is? All the reviews just focus on the shock. Is it single pivot with linkage activation of the shock?

notlocal
    Free Member

Single pivot with linkage actuation and flex built into the seatstays on the carbon models. I think the Alu bikes get an extra pivot at the dropout end of the seatstays.

notlocal
    Free Member
    notlocal
    Free Member

lbs swapped my tyres for WTB Vigilantes, sticky up front tough at the back and set them up tubeless. Mental amount of grip. My bottle goes long before the tyres.

notlocal
    Free Member
    RustyNissanPrairie

still hovering over the buy now button on an XL Jekyll for £1600 to replace my ‘Endo-ised’ Prophet. I think its the shock weirdness and the fact an XL Capra Al is £400 more that is stopping me

withersea
    Free Member

I am just waiting for my new 0% credit card to arrive….hurry up…

deviant
    Free Member

Paul’s cycles are great, I ordered a Saracen Ariel, it arrived with a dented down tube I assume from transit….I photographed it, sent them an email and they collected the bike and sent out a new one no questions asked…great service.

lister

Can anyone find a size chart for the Trigger 27.5? I’m wondering about a small for a 5’5″ woman…

stevie750

The Evans website has a chart with all the Cannondale geometries in it

Harry_the_Spider

If you are buying it from Paul’s I’d give Paul’s a call.

I talked to them about the sizing of mine before I bought it. The 29er is quite short, so I went for a large (I’m 5’11”).

slimjim78
    Free Member

also hovering over both Alu and the carbon trigger models.. I’ve convinced myself that £999 is pocket money for a Fox shod FS, but ‘for just a few hundred more’ I can get hold of a carbon/lefty beauty..

£999 is a bargain though. Init. Cheapest I’ve see elsewhere is £1899 (proudly boasting to be cheapest online price)

Harry_the_Spider

I wouldn’t dither for too long. This thread is basically a 2 page advert for them, they’ll have a finite stock level and they’ve priced them to sell. Quickly.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Deep down I know this to be true.. I will weep a tear of regret but my credit card will dance a merry jig

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah I was really tempted by the Trigger 4 but lack of a dropper put me off, and the Magura brakes put me off the Trigger 3 – I know both would be correctable for cheaper than the Trigger 2 but the cost was getting too close and I know I’d kick myself by not trying a Lefty bike once in my life…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yeah I prefer the spec on the 4 (slx-deore) over the 3, and I happen to have a spare Reverb that’d fit. For me it’s all about whether I’d kick myself for not spending the £800 more for full carbon, Lev and lefty..

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I always fancied a lefty and thought why not for the F29 I bought from Pauls. All I can say is that it is unbelievable with the plushness and tracking. Mines only 90mm, but feels much more than that. It has taken about 1000 miles to bed in, but just gets plusher every ride. A riding mate said it looks weird and it does for a few rides and then you don’t notice the missing leg, but when he rode it, he was totally wowed by it too.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ve owned a couple leftys previously, hence wanting to get back on one. I love their tracking and I think they look cool to boot.

parkesie
    Free Member

Well thanks to this thread my f29 now has a plastic friend coming next week.

convert

Lefties – do you have to remove the calliper to take the front wheel off?

parkesie
    Free Member

Yup 2 bolts off it pop’s and on it pops again not that you need you normaly need ti take it off.

convert

not that you need you normaly need ti take it off.

Apart from every time it goes in the car…..so that’ll be every time I ride.

By 2 bolts do you mean the standard 2 bolts that hold any calliper on (i.e. you would have to centre it every time) or some lefty specific bolt that you just nip up?

rascal
    Free Member

Shit that’s an amazing price.
    Seriously considering it.
    I have a 26″ wheeled 7 year old Commencal Meta – 150 up front 140 at the back so not that much different.
    Not sure how angles compare.

My wheels are better but it’s 9 speed – this is 10.
    My 31.6 Reverb will hopefully fit too.

Would I be mad to just get it OR would I be madder to NOT get it?! HELP!

Jason
    Free Member

By 2 bolts do you mean the standard 2 bolts that hold any calliper on (i.e. you would have to centre it every time) or some lefty specific bolt that you just nip up?

It is two Lefty specific bolts. You loosen them a few turns and then the caliper and mount slides off. When you refit it goes back in exactly the same place as it was before. They use a 5mm allen key like the Lefty hub bolt. So not too difficult, but maybe a consideration if you are taking your front wheel off all the time.

convert

It is two Lefty specific bolts. You loosen them a few turns and then the caliper and mount slides off. When you refit it goes back in exactly the same place as it was before. They use a 5mm allen key like the Lefty hub bolt. So not too difficult, but maybe a consideration if you are taking you front wheel off all the time.

Cheers, always been a bit ‘lefty curious’ and that doesn’t sound too bad.

rascal
    Free Member

Anyone know if this has a Maxle-type rear axle?
    Pics show a QR-type lever bit it’s 12mm…

parkesie
    Free Member

Mine fits in the car both wheels on. 2 Allen bolts loosen a couple of turns and the calliper comes off. Reatatches in the same alignment. It’s still easier than taking the rear wheel off.

grtdkad

Note what Harry-t-Spider says.
    I was after a Cannondale Flash 1 earlier this year, spoke to the staff at Paul’s who confirmed that they had four in stock and typically sell one per week. Went online to order that night and stock showed unavailable. When I rang up to check why the next day they confirmed another bike shop had been on and taken all four. Barstewards.

rascal
    Free Member

Trigger 4 on it’s way 😆
    Thanks OP!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

When I had my C’Dale Flash with Lefty I just loosened one bolt and just slackened off the other and simply rotated the caliber carrier out of the way and nipped up the ‘open position’, so no need to completely removed the caliber. I was always worried about stripping the thread on the axel as i can be a bit heavy nanded when tightening things, but I never did.

hammerite
    Free Member

Whoops just stumbled across the Jekyll on Paul’s website when I was supposed to be looking at a new bike for the OH.

Very tempted by the Jekyll 4, although don’t think I’d need a triple – just can’t justify the extra £ for a Jekyll 3.

So a quick question, I live in the not very gnarly Bedfordshire, but we do go to Austria often and we’re looking at getting an apartment out there. I had my first downhill taster out there this summer (Wagrain bike park). Just wondering if this would be suitable for downhiling. Not wanting to get a full on DH bike as it would be wasted here. I would just be doing blue/easier red runs in Austria for the time being. Would the Jekyll be good for these type of runs?

shifter
    Free Member

Looks good that Jekyll 4. Personally I’d prefer that spec over the 3. Lob the big ring and that’d be fine for most Alps stuff.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I’d stick with a 4. I swopped out my Maguras for Zee’s after cooking the discs and struggling in Spain with them. Rather Shimano than Sram too, but that’s my choice.

scotjohn
    Free Member

Really tempted by a 4 for the missus, but struggling with sizing. She’s 5’7″/168cm, riding a 16″ donkeys old Cannondale hardtail and this’d be her first full suss. She previously rode a Trek Fuel demo bike in 17.5″ and found that ok length wise. Any clues on whether she’d be better on a small or medium Trigger?

hammerite
    Free Member

Great thanks. Very tempted!

hammerite
    Free Member

Seems I’m right on the cusp between sizes. Just over 5’10, should I go medium or large? Paul’s have recommended a medium but thought I’d check here too.

hammerite
    Free Member

Anyone?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

We need pics of these bikes when they arrive.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m just over 5′ 10″ on a good day and love my Trigger 1 in medium. Perfect sizing.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.