Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)
  • Brewery ride – ramsbottom
  • justme
    Free Member

At the end of the STW rossy ride there was talk of riding from the Irwell brewery in Rambottom but heading the opposite way to the turbines are people still wanting to do this?
    I have a route in mind – not to long or difficult with potential stings in the tail depending on if people want to take them
    Was thinking of 29 jan or 5th feb
    Thoughts please
    G

Teetosugars
    Free Member

G,

Isn’t the 5th the day after HTN??

Could be up for the 29th..

sefton
    Free Member

I might be up for this (sure a few of the boggies would be up for it again too)

justme
    Free Member

not sure Nick maybe the 12th would be better g

GRAEMEJONES

As long as you don’t make it the 18/19 Feb, count me in. 🙂

binners

I can do the 29th. HTN is indeed on the 4th. And everyone knows that if you’re on here regularly and live in the north west, then HTN is compulsory! Otherwise Harry the spider goes to work on you with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch! 😯

Or does he come round dressed only in a thong and a feather boa, and tickle you to death with a ken Dodd tickling stick?

It one or the other.

Bregante

God I hope it’s the blowtorch!

binners

Bump for the bored IT workers

Who’s up for this then? We could do a route up the rake > pilgrims cross > over Holcombe moor > pickup the Witton Weavers to Darwen > loop over Darwen Moor with some … ahem… “cheeky”* stuff, then a loop back via entwistle, back over Holcombe > finishing with the descent through Buckden woods for a well earned pint in the brewery

Was that what you were thinking justme?

*pending receiving written permission from Lowey to ride on his land

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Pic a date and time and I’ll stick it in my calender

binners

29th Jan? It might have dried out a bit up there by then. Possibly. It was an ickle bit muddy up there on Sunday

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Dried out! Unlikely. Expect to be covered in goo.

binners

I think we can safely bank on it being pretty wet. The route I’m thinking its not too bad. It’ll be a bog-fest over Holcombe Moor and some sludge-swimming on some points over towards Darwen. But other than that we should be ok really. Its surfaced of sorts. Well… we may not sink without trace 😀

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

The general paln was to head through Nuttall park to Summerseat ,round the back of Turton Tower to Cadshaw woods , back along the bridleway ,through the cattery to the strawberry duck , round the res, up Crawthorne Rd , round the bridleway down to the stream and back around moor road to the top of robin hoods, down into irwell vale and along the lines back into rammy .There may be some variations depending on conditions etc

binners

Sounds good to me fella. I defer to your superior navigational knowledge of the area. Are we saying the 29th then?

hp_source

29th would suit me best out of the 2 original dates. 12th also doable.

Cheers

lowey

Pick a date soonest and let me know so I can try and book babysitters. I’m also up for a full on sesh in the brewery followed by a slow pootle home if we can get there with a bit of time to spare. Failing that how about a few in the Hare and Hounds ?

G, Sorry I didnt call you back over xmas… had a bit of an emergency with the kids.

goatster
    Free Member

Binners: Darwin may just be getting to far away if there’s a big group. There’s some stuff around Holcombe and we can split the group at Buckden if we want and meet at the bottom.
    Lowey: could use my settee if a skinfull ensues:) T

sefton
    Free Member

the MOD singletrack is some of the best around

lowey

Cheers Goatster, but we will in all probability get a lift over to the start point with, do the ride, have a skinful the meander home. Its not far back to Bolton! Can we aim to be back at the pub for about 2ish ?

lipseal
    Free Member

I might be free that weekend but I’m not doin the steps of DOOM! 😯

sefton
    Free Member

I might be free that weekend but I’m not doin the steps of DOOM!

chicken 😆

wors

i’ll be up for this feb would be better for me.

ton

bastids……………..i hope it rains on you all 😉

binners

Isn’t it compulsory to have to have a video, posted on here, of someone failing catastrophicly to clean the steps of DOOM. With pictures of the resulting carnage.

Lowey – there’s a spare room here if you get too… Ahem… Wobbly. If we’re feeling up for it we could do the brewery > the Major > the Fusilier > the H & H? Just a thought! actually that’s pretty dangerous! There’s a bike shop across the road and I’ll just have been paid. That’s never going to end well! 😳

plumber
    Free Member

StePs of doom are compulsory unless you are gay

That’ll get me banned

wors

Lowey – there’s a spare room here if you get too… Ahem…wobbly

There’ll be another 2 besides lowey 😉

toss
    Free Member

I’ll be joining you – along with Lowey….. BUT whats all this “Steps of Doom” sh*t! Wooooahhhh…. steps….. Pic?

lowey

With 10 pints down you you’ll fly down em! (face first)

binners

The ever-so-slightly-slippy steps of DOOOOOOOOOM

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcbOJUCUyHU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

and what they did to Plumbers front wheel first time out

What you can’t see from the vid is that there’s no run-out at the bottom, just a narrow bridge over the river, at a weird angle. Its very off-putting as you can’t carry any speed or you’ll be going over the fence, then face-first into the water from a fair height!

sefton
    Free Member

its all got a nice coating of green slime and the bridge have old iron railings to knock your teeth out!

lowey

Did the steps do that to his pants too ?

For the record, the only steps I’ll be attempting are the ones into the pub. I have a big problem with steps from past painful experience.

goatster
    Free Member

Steps of Doom, aka Jacobs Ladder down into Nuttall Park. They aren’t really on route – a short detour would solve that – but don’t worry I have some very steep muddy, techy singletrack to entertain the David Bailey’s amongst us. lowey you have had a taster in the summer, its wet now!!

Goatster aka Justme’s handsome brother Tony.

goatster
    Free Member

BTW SoD are really green and slimey and very muddy above them at the mo 🙂

lowey

BTW SoD are really green and slimey and very muddy above them at the mo

Alreet T!

globalti
    Free Member

I used to live in Garden Street in the brick houses in Summerseat. Batchelor bliss it was; I did some of my best ever Egyptian PT in that cottage.

*wanders off with a faraway look in eyes and lump in trousers*

29th is good for me.

justme
    Free Member

29th it is 0930 at the brewery for a 100 start (at the latest
    G

binners

Are we planning to ride up the Rake to start? If so, I’ll meet you at the Shoulder. I’m not coasting down the bloody evil thing, to turn round and ride back up it again! I HATE that climb! Its the work of Satan! 👿

lowey

Is there parking ? postcode ?

binners

Par Cark right next to it Lowey. Postcode is BL0 9YQ. Not driving are you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Brewery ride – ramsbottom’ is closed to new replies.