Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Recall notice – Cannondale Cyclocross CAADX Model Year 2013-2016
  • Garry_Lager

Would have thought the recall has to be still active just on commonsense grounds, but don’t know for sure.
    I had 2 done and it was a bit of a shambles tbh. Took best part of 6 months and a lot of calls, resending info etc. The shop (Evans) were great in the end because one bloke just stepped up and sorted it, but it sounded like they were dealing with ropey communication from Cdale.

andy5390

Bluemels worked well on mine, but depending on year model, you may need a bridge for the seat stay mount

stox
    Free Member

Sorry, it’s a 2014 model

andy5390

athen you’ll need a small L shaped bracket, from memory I think the hole points the wrong way for a mud guard mount. I have a pic somewhere, I’ll try and dig it out

stox
    Free Member

Many thanks @andy5390.

Had a feeling it wouldn’t be All that straight-forward !

I should add that I’ve had the front fork replaced as per the recall

andy5390

Like this

boblo
    Free Member

Why don’t you just drill through the mudguard and mount from below (ahem)?

simondbarnes

That is an absolutely bonkers way to fit a mudguard 🤣

Just bolt straight through the guard as boblo said.

whatgoesup

stoc – mine are made by Whyte – chosen because a staff members bike had a set and I thought they looked good. linky
    They are pretty good – matt black so fairly good looking, but be aware there is only one stay for the front gaurd so they do rattle a bit off-road or on bumpy roads.

Best not look at the rear mounting – instead of L brackets etc I’ve got a load of zip ties that do the job – function over form. 😉

stox
    Free Member

Thanks @markwsf. I’ve got a set of bluemels in the garage … just storing up some patience before i attempt fitment 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

This is how you mount the rear mudguard. Drill the mudguard and bolt through from underneath. The orange spacer is there as I’m using 28c tyres and without it, there’s a good ~30mm gap between the guard and tyre which looks a bit shite.

capetonian
    Free Member

I am struggling with communication with a Cannondale and Tredz to get my fork replaced , totally unacceptable. We were also instructed to take to any Cannondale Dealer ,Cycle Solutions refused to help me ?? Sesnsea , please any advice for me

smaryka
    Free Member

I got mine the other day, about 2 months after I called the LBS to try and sort it. Took forever and in the end they wanted me to ride the bike to them to they could do it (ride a bike with a fork recall!) so instead I took my fork off and brought it to them for a swap with the new. They broke the crown race trying to get it off the old fork, but I have one here I can use on the new on. New fork is all carbon and includes a bung which saves having to insert a star-fangled nut.

HOWEVER my bike is blue and red and this new fork is black and the combo looks like cr@p. I haven’t cut or installed it yet in the hopes that Cannondale sent the wrong one but since the guy at the LBS wasn’t super helpful in that regard I’ve been trying to contact Cannondale with no success so far.

Those of you with non-black framesets, did you get a black fork or one to match your frame?

smaryka
    Free Member

I think any Cannondale dealer will do it? My nearest was closed during lockdown, the next nearest was Evans which was so busy they weren’t answering the phone, so I took it to the other LBS independent further away. Regretting it now given my experience, I should have just gone with Evans…

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Recall notice – Cannondale Cyclocross CAADX Model Year 2013-2016’ is closed to new replies.