Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)
  • Brewery ride – ramsbottom
  • lowey

No, not driving. Worst case scenario is we cycle over, ride, drink, wobble home. Best case is get a lift there, ride, drink wobble home.

Babysitter booked!

At very least Me and Toss will be in attendance. Just trying to twist Wors’ arm but he’s a big bastard.

goatster
    Free Member

Think the plan was to head off through Nuttall Park, Greenmount to start…

GRAEMEJONES

I’ll be there, is the parking still free on the Railway Station car park ?

wors

reet, im in. Steps of doom will be renamed steps of boom after i’ve been down em!!

sefton
    Free Member

I’ll inform the emergency services!

binners

If we’re heading through Nutall Park then we could well be starting with the Steps of DOOM. That leaves time for a quick trip to Bury A&E to get your face stitched up – the queues shouldn’t be too bad at that time on a Sunday – then back in time to meet everyone else in the pub 🙂

Graeme – you should be able to park right next to the Brewery

Bregante

binners – Member
    Are we planning to ride up the Rake to start? If so, I’ll meet you at the Shoulder. I’m not coasting down the bloody evil thing, to turn round and ride back up it again! I HATE that climb! Its the work of Satan!

I didn’t think it was that bad 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Steps of DOOOOOOOM.

Last outing saw only two attempts … and two failures!

1.Plumber

2. Yours truly

slippy little beggars!
    Who’s next?

binners

You coming out to play then Russ? Seeing as the rake was such a breeze last time, I feel sure you’ll be itching to have a go at the Steps of DOOOOOOOOOOM 😉

toss
    Free Member

Looking forward to this one but not the steps. I don’t like steps. Orrible things…… So, I’ll be shamelessly pusshing down these – alongside Lowey 😳

binners

I don’t normally mind steps. But then my approach* tends to be point it down the middle, close my eyes, and stay off the brakes.

And that’s just going to end horribly! In hospital. Probably! It won’t be the first time 😳

* I won’t embarrass myself by using the word ‘technique’

GRAEMEJONES

Right oh Binners, I’ll try there first, not as far to carry the baked goodies after the ride then 😉

Bunnyhop

Did someone mention baked goodies?

Will there be women?

Bregante

You coming out to play then Russ?

Indeed. Start the new Job next week. More weekends off from now on! (don’t mind steps but narrowness combined with steepness messes with my mind 😳 )

binners

Does that mean there will be Lancashire bhaji’s Graeme? 🙂

You coming along Bunnyhop? Bring a touch of civility to proceedings?

GRAEMEJONES

Binners, the Lancashire Bhaji’s have evolved slightly,now they come with chili’s and peppers in , think “Mexican” style 😛 , and some extra chocolatey type thing for Bunnyhop and others with a sweet tooth or two 😉

Bunnyhop

You coming along Bunnyhop? Bring a touch of civility to proceedings?

Hopefully – Happy New year Binners and Bagpuss.
    We’ve both had colds, so need to get some riding in before attempting a group ride. A fruit based drink for me please (no alcohol though as I don’t drink).

lowey

You coming along Bunnyhop

Tandem ???

Hope so, be nice to see you and Jules again!

binners

Cheers Bunnyhop! And the same to you and NBT. It’d be great to have you along. Bagpuss isn’t riding, but she’s going to come and meet us afterwards.

There’s not many can resist the lure of Graeme’s Lancashire Bhaji’s. And I can’t wait to taste the new Mexican ones. Might have to do a bit of baking myself. Or enlist the girls to do it for me.. They’re good!

Bunnyhop

Is it tandem friendly? I know some of the route really well, other bits no sure about.

justme
    Free Member

Not really Jane thre are bits that are very tight on the optional bits that you may not fancy but I’m fairly sure Jules will want a bash at G

binners

Steps of DOOOOOOOOOOOM on a tandem? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Its an interesting approach. You’ll breeze ’em on the Turner Jane 😉

justme
    Free Member

To those obsessed with steps we are not going down them but we will pass by so those who wish to can push up and ride down tho the point of doing is lost on me – we have slippier and poss steeper bits available towards the end for those who wish to go that way (not compulsory) but not quite as steep as the bit tony took lowey down in the past which can only be described as fookin steep – its thankfully not really ridable at the mo G

Bunnyhop

Mmmm if we take the tandem I’m sure Lowey will love being stoker down the steps of doom. He screamed like a banshee around a short section of Delamere forest when Jules took him for a spin 🙂

lowey

screamed like a banshee

😳 Guilty as charged 😆

lowey

Are we sure the Brewery is actually open on a Sunday ?

binners

Yip! Tis indeed sir. Pint of Mad Dogs?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

The brewery is open thursday to sunday inclusive but no riff raff or hawkers. Its about 100yeards from my house if anybody needs changing / getting warm facilities .

lowey

Exxxxxxxxcellent.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Well, I’m going under the knife on the 26th, so I’ll have to give it a miss.

I can never make these rides. S’not fair.

ton

where is the nearest train station to the brewery.
    anyone know

lowey

A local will correct me but I think Bury will be your nearest station.

Cant you get the misses to pick you up ?

binners

Bury is just a metro stop now. No trains. I reckon the nearest is Bromley Cross. You could always get to Bolton and join the Lord Lowe Bolton posse on their jaunt over

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

there is a steam train from bury to rammy , stops about 100 yards from the brewery but i think its quite dear .otherwise if you could get to bury I could pick you up there

justme
    Free Member

you riding again ton?
    May be able to do something to get you from tod would have to be nice to raine to get you back tho G

lipseal
    Free Member

Can’t make this now as I have party duties. 😐
    Have a good un 8)

Bunnyhop

Silly me – when is the actual ride and what time please?

justme
    Free Member

Just for you Jane 29th jan 0930 at the brewery in rammy xx G

ton

fella’s, i was just thinking about bringing the leccy bike over for a pottle by myself, the joining you for a schooner or 2 after your ride.

i might have a lift sorted.

nbt

we’ll try to make it over, I had problems with my wrists this weekend that the nurse reckons is tendonitis – hope it calms down by the weekend so I can get out

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Brewery ride – ramsbottom’ is closed to new replies.