Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 208 total)
  • Brendog the rule breaker ?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

His latest video he’s going to fat creations to paint his bike.
    Not sure how this can be considered anything but breaking the rules or is there some loophole I’ve missed where you tubers don’t count

Houns

They class it as essential as it’s their work 😏

mos

Professional mountain biker in being bell end shocker!

nickjb
    Free Member

Professional mountain biker in being bell end doing their job shocker!

Andy-R

I actually enjoyed that, I’ve always wished for decent spray facilities.

robowns
    Free Member

Creating content for YouTube is his job. You guys really need a hobby.

sharkattack

I’m bored to death of these threads.

Why don’t you just contact him and his employer directly and leave everyone else out of it.

bigyim
    Free Member

His job is being a mountain biker. Not a bike painter

singlespeedstu

His job is promoting his sponsors.
    Making MTB related videos is part of that.
    Not that difficult to understand.

danmac
    Free Member

So i guess valentines day didn’t go how some had hoped… 😂😂

garage-dweller

He’s employed/sponsored/paid to promote the brand. That goes way beyond just the riding.

That’s press, PR, interviews, product placement, online content, riding and filming, and probably a bunch of stuff I’ve not thought of.

There’s all sorts of additional specific carve outs on elite athletes but there’s also the going to work element that applies to all of us.

greeny30
    Free Member

Work/job = dicking about with your mates.
    Green with envy 🙂

bruneep

His job is being a mountain biker.

A mountain biker? So what do you think is and isn’t part of his job, You seem to have inside knowledge of what this is.

I’m guessing his contract won’t just limit him to throwing a leg over a bike and pedalling. If you think it is limited to pointing a bike down a slope you are very much mistaken.

garage-dweller

Work/job = dicking about with your mates.
    Green with envy 🙂

Your job not like that then?
    Mine neither 😕

ads678

His latest video he’s going to fat creations to paint his bike.
    Not sure how this can be considered anything but breaking the rules or is there some loophole I’ve missed where you tubers don’t count

😴

tomhoward

Having seen some of the clips on Instagram, it looks like he (and Olly Wilkins) were wearing pretty heavy duty masks.

I’m also convinced Ali wouldn’t let them in if there was an increased risk, what with his pretty severe medical issues.

But let’s not let that get in the way of a whinge, eh?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

The **** Ng ironometer is going off the scale at present. OP posting the video on here, we all watch it, hit rate goes through the roof. Brendon thinks it’s what the public wants and so does it again.

Nice work OP. How does it feel to be directly responsible for people dying of Covid?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

It’s work. It just happens his job is a lot better than mine 😁

SirHC

Go to any supermarket/diy store of a weekend, its like normal, except a plethora of people with badly fitting masks, people shopping as a family, there is the real problem.

Northwind

SirHC

Go to any supermarket/diy store of a weekend, its like normal

The worst thing is it’ll be full of people doing their jobs! The humanity!

bigyim
    Free Member

Silly me. And I thought we were in a global pandemic and lockdown. As you were.

nickjb
    Free Member

Silly me. And I thought we were in a global pandemic and lockdown

At least you’ve learnt something. There is a global pandemic, but not a full lockdown. Large sections of the workforce are expected and encouraged to carry on working. It’s pretty poor leadership from the government but you can’t really criticize people following government policy.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

So did I, (thought we were in a pandemic) but I still spend five days a week driving around delivering things. The world goes on, and people still have bills to pay. I’m pretty sure he can’t get furlough 😁

MoreCashThanDash

There is a global pandemic, but not a full lockdown. Large sections of the workforce are expected and encouraged to carry on working

Pretty much sums it up. If you can’t do your job from home, you go to work, wherever or whatever that work may be.

If you think he’s broken the law and it bothers you that much, report him to the Police.

Otherwise, it’s not really your problem.

BearBack
    Free Member

The sheer volume of air being filtered in and out through those ventilators will be amazing.
    If you can create a booth that enables you to spray 2 part paints without the need to even wear a mask, then to be fair, I’d imagine covid stands little chance.

tabletop2
    Free Member

If you have been able to work from home the past year, continue to do your job as normal and then judge everyone else who’s trying to make a living who cannot then your a ****.

If you’ve sacrificed yourself to the cause and refused a wage because your job can’t be done from home then judge away

2tyred

Oh god please stop these endless prissy sweetie-wife curtain-twitching sanctimonious passive-aggressive judgement threads, they’re **** boring, they’re all exactly the same, they add nothing to any discussion and simply divert attention from the aspects of All This that matter. There really are more important things going on for you to get worked up about mate, this sort of thing is pathetic.

raincloud
    Free Member

If you have been able to work from home the past year, continue to do your job as normal and then judge everyone else who’s trying to make a living who cannot then your a ****.

If you’ve sacrificed yourself to the cause and refused a wage because your job can’t be done from home then judge away

As above.

Being as I’ve been working in manufacturing on site along with about 650 people for the whole of these 3 “lockdowns” I really can’t see why he cant paint a bike frame and film it. As for keeping sponsors happy by doing Youtube I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have to do that as he picked his own and offers them far more value then they offer him.

People who expect Amazon to deliver and Tesco to be full of foodstuffs for them to buy online and be delivered to their homes by an unknown workforce of tens of thousands really need to pay more attention as to how the world actually works. Just imagine the outcry if Waitrose decided that “artisan sourdough bread” cannot be made and delivered to your home because it isn’t a safe environment to be made and they aren’t doing it anymore……

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I watched this vid yesterday and thought it was wrong, not the fact that he went to get his bike sprayed but because they were all not wearing masks

Some of his other vids appear that they are braking the rules in terms of numbers of people meeting for exercise…

captainclunkz
    Free Member

I’ve not been a STW member for very long but what I have learnt in that short amount of time, that there are plenty of pathetic old men on this forum.

kayak23

Nice colour combo.
    That’s going to look dope. 👌

zippykona

Can he come to my shop and buy lots of stuff for one of his videos please.

dudeofdoom

So did I, (thought we were in a pandemic) but I still spend five days a week driving around delivering things. The world goes on, and people still have bills to pay. I’m pretty sure he can’t get furlough 😁

Yep…there’s many facets to this,but he’s doing a job in creating content to keep others amused, I think the issue is that he’s doing a reality show job which people find hard to conceptualise as a job.

TLDR – peeps would be well bored if there was no new content to watch.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve not been a STW member for very long but what I have learnt in that short amount of time, that there are plenty of pathetic old men on this forum.

Or maybe it’s just that younger people appear not to understand that COVID is spread by contact with other people.

I’ve no issues with him sending his bike to be sprayed. The company should have sprayed it when he dropped it off, and all of them should have been wearing masks at all times

Not really setting a good example

ayjaydoubleyou

Some of his other vids appear that they are braking the rules in terms of numbers of people meeting for exercise…

Did you watch the rugby at the weekend? They helpfully wear numbered shirts so you can more easily count them. How many people in a scrum?

dannyh
    Free Member

But let’s not let that get in the way of a whinge, eh?

To be honest I don’t think anyone on STW ever has, so no point in starting now.

agis2012
    Free Member

So many holier than though people on this thread that need to get a grip. What is shown in that video is part of his job and cant be done from home so fulfilling government guidelines.

sharkattack

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’ve no issues with him sending his bike to be sprayed. The company should have sprayed it when he dropped it off, and all of them should have been wearing masks at all times

Not really setting a good example

“Hey folks, in today’s video, which is only thirty seconds long, watch me drive my frame to the resprayer and then pick it up again a few days later. It’s a fascinating insight into …. absolutely **** all.”

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Spraying a bike is not part of his job, that’s the job of people who spray bikes for a living.

And no one was wearing face coverings which is against the rules

The Rugby – that’s within the rules, whether we agree with them or not with regular testing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘Brendog the rule breaker ?’ is closed to new replies.