Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 208 total)
  • Brendog the rule breaker ?
  • uselesshippy
    Free Member

I whole heartedly agree pothead. I work delivering to homes and building sites, and a hell of a lot of people are completely ignoring covid restrictions. I regularly have to tell people to step back, only to be called a sheep or a ****. Several of our customers have bragged about how they’ve turned their garages into pubs, and have their mates round at the weekend.
    But you guys carry on slagging off people who aren’t actually breaking any rules, and are just trying to make a living.

snotrag

Seems to be working out just fine for his (large corporate) employer Scott!

3 year contract extension for Brendan:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/brendan-fairclough-signs-for-3-more-years-with-scott.html

Quote Pinkbike “Alongside racing World Cups, Scott says the 33 year old will be producing numerous edits, TV Shows and perhaps even more films in the future”

argee

I hope that new content is nothing but Brendan in full biohazard gear in his basement doing zwift to get his world cup fitness ;o)

chakaping
    Free Member

Pothead – You have a remarkably sensible and mature persepctive, considering your username.

Couldn’t agree more, and this thread has put me on a bit of a downer about this place. But I suppose tempers are fraying and people getting less tolerant generally.

I don’t think some of us white collar WFH types realise how lucky we’ve had it this last year.

Inbred456
    Free Member

“Not dicking about in the woods” you don’t watch much content do you. I would say about 90% of the footage is just that. It’s what the kids want to watch, it’s the fun bit. Once again it’s not aimed at your demographic. You may not like it, agree with it but that’s not the point. What part of this do you not get?

poah
    Free Member

I hope that new content is nothing but Brendan in full biohazard gear in his basement doing zwift to get his world cup fitness

nothing wrong with Brendan making content.

endomick
    Free Member

Nickc I never thought I’d see Brendog and Ollie compared to Bridgerton 😀, filmed pre covid by the way surprisingly, i think testing on film sets and isolating in bubbles is much better implemented than Brendog n friends, judging by the Tom Cruise rant I think the guidelines are being strictly followed and only the on screen talent is maskless.

Jordan

colleagues refusing a vaccine because ‘I don’t believe it’s safe’ despite spending most weekends ingesting random drugs bought on the dark web etc etc etc.

Strange attitude isn’t it. I had a mate who was just like that. Hated and refused any prescription meds because he didn’t trust the establishment but would take anything he had got from “some bloke” in the pub toilet. He’s dead now.

weeksy

What did he die of ?

I know loads of dead people, but without context, well, we don’t know where you’re going with it 😀

Jordan

@weeksy not really going anywhere it was just a comment regarding a particular attitude that I find difficult to understand. All I’ll say is that prescription meds might have saved him.

nickc

Nickc I never thought I’d see Brendog and Ollie compared to Bridgerton

come for the bike chat, stay for the bolloxs…  🙂

My point wasn’t so much the COVID testing, more the fact that both Bridgerton and some cheap-assed Youtube essentially both exist in “the made-up world of telly” and to demand they reflect one’s petty outrages (I have to wear a mask, so should they etc, etc) is both daft in a world where telly dramas are still being made that don’t reflect those things, and vindictive when aimed at fellow mountain bikers who’re trying their best under difficult circumstances.

It’s just seems so pointless and small minded.

mehr
    Free Member

The Pinkbike comments on this one seem to be agreeing he’s taking the piss. Irrespective of lockdown rules theres zero distancing or masks like us mere mortals have to deal with, Warner and Peat certainly aren’t elite athletes either

One thing I have noticed is all the French riders instagrams output is full on training, whereas the UK one is lads bantz. Barring a fluke like the last WC DH, i doubt a UK rider will be near the top 3 at the end of the season (but thats another argument)

argee

Damn those brits, having fun instead of training and eating salad ;o)

d42dom

Brendan attempts to jump his house now all UK DH riders are unprofessional and only win by ‘flukes’ interesting. I can see why you think that’s a whole other argument…

argee

Yeah, i’m pretty sure the likes of Matt Walker are taking it seriously just now, but reality is that Brendan Fairclough is now 33, he’s never really been more than middle pegging on UCI World Cups, but he knows what he does well and how he can keep that in the profession and job he enjoys, and i’d rather watch him jumping a house, or effortlessly nailing a trials style course with his mates, as it’s more in line with the stuff you’d do with your mates, well if you substitute the house with maybe a slightly large double or the likes ;o)

Poopscoop

chakaping

Couldn’t agree more, and this thread has put me on a bit of a downer about this place. But I suppose tempers are fraying and people getting less tolerant generally.

I agree, hence I’ve only skimmed it after the first page. I can see both sides of the argument here but in the middle of it is a lot if grey.

The forum is reflecting the real world in some of the threads. Tempers and emotions are high and it’s inevitable it will appear on here. It might even be therapeutic that it does, for some?

I’m gradually starting to stray into the more traditional “does this fit on that/ which tyres for the SDW?” type threads as my mind moves into a Spring mode.

There is a lovely familiarity about pure bike orientated threads.

Now, do I really *need* a gold chain to go with that gold cassette ive just bought?😁

jamesfts
    Free Member

Ok, own up. Which colossal throbber called the COVID police on Fat Creations?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Perhaps their own behaviour? Were they not colossal throbbers running a business and not following the rules, and then posting it all over the internet….

weeksy

Which colossal throbber called the COVID police on Fat Creations?

Shall we guess what you’re on about ?

oikeith

One thing I have noticed is all the French riders instagrams output is full on training, whereas the UK one is lads bantz. Barring a fluke like the last WC DH, i doubt a UK rider will be near the top 3 at the end of the season (but thats another argument)

Honestly, this entire thread is a joke but this comment is the icing on the cake! From edited social media posts you have come to the conclusion that they aren’t doing any training, are you thick?

poah
    Free Member

The bigger throbbers are those that think rule breaking is acceptable.

If they didn’t do anything wrong then they have nothing to worry about do they 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

Posting the incriminating evidence yourself on the internet does seem a bit of an elementary mistake.

🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️

thegeneralist
    Free Member

The bigger throbbers are those that think rule breaking is acceptable.

Er no. Once more, for the hard of understanding:

The biggest throbbers are the people who voted in the current government in the sure and certain knowledge of what a vile, incompetent, self serving bunch of morons they were.

weeksy

The biggest throbbers are the people who voted in the current government in the sure and certain knowledge of what a vile, incompetent, self serving bunch of morons they were.

Give it a rest hey… you’re not going to change the world, change the government or change who people vote for. You’re just coming over as bitter, angry and downright sodding pointless now.

bigyim
    Free Member

How do you know someone’s called the covid police on fat creations???

dannyh
    Free Member

I can’t see much mileage in TV Detective series any more….

“My suspicions were first aroused by the suspect posting the entire incident online and stating ‘hit me up with a like if you think this is awesumz'”

🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️

teenrat

Er no. Once more, for the hard of understanding:

The biggest throbbers are the people who voted in the current government in the sure and certain knowledge of what a vile, incompetent, self serving bunch of morons they were

Is this how you approach life, by removing all responsibility for your actions through blaming the government and the people who voted for them

Sorry officer, its not my fault i was speeding, its the governments (and the voters) fault for introducing speed limits

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It’s possible to dislike the governments handling of covid AND stick to the rules.

nickjb
    Free Member

Sorry officer, i wasn’t speeding because its the governments fault for introducing speed limits

That would be fair if the speed limit was something like “You must travel at a safe speed (without giving a figure), and you can travel faster if your journey is essential (without a list of what counts as essential) and this speed limit will be changing several times throughout the year”. The rules are an absolute shambles and have been poorly thought out and implemented. They are easy for some to follow, and hard for others, depending on your circumstances. It is exactly why we regularly have threads like this. Of course there is a degree of personal responsibility but it starts at the top.

dannybgoode

@nickjb – I wish people would stop bringing rational, logical debate to what is an internet mauling… 😀

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Give it a rest hey… you’re not going to change the world, change the government or change who people vote for. You’re just coming over as bitter,

Yep, I am indeed

angry

Agreed

and downright sodding pointless now.

Probably also true 😄

However my point still stands. It’s amazing how the government manage to manipulate the proles to argue amongst themselves, and blame each other; thus allowing them to continue to run the country for their own self interest because nobody is holding them to account.

Is this how you approach life, by removing all responsibility for your actions through blaming the government and the people who voted for them

It’s just surreal that you are trying to blame this cluster **** on the people. The government make the choices and set the rules. They own this…

teenrat

It’s just surreal that you are trying to blame this cluster **** on the people.

Im not, but is it the governments fault that i see big groups of mountain bikers out at the moment whereas i am riding alone? We are all subject to the same rules, irrespective of how badly they have been implemented. Or are you saying the rule of ‘you can only exercise with one other person’ is too ambiguous and difficult to understand due to the governments handling?

chakaping
    Free Member

Agreed, it’s not blatant rule-ignorers vs. Tory politicians (and voters) to blame.

It’s both groups of selfish pricks.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Anyway, enough of this, whats Meghan Markle been doing this week?

weeksy

However my point still stands. It’s amazing how the government manage to manipulate the proles to argue amongst themselves, and blame each other; thus allowing them to continue to run the country for their own self interest because nobody is holding them to account.

And what exactly does that have to do with Brendan Fairclough going to a shop and painting his frame ?

My point is, we get it, you’ve told us, you’ve told us again and again and again, but what are you going to get from ramming it down the forums throats day in day out, post in post out, time and time again ? I’m not arguing your point, but the way in which you’re doing it has now become completely and utterly pointless fella.

Keep the politics to politics, keep the other stuff to other threads. The world can continue with both 🙂

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Im not, but is it the governments fault that i see big groups of mountain bikers out at the moment whereas i am riding alone? We are all subject to the same rules, irrespective of how badly they have been implemented. Or are you saying the rule of ‘you can only exercise with one other person’ is too ambiguous and difficult to understand due to the governments handling?

No. I’m saying that in the grand scheme of things I couldn’t give a shit about groups of mountain bikers meeting outside. It’s just a very visible thing for people to blame, but with little impact on death rates.

I DO give a shit about:
    Handing T&T to Dido immediately after she **** up the previous important task she was trusted with.
    The fact that the NHS has been run down for years and so our country doesn’t have the basic infra that other countries are using to keep their population more alive.
    The fact that Hancock’s pub landlord can illegally be given contracts to do X,y,z just because they are buddies.
    The fact that Cummings got unbelievable support from the government after he **** up. Instead of getting censured he got a live broadcast spot in the Rose Garden FFS.
    The fact that Boris sent schools back for one day in January.
    Etc etc

These are a things done by the people whose job it is to protect us. And they have all contributed significantly to the stupidly high UK death rate.
    But because they aren’t as visible as a bunch of mountain bikers out riding in a group, nobody really thinks about them. Just blames the easy option.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/GGko6uK-Fik&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

what do people think to this then? did he need to travel to wales, drive a high-performance yet fairly basic vehicle on damp roads, breaking traction. Walk round a factory with and without a mask on etc?

It’s one of his main sources of income (I’d imagine), it’s interesting etc. ultimately, more people die in car crashes than they do bike crashes, so arguably its fairly high risk too, and being on public roads, putting plenty of other people at needless risk.

no comments on his channel from people saying he should stay at home.

convert

what do people think to this then?

Your link doesn’t work but I know what video you are talking about. It’s funny how we all view things differently – when I watched it a few days ago I actually thought at the time how much Brendog could learn from watching it!

A video done in lockdown that didn’t look too much like it was lockdown. Mostly self filmed solo. The bits with someone else in setup with significant distance between them. Not unmasked and up close and personal with someone with very significant health issues.

There is the travelling issue but I didn’t have a problem with that in the BD video either – it’s their job. My issue was that it was filmed without any real concession or planning for CV-19.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The rules are an absolute shambles and have been poorly thought out and implemented. They are easy for some to follow, and hard for others, depending on your circumstances

Really?

Face coverings must be worn by retail, leisure and hospitality staff working in any indoor area that is open to the public and where they’re likely to come into contact with a member of the public

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#when-to-wear-a-face-covering

Which circumstances make that difficult to follow?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘Brendog the rule breaker ?’ is closed to new replies.