Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • swainy90
    Free Member

Well that’s exactly what I was thinking cuz my front wheel is ruined so had to buy a new wheel but they might of been fine if i23 like supposed to be

RustyNissanPrairie

Anyone else struggling with the Schwalbe’s fitted to the Jekyll’s – the front Hans Dampf especially?

Its struggling for grip and is forever letting go/understeering and skitterish on gravel/loose. Was expecting them to be good but I don’t think the ‘Performance’ compound has helped?

Maxxis Minion and HR2 ordered!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from my first ride running Michelin Wild Grip R advanced setup tubeless. Phenomenal tires so much bite and so predictable. Very very pleased. Also set it up 1×11 XT plus 32t Works component oval narrow wide. Really impressed overall. Just need to get hold of some offset bushings and I think it’ll be perfect!

longmover
    Free Member

Really rate using offset bushings on a Trigger, especially if you prefer more gravity orientated riding.

RustyNissanPrairie

Im looking at offsets for my Jekyll – the brass ones though get a bit of bad press for cracking/breaking, have mithered Burgtec about their titanium ones the other day.

longmover
    Free Member

I have brass ones and they are pretty spot on.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Yes offset bushings are the next purchase for me. I’d also heard bad things about the brass ones but guessing those issues have been ironed out now. Also ordered a KS southpaw. Absolutely love the bike though, the 2 mode shock is brilliant it really has 2 distinct characters.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

random repost. Oops

swainy90
    Free Member

Got the trigger 4 which runs a 1.5″ steerer. Would it be possible to run a 1.5 to 1. 1/8 by changing the headset or would this not work? Found a set of fox 34s which I’d like to upgrade to but they are a tapered steerer

parkesie
    Free Member

Reducer headsets can be fitted top and bottom just fine.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve got a new cannondale tapered headset sat here. Was going to fit pikes to my trigger 4 but it’s not the right size for me (medium) so putting it up for sale next week.

pictonroad

Anyone on this thread interested in a shorter stem? I have an unused Easton Havoc 65mm in black. Bought it for my cannondale but never fitted. 1.5″ stem, 31.8 clamp, 65mm, 0 rise.

£25 plus post, email in profile. Thought I’d ask here before eBay.

Cheers

James

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Does anyone have the measurements for the shock bushings for the Dyad on the Trigger 2 Carbon? I want some offset bushings and in the interests of completely pointless bling I’m considering the burgtec titanium ones.

longmover
    Free Member

Got mine from offset bushings, told them the frame and shock and they sized and sent them. So I have no idea what size they are

dave661350

Well, my new Trigger arrived and I built it up…shoved it in the garage and went on Holiday for a fortnight during which my heart had a bit of a glitch and I am now unable to bloody ride for a few months until they stop/start said heart and make it beat properly again. Bugger. 👿
    Plus side is that I have shiny new bike to ride the minute I am able. Clouds and silver linings

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Blimey, get well soon mate. The bike is worth the wait!

binners

Crikey! Get well soon Dave!

I thought I’d just post another piccie as we’ve not had one for a while of mine. This bike is a testament to the PSA threads. Its got the shorter Easton Havoc stem, wider Easton Havon carbon risers, and other than that just my default Maddison Flux/Northshore saddle/grips combination. I’ve got a pair of Nobby Nics sat here ready to go on but as the trails are drying out nicely I thought I’d give the Wolverines a go in the dry. They were ok yesterday, so I’ll keep them on till it starts raining again. So.. tomorrow.

I’m absolutely loving this bike. As all the rides round here consist of brutal climbs, or bonkers downhills with nothing in between, being able to switch from 85 to 140mm is just bloody brilliant! Loving’ it! The thing that stands out as well are the brakes. The 4 pot Magura Storm brakes are stupendously powerful, but have loads of feel as well. All in all this is a ridiculous amount of bike for that kind of money, is way more capable than me, and doesn’t look that shabby either….. 😀

In the sunshine at Peel Tower, on a lovely dry, dusty ride yesterday afternoon

longmover
    Free Member

Love my Trigger as well, in XL it fits even the the most gangly. What has everyone done to their ones?

I have gone 1×10 with Zee rear mech, Saint shifter, Blackspire chainring and bash guard. Changed the cable and outer to give me a bit loop at the back, the stock fit was too short and messing with the shifting. Fitted a Reverb stealth whilst building it. Next on the list will be some Renthal Fatbars with 38mm rise. Chainged the grips already to some Uberbike 150mm long ones.
    Would like to change the wheels when I have the cash, followed by a new fork, maybe a 34 or a Pike.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve gone for a set of Chromag FUBAR Carbon bars, ODI Troy Lee lockons, full XT 1×11 setup, Michelin WildGripr2 tyres set up tubeless and my old superstar saddle which looks tatty and will be getting changed. I’ve ordered some offset bushings and am considering whacking a saint/xt hybrid caliper/lever setup on the front for a bit more stopping power. Really loving the bike, though I’d like more drop on the dropper post so a reverb stealth might find its way on there at some point.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

[/url]20160420_194619 by Ashcroftc83, on Flickr[/img]

simon_g

So far, just stuck on my Reverb Stealth and rode it.

Have a N/W chainring and a Sunrace MS3 cassette ready to go on, want to re-route the stealth hose so it goes all the way up the inside of the downtube (rather than my lazy install coming out by the BB then external from there). Have a shorter 1.5″ Thomson stem waiting to go on and some Nobby Nics too. Just need to find a few spare hours to get in the garage!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

XT 1×11, oval 32tooth Absolute Black. Light Bicycle 30mm inside rims, Hope Tech3 V4, Hope 183mm floating rotors. Hand Dampf 2.35, Easton Haven Carbon bar, ODI silicone grips. WTB Volt Team saddle. Superstar Delta Mags. Longer dropper next…

Yep it’s been a real money saver… 😳 😀

trickyd444
    Free Member

N/W oval 32t 1×10 setup.
    Sunrace 11x42t rear cassette.
    Remote Fox front CTD lever. Rear lever moved to the left.
    Michelin Wild Grip R2 Advanced
    Reverb Stealth 150mm
    Decathlon B’twin Grips @£3.99!!! Actually really good.

Charge spoon saddle waiting to go on but can’t feel any difference between that and the wtb! Offset bushings are on the list. Everything else will be upgraded when it’s worn, bottom bracket first probably! Tried a 50mm stem and didn’t like it. Wolverines going back on soon, good enough for the dry.

swainy90
    Free Member

Got a cannondale trigger 4 and last few rides my bike is like creaking. Trying to eliminate what it might be and noticed today I’ve got a small amount of play when pull them apart. Pretty certain the the plastic cap that screws into the one side should only be finger tight but did as tight as could go by hand and it’s still got a small amount of play. Could this be the bottom bracket is gone or do I need a spacer? I have single narrow wide on the front and haven’t had any issues until recently. What bb can I replace it with because can’t find the one on my bike anywhere. Also what else should I check for creaking

zerolight
    Free Member

Swainy have you checked if it’s the sag indicator on the rear shock. The little black bar slides up and down between a little hoop. On mine in creaked in time to bounding up and down on the shock. Or pedalling. Once I figured out what pressure gave me ideal sag I removed the indicator from the shock entirely. Problem solved.

swainy90
    Free Member

That is something I’ll have to check but surely it shouldn’t do that? Plus I still have an issue with my crank arms. It creaks the most when pedalling up hill

zerolight
    Free Member

This guy had it. Quite common. Removing the sag indicator is the permanent fix IF the squeak is that squeak.

swainy90
    Free Member

Cheers guys. If it is the sag indicator I’m not too fussed but should I have slight play in my cranks? Also if I do replace my bottom bracket how do I get this one out and what type is it so can replace? Cheers

swainy90
    Free Member

Just watched the YouTube video and the noise I have got is not the same. Mine sound like a creaking noise rather than a squeak

swainy90
    Free Member

And if I’m still it’s fine and it occurs when I’m pedalling more so uphill

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Saddle?

swainy90
    Free Member

Nah tried saddle mate still does it when I’m standing up. Think it’s my bb. Does anyone know a decent replacement bb?

crazymac680
    Free Member

I phoned paul cycles today to ask about the i19 rims on the trigger 4.
    Turns out that tredz and evans have the wrong info on their site. It stays i23 but the photo shows i19.
    Pauls checked their old trigger 4 page and they had the correct info.
    Thought it was worth a try.

longmover
    Free Member

The bottom bracket on the trigger 4 is made of cheese, replaced it with a Praxis Works one so I could still use the shimano cranks.

swainy90
    Free Member

Thanks for reply longmover. Do you know what the bb is so I can order a new one and fit it myself. Not 100% it’s where the creak is coming from but my crank arms have movement in them which ain’t good like if I pull them out from the frame so gonna replace. Should there be any spacers in the cranks because I don’t have any. Cheers

swainy90
    Free Member

How do you get this fsa bb out also?

fedormega
    Free Member

Since replacing the bb bearings on my Trigger 4 (about 400 miles) the cranks keep coming loose after a few rides.

Had enough now so my LBS will be fitting a Hope bb shortly. It’s press fit but the centre parts screws together to prevent any play.

Agree with longmover that the bb is in fact made of cheese.

longmover
    Free Member

The bb is BB30, rotor and praxis do bb30 to 24mm conversion ones to fit shimano cranks without having to use those shitty spacers.

Not sure how the rotor one works but with the praxis one you press in one side and then thread in the other.

Praxis Bb

swainy90
    Free Member

Cheers mate. The fsa one only lasted 7 months of riding once a week. Did you fit new bb yourself if so was it easy enough?

longmover
    Free Member

If you have press and bb tool you can do it yourself in about 15 minutes once you have got the old cups out. It’s a straight forward job.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.