Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 17,666 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • amodicumofgnar

Is Spaffs eyeing up a replacement for Chequers with what appears to be the much grander Chevening estate. Handy for Biggin Hill, isn’t it private airport of choice for people wanting to get in and out of the UK without excess coverage?

Poopscoop

kimbers

BBC being torn up, already undermined by cabinet refusing to do r4 or newsnight, Johnson avoiding Andrew Neil.

Murdoch launching Times radio as an alternative to R4

Htf that Sabisky idiot was hired, let alone allowed to resign & not fired , is beyond me .

Cummings may have a good grasp of populist triggers, but the psuedo intellectuals using science to justify their hard right views is taking us to a crappy place.

By turning everything into a culture war they’ve conned millions into voting for all this to happen, believing it’s in their interests.

Poopscoop

Chickens will come home to roost.

It’s just a question of when and just how bad and what form the backlash will take.

We aren’t even close to how bad this will all get first though.

kelvin

Oh, things will get much much worse Poopscoop, but don’t bet on the backlash… the anger will be directed elsewhere (amongst those who voted for/with him in 2016 and 2019 at least) and as long as they look to have a plan to keep the Tories in power, the Vote Leave team will keep control of the Conservative party… and assuming that plan works (who’d bet against them?), they will control the government for a long long time.

whatgoesup

I just signed this via Facebook btw

Dear friends,

I just signed the petition “Save Our BBC” and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-our-bbc-1?bucket=email-blast-16_2_2020_teamreactiveblast&share=f8e84fd5-6e9b-4619-abba-1b490d356c44&source=email-share-button&utm_campaign=blast2020-02-16&utm_source=email

Thank you!

P.S. Can you also take a moment to share the petition with others? It’s really easy – all you need to do is forward this email or share this link on Facebook or Twitter: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-our-bbc-1?bucket=email-blast-16_2_2020_teamreactiveblast&share=f8e84fd5-6e9b-4619-abba-1b490d356c44&source=email-share-button&utm_campaign=blast2020-02-16&utm_source=email

alcolepone
    Free Member

Anyone heard whats happening to the russian report?

all gone very quiet about that….

tomhoward

Anyone heard whats happening to the russian report?

The Prime Minister has told us that there is nothing of interest in it.

Why would you possibly want more info than that?

MoreCashThanDash

Why are the press not pushing them on the Russian report – or Corbyn? PMQs this week he’s got the Nazi adviser and the Russia report, if he can’t score a decent goal with those he really is a waste of space

frankconway

Last week johnson said the russian report would be released when a security review of it’s contents was complete.
    Before the GE it, apparently, was complete and ready for release but GE rules prevented that.
    Excuses, clear reluctance to release si something to hide.

scotroutes

I just signed the petition “Save Our BBC” and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

Is there one for getting rid of the BBC – or at least making it (non-compulsory)subscription only?

binners

PMQs this week he’s got the Nazi adviser and the Russia report, if he can’t score a decent goal with those he really is a waste of space

Are you somehow unfamiliar with his previous ‘work’? No man, when faced with a yawning open goal and acres of space, is more certain to boing it straight into Row Z.

He’s barely even phoning-in his shouty 10 second YouTube clip nowadays. Why he’s still here is anybody’s guess

maccruiskeen

Last week johnson said the russian report would be released when a security review of it’s contents was complete.
    Before the GE it, apparently, was complete and ready for release but GE rules prevented that.

I still have my money on Russia leaking it first

dudeofdoom

TBH what’s going to happen even if it states that the Tory party was bankrolled by the Russians 🙂

kelvin

13thfloormonk

TBH what’s going to happen even if it states that the Tory party was bankrolled by the Russians

“You lost, we won, get over it!” etc.

Pointing out any corruption of British Democracy is now just sore losing apparently.

binners

Pointing out any corruption of British Democracy is now just sore losing apparently.

I think you’ll find its actually subversive anti-British behaviour. What are you? Some kind of enemy of the people?

DrJ

It’s almost as if the penny has just started to drop that the last 3 years of giving a platform to Farage and Johnson has not actually bought the BBC any friends in govt., whilst simultaneously alienating their potential supporters.

kelvin

Perfect…

Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

Douglas Adams had such an amazing mind.

[ from @ballantine70 on Twitter ]

frankconway

They seek him here, they seek him there……so where is the blond buffoon?

maccruiskeen

so where is the blond buffoon?

it was part of ‘Team Johnson’s’ leadership and election campaigns to keep him out of the spotlight and minimise the chances of him torpedoing himself by saying something stupid.

Seems to be a strategy that succeeds and fails for the same reason. It’s not ok for him to say anything stupid now that he’s in power. There’s more at stake than a job now. So they have to keep hiding him.

kimbers

He’s hiding

He/cummings see no point in putting his face to.anything, big majority, full term, the electorate have the memory of goldfish, so just keep him hidden away until it’s election time.

If he pops up to handle questions about floods, austerity, inequality, he just blusters & looks foolish.

During the election he his in a fridge to avoid Morgan, was pwnd by Varadakar, his from Neil

His cowardice is strangely a strength in the world of the brexit culture war.

Klunk
    Free Member

you’d think he’d want to cement his churchillian image by standing on Shrewsbury town bridge waving his cycling helmet wbove his head on his walking still shouting at the assembled throng “We can take it!”

Poopscoop

Amazing times eh?

Brexit, flooding, Covid…. no PM.

binners

They’re terrified. They now own Brexit, lock, stock and barrel

And because they’ve painted themselves into a ‘no surrender’ corner it’s going to be an absolute ****ing disaster.they know this full well, so they’re getting their hiding under the table practice in early.

The next 9 months are going to be hiding while phoning in excuses before the inevitable economic catastrophe detonates like an H bomb

That’s going to be fun to watch. Well it would be. If I didn’t have to rely on the UK Economy being a bit better than the Greek economy during the Euro crisis it’d actually be pretty funny

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Its a Victorian farce, but the Tory heartlands have a sweat on – Fruit and Veg Farmers are quietly saying “what the **** are you doing” Hospitality, Care Homes, Food Producers/packers all run by middle England Tories and they are shitting them selves. They expect the Tory party to look after and protect their interests – they really dont like Priti telling them to pay more wages and automate.they dont like Boris pandering to Northern working poor… middle England is getting shafted.

If Starmer gets his “proposition” right Boris may well have a very big problem come next election… we might see a blue wall turn red.

somafunk

we might see a blue wall turn red.

That sounds worryingly like a call to arms for a mass march on westminster to drag the **** out from their holes and give the crowds a pound of flesh.

Hmm?……..yeah ok – given what brexit has done to my health regarding cancelation of a medical genetic trial to halt my secondary progressive ms …i’m fine wi that, although i can’t stand up these days so i’ll go for their legs/ankles.

Edit : just spoke to my bro and he’s offered us his spare 5 archery bows and as many easton shaft arrows as we can carry, he’s keeping his best hoyt bow for himself as he says he could take down a fleeing boris at 150yards+, sometime in september would suit me fine but i’m open to suggestions.

(i’m kidding ffsake……. do you lot not recognise humour?, bows would be pointless with my teenage knowledge of the anarchists cookbook and living on a farm)

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Had another middle englander moan the other day that the immigration policy will allow clever young people to come in and take jobs from local not quite as clever young people…

Starting to look like Dominics thoughts are getting rolled out as policy based upon his previous success (dont question “Obe wankynobby”).. and maybe the backbenchers are not quite as sure. Its noticeable that the vocal masses of the Tory party are saying nowt.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Not a call to Arms more a Blairite opportunity may be presenting itself.

I think Boris has made multiple bad calls…
    1. HS2 (pissed offmost people)
    2. Huawei (pissed off ex cabinet ministers)
    3. immigration (see above)
    4. Sajid resignation (viewed as a safe pair of hands – so why did he leave)
    5. Not visiting flood victims (Tory Heartlands)
    6. Being told to suck upthe new world order
    7. Potential bad calls to come for the Tory faithful-
    Pension contributions tax relief
    Removal of entrepreneurs tax allowance
    Wage inflation
    Cost of investing in automation

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

8. Reduction in Farm subsidies

oldnpastit

Reduction in Farm subsidies

Surely farmers knew that this was going to happen? Everyone who voted for Brexit knew what they were voting for.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Well many Farmers believe they will be looked after regardless of the economic situation….

epicyclo

oldmanmtb2
    Well many Farmers believe they will be looked after regardless of the economic situation….

Poor buggers didn’t realise that to the estate owning toffs who run the country, real farmers are just slightly better off peasants…

dudeofdoom

Any one enjoying the Boris party political broadcast on itv now 🙂

Gotta keep the brainwashing going.

MoreCashThanDash

Farmers were specifically told that they would not lose out from Brexit.

At some point, people are going to be very angry at the lies they were told and promises that are being broken. Probably wise to upset all the ones most likely to hold firearms licences early on in the process 🤔

Poopscoop

Missed it. Couldn’t watch it anyway. Gives me acid reflux.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Blue wall red wall…. Boris is building a problem…. the “Dom” magic works both ways…. the Tory faithful really dont like Dom or his Trotsky approach to things, middle England has no desire to dismantle the Civil Service.

Bojos problem is the enemy within.

Just watch this unfold.

amodicumofgnar

Any one enjoying the Boris party political broadcast on itv now 🙂

Gotta keep the brainwashing going.

Is it another classic from Spaffs and Cumms?

tjagain

At some point, people are going to be very angry at the lies they were told and promises that are being broken.

I doubt it. Judging by the bresiteers I know who are now saying ” no deal is what we were told and wanted, there will be some short term pain for long term game” and refuse to listen to anything different – and their favourite sources of news do not report the downsides anyway.

Any ill effects will be blamed on the EU

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not so sure TJ – one of the resident Brexiteers in the office was looking rather embarrassed as one of my colleagues pointed out the obvious flaw in one of his Brexit arguments today, the penny is dropping for some of them. Even my Dad appears to have understood the additional problems it will cause his grandchildren – my mum continues to move to the far right of Attila the Hun though

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 17,666 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.