Home Forums Bike Forum Building up a pump track bike?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Building up a pump track bike?
  • bikerevivesheffield

Spending more time at the pump track with my lad, the long, low, slack Vitus isn’t the tool for the job!

Never been into this sort of riding/dirt jumps etc so know NOTHING

what am I looking for? I’m 6′ 2 as an aside so no idea on frame size ?

sharkattack

I’m 6’2″ and I’ve got a Fit 22″ BMX because I gave into curiosity. It’s so good that I sold my very nice Transition PBJ as I just didn’t want to ride the big wheels anymore.

Mine was £450 brand new around black Friday time last year. They do pop up used and they’re dirt cheap.

PXL_20241011_143554112.MP

bikerevivesheffield

Nice and I’d not look too much of a **** on it

5lab
    Free Member

Size doesn’t really matter, you want the shortest wheelbase you can pedal to the track on.

sharkattack

It looks and feels like a real BMX until you park up next to one and see it’s just a bit bigger in every dimension. It works for me. The problem is I can’t resist planning a really posh version.

tall_martin

I’ve been eyeing up dirt jump and BMX for pedaling round with my wee one on his single speed Isla bike.

At 6’4 what size of bike can I ride? Any old BMX? Any old XXL BMX race bike?

sharkattack

Look out for a Fit Series 22 or a Wethepeople Audio.

Both 22″ BMX’s very popular with old Dad’s and lanky units. Miles faster on a tight pump track than a DJ bike.

There’s 2 Fit’s on marketplace and one of them is full chrome. I’m tempted by it myself.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.