Viewing 40 posts - 8,081 through 8,120 (of 13,637 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • mrchrispy

sovereignty goes both ways, the brexidiots dont seem to get that.
    the wheels are going to come off this cart well before the next election, there is no way they can keep this shit smelling of roses for long enough.

I think Starmer is right to bide his time (if that’s what he’s doing), too much criticism now and the Torys turn around and say its all your fault for not getting behind what people want (crazy I know but this seems to be their only attack line). He need to give them time to really own this shit and for more people to come around to the realities. Covid has turned out to be the perfect cover to brexit, the fog should start to lift soon.

dannyh
    Free Member

the fog should start to lift soon

I hope so, but the masses of brainwashed ****wits out there make me sceptical.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Its not fog they have had their eyes poked out.

dannyh
    Free Member

And then the people that did it told them it was actually foreigners/asylum seekers/scroungers/brown people etc. that did it.

Amazing really.

🤦‍♂️

dudeofdoom

I think the smartest team negotiating didn’t rush to ‘ratify’ their signing of the agreement, have now seen 2 months of the behaviour of the other side.

Nasty eu, it’s alway the eu, in it or out of it they’re the bogeyman.

dudeofdoom

Don’t need eyes to follow the true cult of Brexit thou 🙂

Isn’t it the three Brexit monkies.

Hear no evil of Brexit,
    Say no evil of Brexit,
    See no evil of Brexit.

I don’t think you’ll see a sudden wake up moment,re-joining bits of the eu will eventually be sold as Brexit being done.

Since Brexit means Brexit, everything and nothing is Brexit so it can be anything they want.

p7eaven
    Free Member

the fog should start to lift soon

That’s not how it works. Their bus runs exclusively on blaming foreigners, immigrants and ‘the left™’ (formerly ‘Remainiacs’), also known as ‘The Elite’, or something or some-such.

The blame-game is easily disguised as British Exceptionalism Triumphing At All Costs Even If It Takes Another 100 Years

Where’s your Dunkirk Spirit? The fog is where the action happens. All hands to the smoke machine, or else you know where you can go!

onehundredthidiot

On a positive note no one else will want to leave the EU.

dannyh
    Free Member

That’s not how it works.

Particularly not when ‘fog generation’ is a key political strategy of the perps.

On a positive note no one else will want to leave the EU.

Yeah, odd isn’t it? Some of the more deranged Brexiteers seemed convinced their proto fascist project would spark uprisings of like-minded arsewipes and the EU would break up. Well, guess which bunch of gullible twunts jumped first and now the others seem to have gone mysteriously silent.

🇬🇧🍑💩🤦‍♂️

🇪🇺😂💰🥂

greyspoke
    Free Member

I think the smartest team negotiating didn’t rush to ‘ratify’ their signing of the agreement,

This was not deliberate on their part, it was a result of the lateness of the agreement, and guess who was responsible for that?

intheborders
    Free Member

That’s not how it works. Their bus runs exclusively on blaming foreigners, immigrants and ‘the left™’ (formerly ‘Remainiacs’), also known as ‘The Elite’, or something or some-such.

According to a Twitter exchange I had this morning with a Unionist Leaver, anyone with a mortgage and/or own their home is an Elite – “Mortgages are for you privileged Euro-elites”.

p7eaven
    Free Member

^ ‘Elite’ can mean anything they want it to mean, and can be easily swapped for ‘foreigner/EU/immigrant/Islam-appeaser/ traitor. My Most Brexity Friend Forever (MBFF) has at least three houses and mortgages. I have none and am a ‘traitor’ for not backing their ‘shoot selves in the face’ clown show. I’m sure I’d be the ‘elite’ if I had a nice car.

dannyh
    Free Member

^ ‘Elite’ can mean anything they want it to mean, and can be easily swapped for ‘foreigner/EU/immigrant/Islam-appeaser/ traitor. My Most Brexity Friend Forever (MBFF) has at least three houses and mortgages. I have none and am a ‘traitor’ for not backing their ‘shoot selves in the face’ clown show. I’m sure I’d be the ‘elite’ if I had a nice car.

Sounds like, first and foremost, he is a ****.

With plastic patriot in a close second.

No wonder he is keen on the likes of Farage, Johnson, Rees Mogg etc.

dannyh
    Free Member

This was not deliberate on their part, it was a result of the lateness of the agreement, and guess who was responsible for that?

Indeed. But even so, why would anyone rush to ratify an agreement with an utterly untrustworthy counterpart?

Yet again the rest of the world has just added another post-it note to the file labelled ‘Future Relations with UK’ and the note reads (again) “Do Not Trust”.

How anyone thinks this kind of game playing in order to avoid confronting the lies and contradictions at the heart of Brexit isn’t damaging our standing across the world, is beyond me.

dannyh
    Free Member

‘Elite’ = anyone who dissents on any point, and is thus totally adaptable to any nasty argument. It is just mob politics and that never ends well.

greyspoke
    Free Member

The elites don’t exist, what people are blaming is the system, which is an emergent property of society nobody has control over. Probably the ants in an ant colony think they are in control. </end pompous philosophising>

dannyh
    Free Member

what people are blaming is the system

‘System’, ‘elites’, ‘traitors’, ‘enemies of the people’, ‘gloomsters’, whatever.

It is all just a way of having a constant amorphous mass of ‘otherdom’ to direct the anger (caused by their petty insecurities) that lots of small-minded people have.

It is mob politics based on the (now apparent) entirely realistic assumption that enough people are petty enough, spiteful enough and gullible enough to go for it.

It is the politics of the eternally bitter and passive-aggressive. It is the devil on the shoulder saying “it is only your decency holding you back, go on, just be a bit racist, you’ll feel better and you can always ‘go back’ to being a meek individual afterwards”.

grahamh
    Free Member

I’ve just heard a new word that can be used instead of Brexit.
    ‘Britflounce’

kimbers

Sigh

just got this from FedEx, unfortunately I have no idea how to fill out the customs form and the reagents Ive ordered are shipped on dry ice & will be no good if it thaws

last year it was a simple click & buy deal

Dear customer,

The FedEx Clearance Team is currently preparing the Customs clearance of your import. The goods may need to be held in our warehouse until the UK Customs clearance has been completed. A copy of the supplier’s commercial invoice and other relevant documents to this import are attached for your convenience.

Where possible, please kindly reply to this email today with clearance instructions for this import to ensure that there are no unnecessary delays to your consignment. However, please note that we do require this within five working days at the latest. Should you not respond within this time, then we may be required to return the goods back to the sender and storage charges may apply. If sending an attachment, please use PDF format.

Your clearance instructions should include (but are not limited to) the following as applicable:
    Ø Reason for Import or Customs Procedure Code (CPC) (seven digits):

Ø VAT/EORI number:
    Ø Deferment Account Number (FedEx’s or your own seven digit number):
    Ø Commodity Code (ten digits, if unsure, please use the link below to help):

https://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/how-to/get-hs-code.html

For Inward/Outward Processing Relief and End Use only –
    Ø IPR/OPR/EU Number (IP/nnnn/nnn/nn), (OP/nnnn/nnn/nn), (EU/nnnn/nnn/nn):

Ø Guarantee Account Reference Number (or enter your deferment number if using Deferment Deposit):
    Ø Supervising Customs Office for your IPR/OPR/EU authorisation:

For Returned Goods Relief and OPR only –
    Ø Original export Customs declaration (often termed NES entry or export SAD) number in the format nnn-LnnnnnL-dd/mm/yy:

Ø Please attach a copy of the export Customs declaration, export commercial invoice, and export AWB. However, where FedEx originally exported the goods from the UK, just providing our consignment number for the export will be sufficient as we can obtain the documents and export Customs declaration number internally. If sending an attachment, please use PDF format.

If you have any other clearance information required for this import, or documentation such as VAT exemption or duty relief certificates, licences, or preference certificates other than already attached, please also add these to your response. If sending an attachment, please use PDF format.
    We look forward to your response. Thank you for choosing FedEx Express.

kelvin

Should that not have been done by the sender? Twenty minutes of form filling, plus £30 more courier charge, and 3 days longer to reach the client at the the other end… seems the norm once you’ve done 50 or so… but of course… The PM minister says there are no non-tariff barriers due to Brexit… and Lord Frost (unelected minister for stuffing up trade with Europe) says that our new non-tariff barriers don’t matter, don’t cause delays, and aren’t costly… can they both be wrong while also contradicting each other? [ spoiler, yes they can ]

dannyh
    Free Member

The PM minister says there are no non-tariff barriers due to Brexit… and Lord Frost (unelected minister for stuffing up trade with Europe) says that our new non-tariff barriers don’t matter, don’t cause delays, and aren’t costly… can they both be wrong while also contradicting each other? [ spoiler, yes they can ]

Well, let’s face it, they used a non-issue to con people in order to get into power and enrich their mates.

Expecting them to know what the **** they are doing is optimistic to say the least.

All lies, all the time.

kilo

@Kimbers

Been a while since I did this.

import code presume it’s a straight import, so should be lookable up. If you’re importing the goods and not planning to re export the rest of the message doesn’t seem to apply:

commodity code is the code which details the item https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/sections. If the supplier ships around the world they may already know the commodity code and could tell you it.

Ipr and opr are for if the goods have a relief from duty – IPR you import something, the duty is held in abeyance you carry out a process on it and then you export it again removing the duty liability. OPR – outward processing relief – you have exported goods for a function to be carried out on them so the duty liability is removed or reduced as they were UK goods to start off with. Any duty due depends on how much they have changed through processing.

Both these used to require you to be pre-authorised to carry out this duty deferment by HMRC and you would have a authority number indicating this.

End use is similar and again iirc needs to be pre-authorised.

RGR is when goods have been exported but are being returned such as warranty claim being sent back.

IANA customs agent!

Dickyboy

Was chatting to a Polish guy on site today, his take on it was that Brexit was bloody stupid but it didn’t really affect him as he’d been here long enough to have both a Polish & UK passport.

mariner
    Free Member

Census form filling to say you are European – if you want to be.
    Sort of the new Jedi.

kelvin

…it didn’t really affect him as he’d been here long enough to have both a Polish & UK passport.

Windrush anyone? Having a UK passport and living here most/all of your life won’t save you if at some point the government gets the Home Office treating you as an undesirable foreigner to appeal to their base. If he can afford it, he should seriously consider getting full citizenship.

kimbers

Thanks @kilo!!

Edukator
    Free Member

Latest trade figures say that the UK needed the EU 2-3 times as much as the EU needed the UK. Maybe just a blip that follows stock piling and teething troubles but I supect not. And that’s before measures are fully implemented. Some of the numbers raise questions; just what was the UK exporting to Italy that the Italians now only need 30% of, and the Germans only half of?

Poopscoop

Without directly discussing the other matter directly, I can’t help but think Britain’s “outward looking” ambitions and reputation as a place you might want to come to and put down roots has taken another knock today?..

dannyh
    Free Member

Without directly discussing the other matter directly, I can’t help but think Britain’s “outward looking” ambitions and reputation as a place you might want to come to and put down roots has taken another knock today?..

That’s just how the gammons want it.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

On answer to Edukators question around what are the Italian and German Markets not buying from us is probably just market adjustment i.e. sourced from elsewhere, sell less of it and raise the price (supply and demand) internalised markets (the EU in a nutshell)

I doubt we provide much that is unique, most stuff is a commodity.

I think some brexity folks are a little taken back by all this “news”

Still post June the UK internalised market will grow quickly as stored cash/energy is expended and this will be held up as a great Victory supported by Rishi furlough/super recovery tax offset, R and D tax credits, beer sales and staycations. This is often referred to as “burning not earning” or more simply hammering your overdraft.

somafunk

That’s just how the gammons want it.

^ exactly that ^

The easiest way to build what you want (out of society) is to begin by destroying everything around you then you have carte blanche to do whatever you wish.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

I am now if the opinion that Rishi is as dumb as a post, there is no new deal and a rapid return to form for the Tories – NHS payrise, giving money to Tory constitutes, the North South divide starts around Leeds to keep the red wall folks onside.

Impressive really. One if the fastest historical “go **** yourselves” i have seen.

I think they really missed an opportunity, not that they want opportunity for the great unwashed.

kelvin

the North South divide starts around Leeds to keep the red wall folks onside

Richmond will be looked after.

dissonance

I am now if the opinion that Rishi is as dumb as a post

He needs to keep stuff in play long enough so he can go for PM. Then he can leave the fallout to the next PM. All of his kind decisions do seem orientated that way with the pain deferred for a while.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

We get Rishi propaganda through the door (i live in Richmond North Yorkshire) the flyers make no reference to the Conservative party or use any Tory logos it all about Rishi.

intheborders
    Free Member

We get Rishi propaganda through the door (i live in Richmond North Yorkshire) the flyers make no reference to the Conservative party or use any Tory logos it all about Rishi.

And all our Tory flyers just go on about independence, mostly saying that the only way to stop another referendum is to vote Tory. Never have, never will.

dudeofdoom

Ah well the shiny new Turing scheme (by schemers/scammers)
    Seems to be going down well.

Officially announced today, the new scheme includes a fraction of the benefits provided to students under Erasmus+ as free tuition and travel expenses have been scrapped and the cost of living allowance has been slashed by a fifth.

Good to see ‘like for like’ replacement and no penny pinching 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Good to see ‘like for like’ replacement and no penny pinching

Playing to the mob again – sticking it to those uppity intellectuals – why don’t they get a real job? Etc.

Counterproductive and damaging, but it keeps the ‘university of life, school of hard knocks’ brigade happy.

Del

Another excellent piece from Chris Grey one his brexit blog with a summary:

TL;DR

So two months in things aren’t looking at all good. The government is reduced to planting disingenuous stories in the press about the success of Brexit, its ministers and backbenchers don’t understand or don’t accept the Brexit deals they voted for, and it now again proposes to break international law by flouting part of what it agreed to. Relations with the EU are more fraught than ever. The Northern Ireland peace process is under strain. The Ultras are proposing a trade war with the EU, whilst trade with the EU is in chaos with SMEs especially suffering, billions of pounds of assets have fled the UK, the Brexiters’ iconic fishing industry is close to collapse, and many of the new restrictions on trade haven’t even been implemented yet. We’re not even at the end of the beginning, and, no, vaccines don’t give Brexiters a get out of jail free card.

Del

His piece also contained this, rather chilling, nugget:

This week the ‘Loyalist Communities Council’ which represents Loyalist paramilitary organizations – the UVF, UDA and Red Hand Commando – wrote to Boris Johnson withdrawing their support for the Good Friday/ Belfast Agreement. The text of the letter makes it clear that the reason is the NIP

😬

Chris Grey brexit blog

Viewing 40 posts - 8,081 through 8,120 (of 13,637 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.