Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 176 total)
  • Brewery ride – ramsbottom
  • ton

graham, mart or lowey………what map is this on?
    i reckon i could follow the route by using lanes, probably doing the same kind of distance.

binners

Ton – its a pain for OS maps. You’re right slap bang on where two overlap. I’ve got them both. You’re more than welcome to borrow them Sunday. There are plenty of quiet back roads to pootle down

ton

please mate.
    see you then……… 8)

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

same as binners said Ton , you’d end up with two maps .I’m sure we can sort a route out on the morning

lowey

We can all have a nice Ice Cream at Turton… Mrs. Dowson also provides other services too….

P2040026 by lowey.com, on Flickr

sefton
    Free Member

poor mrs dowson 😐

lowey

Right we’ll aim to be at Turton Tower for 11ish.

See you all then.

Ton, see you at the brewery.

Bunnyhop

Mr potatohead – are the woods you’re talking about the one’s we rode last time on Graham’s ride?(Lee Quarry). If so I’m sticking with you and mr starship, as they’ll be slippery as a slippery thing.

nbt

I’m reserving the right to pull a hora if the weather looks iffy, my wrist hurts, the wind is blowing the wrong way or I just can’t be bothered

lesa
    Free Member

I would have come along to this, but I only came out of hospital on Wednesday evening after an emergency operation and a weeks holiday in Wigan hospital. So no bike rides for about 6 or 7 weeks 😥

Clover

Can we come please? As its HtN next week I am ‘practising’ on the ‘cross bike (training is too strong a word). Can also practise carrying it if the going gets too rough….

lowey

Sefton… sorry mate.. missed your post.. meet up at Turton if you like.. email in profile..

sefton
    Free Member

not sure what to do yet??? need to get some miles in and wont if I meet at turton tower (live 2 seconds from it)

I might tackle it on the cross bike as I’ve only been on it 3 time so far.

I think most of it would be ok on the cx bike?

lowey

Yeah.. piss it on a cx (and rinse the rest of us), only probs you would have would be if you went with Tony through Redisher woods or with G through Buckden Woods.. they would be a bit tasty on a cx. Personally I’m taking the path of least resistance and going with Mart (potatoehead) to Robin Hoods Well.

Only benefit of meeting at Turton is if your going on a massive piss session after the ride, which, coincidently, we are :))

sefton
    Free Member

only prob I can think of is the gearing (trying to ride up the rake)…I can only just make it on the granny on my mtb 😯

going to ride to rammy then back home…see you at the brewery!

Bunnyhop

lesa – get well soon. Just keep thinking of the bike.

binners

Rammy conditions report – perfect! It’s frozen overnight so that might firm things up a bit. Let’s hope we wake up to the same weather tomorrow.

Sefton – we’re not riding up the rake. Thankfully! Buckden woods on a CX bike? EEK!!! 😯

GRAEMEJONES

Binners, any snow about?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Weather forecast for the area is excellent! Bit cold but clear and sunny.

Mount up, it’s as good as it’s going to get.

GRAEMEJONES

That’ll do then 🙂

Clover

Gorgeous weather and great bit of Mary T this morning on the CX, it’ll be reet. 🙂

Although met dubious looks and ‘you’re brave’ from MTBers coming the other way but despite the ice it was still fine.

Hope to venture over the border if that’s ok with you.

binners

We’ve got a light dusting of snow on the tops G! It’s going to be cold, but hey…. There’s a brewery to warm up in afterwards 🙂

justme
    Free Member

The end bit isn’t quite as cut and dried as it may appear as there are several options being toyed with – the only thing for sure is there will be a steep option and a safer option as usual nothing is certain G

Clover

Not fair, I am struggling not to be ill. I really want to come on a local ride one day…. But I seem to be getting a cold every other week T the moment. Dreamt that Harry the Spider and Terrahawk dope tested me for sudafed at HtN the other night…. Going back to bed so hopefully by then my lungs don’t feel like I am underwater and the only race tactic available is blowing snot at everyone. Hmmm, there’s a thought. 👿

Bunnyhop

Thanks for a great ride today chaps.

Glad I was well layered up for the cold.
    See you all soon (probably at Hit the North).

wors

Belting ride, just got in from the brewery. Pissed 😛

big_n_daft
    Free Member

😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

Great ride. Cheers all. Certainly not a ride for beginners! I’m knackered. I would normally try steps etc. but mrs s is immobile due to a slipped disc at the moment. I need to be not broken to run the house! Mexican Bahjies were awesome. Thanks GJ.

sefton
    Free Member

yeah great ride guys, over 5 hours riding and around 25miles (without any mechanicals)

great fun on the CX bike (arse is a bit battered now though & legs aching all night)!

superb post ride baked goodies too 😉

craig

binners

Great ride yesterday folks. You broke my knee though 🙁 Its a diet of ibuprofen this week, methinks.

The numerous beers in the brewery afterword’s helped though. It was a quiet, sedate and dignified affair. Like a mensa meeting in lots of ways. A game of chess was even involved 😯

And Graeme – The Mexican Bahjies were indeed a joy to behold. And Debs said your chocolate cookies/cakes (?) were quite possibly be the densest substance known to man. In a good way! 😀 Cheers mate!

nbt

I was in bed before 9pm. KNackered. I *swear* that they got the barrels wrong and put Stout on the mild tap, two pints of mild shouldn’t have got me that pissed,

toss
    Free Member

What a beltin day out in great company on great trails – loved the stuff around Holcombe. Capped off in a very fine hostelry and 8 pints of superb ale. Bit of an eight mile wobble home for the Bolton lads! Cheers lads n lasses. T

derek_starship
    Free Member

OOOOF! Crowthorne Rd in the middle ring* has made my butt cheeks a tad worn and tender.

*not by valiant choice – front mech was stuck!

sefton
    Free Member

tell me about it (36/26). cant moan too much as a single speed got up there 😯

my legs felt like wood riding home after the brewery!

8 pints and riding home 😯 how was the pace 😆

any pics at all?

wors

8 pints and riding home how was the pace

pace was fine, it was trying to stay in a straight line that proved difficult!

I’ve got some pictures, will post them later when i get home.

hp_source

Excellent ride – bit rough this morning 😕

lowey

Grand day out!

Pics Here

big_n_daft
    Free Member

cant moan too much as a single speed got up there

32:20 on clown wheels, fortunately they didn’t explode 😉

GRAEMEJONES

It was indeed a Grand Day out, thanks to Mart and Graham and every-one else that kept me pointing in the right direction 😉
    Right then for anyone that wnts to try them, here’s the recipe for the Bhaji’s 😛

230 ish g of cheese ( MEXICANA or MONTERY JACK with Chili’s )

8 ish Spring Onions

50g ish of chopped Walnuts

200g ish of Plain Flour

2 teaspoons ish of Dijon mustard

100g ish of softened Butter.

Preheat oven to 190c 375f or Gas mark 5

Grate the cheese into a bowl, thinly slice the onions, add to the cheese, add the Walnuts, then stir in the flour and Mustard.

Melt the butter and add to the bowl, mix well until blended together.

Get a piece about the size of a large egg, mould into a ball, flatten out to about 1/2 inch thick.

Bake for about 15 mins until golden brown.

Leave to cool on the baking tray for 2 or 3 mins.

scoff away transfer to a wire rack to cool properly.

Enjoy 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

*off to Sains’ to buy those ingredients*

Might have a bottle or two of Pale Ale with them too.

Thanks for unleashing that recipe GJ!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Brewery ride – ramsbottom’ is closed to new replies.