Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bose Car Audio systems
  • titusrider
    Free Member

Hi

Ordering a new car soon and im tempted by the bose stereo upgrade.
    anyone got one?
    Is it worth it?
    will it compare to Shure 410 headphones?
    I'm pretty sure the list price of £650 is rediculous but was gonna try and get them down to more like 3-400, what are my chances!!

on an alfa mito btw

Cheers

I_Ache
    Free Member

May as well upgrade the sterio if its an Alfa.

Gives you something decent to listen too when your waiting for the RAC!

titusrider
    Free Member

lol but its so much more interesting than a fiesta or a mini and much nicer inside than a punto, and of course im from 'an alfa family'

anyway any on topic replies 😛

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I've got an Audi with a Bose upgrade and I have to say that when you listen to music loud you can hear the difference. It has a multi CD changer but all my music comes through an iPod. IMO they are worth the upgrade.

Rio

I had Bose on my last car (Audi A4). Awesome system but you could only really appreciate it at the sort of volumes that make your ears hurt – so ok on the motorway but not a good idea in town if you want to be able to hear traffic/sirens/people hurling abuse at you etc.

FAIL
    Free Member

Any chance you can try before you buy?

Try and find out if its just a rebranding exercise or if BOSE are actually making any of the components. They won't be doing the speakers, but if it's got an amp external from the headunit they it may well be worth it.

titusrider
    Free Member

Its got an external amp but most of what it has doesnt mean too much to me. anyone mind looking over the spec :

Linky

rkk01
    Free Member

Waste of money – you would hope…

Haven't tried a Mito – was tempted, but thinking of hanging on for a Giulietta now. Anyhow, if the Mito is anything as good as it is supposed to be you wont need a stereo. Last Alfa I had was a 156SW and the twin spark engine sounded so good that the stereo rarely got used 😀

Normally – loud music on the stereo = faster driving.
    Alfa – stereo on = more passive driving

titusrider
    Free Member

My current 147 sounds bloody brilliant even with the 1.6 but I cant really afford the giuletta ( although my dad has the 60's original giulietta spider)

having driven the 135 bhp multiair mito they feel pretty rapid but maybe dont sound quite as 'industrial' as the 147. the 'sharper throttle response' from the driving modes switch is like having an engine transplant from civilised to Grinning axe murderer 🙂

rkk01
    Free Member

cant really afford the giuletta

That's what my wife keeps telling me 🙁

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Totally depends on the system – Some Audi Bose systems are great, other systems (like in the 350Z) are pretty cack.

I'd be scared of putting any extra electronics in an Alfa though…

wombat

I've got a Bose system in my Mazda 6 and it sounds excellent (not heard the non Bose system to compare though)

Squirrel

Got a Bose system in my current Mazda 6, and did in my last one too. Sounds better to me that the standard sytems in other cars, although the bass is too much: I run it at -4 and you can still feel it as much as you hear it! Best at high volumes, which may account for the constant ringing in my ears.

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

[/url]

I hate BOSE, There are plenty of genuine car audio providers out there without having to support those rip off merchants.

montylikesbeer

I got a Bose upgrade for my A6 avant and love the sound of it, in my view well worth it.

DavidB
    Free Member

Had Bose in my RX8, awesome noise much improved on the Alpine headunit I have now.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My wife has a Mazda 3 with a BOSE stereo and it blows away the standard stereo I have in my car.

titusrider
    Free Member

I'm thinking that might be a yes, but only if i can get some money off, £650 is just a bit too silly
    anyone know how much audi/mazda charge?

ourmaninthenorth

Got a Bose system in my current Mazda 6, and did in my last one too. Sounds better to me that the standard sytems in other cars, although the bass is too much: I run it at -4 and you can still feel it as much as you hear it! Best at high volumes, which may account for the constant ringing in my ears.

Really? Bose job in our Mazda 3 is OK, but even at +6 the bass isn't in any way staggering.

Maybe I'm already deaf….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bose job in our Mazda 3 is OK, but even at +6 the bass isn't in any way staggering.

Is it broken? (See above – my wife's is very good in her 3)

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Car hifi is extremely subjective TBH. The system is mine (standard "Professional" BMW one – 6 speakers, a big sub under each front seat) is perfectly sufficient but there will always be those that want more and will pay £2k for it.

I've heard good Bose systems in cars, I've heard average ones but they are always better than a standard system.

As an aside, I have Bose 301 speakers at home – they definitely sound good.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bose Car Audio systems’ is closed to new replies.