Recall notice – Cannondale Cyclocross CAADX Model Year 2013-2016

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Recall notice – Cannondale Cyclocross CAADX Model Year 2013-2016
  • markwsf

Mine was fitted today – definitely a different model fork – straight bladed rather than curved, brake hose routing is better and mostly plain black so all in all the bike looks a bit sleeker now. Happy days!

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

Oh that sounds good. Is was hoping for straight forks 🙂

Post mount brake I presume?

markwsf

Yes, post mount (although I was hoping to find a flat mount with a brand new brake caliper fitted to match).

Premier Icon linusr
    Subscriber

@Markwsf You’ve had it fitted already? Are you UK based? I’ve not heard anything from Evans since they told me it would be mid-October. Does the fork have the same fittings for mudguards? Any chance of posting a photo?

Premier Icon linusr
    Subscriber

I’ve emailed Cannondale

I’d be grateful if Cannondale would give an update about the CAADX recall. When are UK dealers expecting to get replacement forks? I understand that you can’t just make the forks at the drop of a hat, but an indication to customers about the likely date of forks being available to UK dealers would be appreciated.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

Lbs has mine waiting but ive not had time to go get it swapped. I’ll give them a ring tomorrow and get it booked in and report back once it’s done.

Premier Icon lister
    Subscriber

Complete radio silence from my lbs. The bloke who was sorting is never available and never rings back.

Very frustrating.

markwsf

Yes, mine was fitted last week – it has all of the same mounts etc that the previous fork did – see pics below.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hdmwbQ]IMG-1156[/url] by markwsf, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hdiYfR]IMG-1157[/url] by markwsf, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hdkGhn]IMG-1158[/url] by markwsf, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hdiYc9]IMG-1160[/url] by markwsf, on Flickr

Subscriber

Hmm disappointed that it’s not matte as the original / fashionable.

Bit of wet’n’dry and laquer will solve that if it bugs me though.

boblo

My original is gloss with lots of very obvious branding. That replacement looks fine. More importantly, does it alter the ride/handling which is a real plus point of the CAADX?

markwsf

Yeah, it doesn’t quite completely match, but it’s very close – probably more to do with the fact the bike has not been cleaned for a while but the fork is shiny new. Graphics are a lot more subdued than the original, so it doesn’t quite fit in. I guess they wanted to make one model of fork to fit several model years of bikes.

I can’t comment on the handling as I’ve not ridden it since – I’m assuming it’s identical geometry so should be unchanged though.

Premier Icon linusr
    Subscriber

@markwsf Thanks for posting those photos. Really useful to see.

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

Has anyone chanced getting a replacement when their original fork doesn’t have the decals inside the fork blades, and thus is ok?

Quite fancy an all carbon fork…

boblo

Cue lot’s of cutlery based jokes… 😉

Premier Icon linusr
    Subscriber

Some progress. I had this message from Evans today:

Cannondale have confirmed that we will receive at least 2 drops of forks a month and are being supplied in the order in which they were submitted.

We do ask for your patience whilst we work with Cannondale to get this turned around and you back out on your bike as quickly as possible.

Please be advised this is most accurate information we are able to provide you at this time and will provide updates when available. The store will make contact once your allocated fork has been received to make the necessary arrangements.

Thank you for your continued patience on this matter.

Kind regards,

Evans Cycles Product Recall Team

jwt

Mate has an affected bike/fork and is being told January (not Evans BTW) and it doesn’t sound like they are offering fitting?

Subscriber

I asked about just collecting the fork but was told it had to be fitted. If i wanted it for DIY I had to bring the old fork for them to dispose of first.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.