• This topic has 17,667 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by BillMC.
Viewing 40 posts - 15,121 through 15,160 (of 17,668 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • BoardinBob

Anyone knowledgeable enough to diagnose his underlying condition? Narcissist? Sociopath? Psychopath? The man is unhinged

shermer75
    Free Member

Still, I’m glad we settled for a strong and stable government rather than chaos with Ed Miliband…

BillMC

Malignant narcissist for sure.

Hilarious irony that he was finally brought down by the tank-topped prehensile Pincher.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Anyone knowledgeable enough to diagnose his underlying condition? Narcissist? Sociopath? Psychopath? The man is unhinged

Assume that’s a joke, but on the other side of the coin, maybe he does believe he’s being bullied by self-serving ministers and the media, and that he has the will and backing of the people. So why would he step down? That’s who he answers too right? The public. So a GE would be the right thing to do I guess.

Not supporting him, just mulling things over.

seosamh77
    Free Member

On yerself Boris, fight them to the hilt, jam it right up their 1922 committee!

frankconway

Brandon Lewis just resigned.

davros

Why would he step down? Because regardless of what he thinks the public might think about him, he has clearly lost the support of the vast majority of his MPs and it is impossible to govern in those circumstances. It’s very simple.

And if he doesn’t resign, they will vote to remove him next week. All he is doing is delaying the inevitable by a matter of days.

kelvin

So a GE would be the right thing to do I guess.

He could just call a by-election if wants to be kicked out by voters.

funkmasterp

All this tells me is that we need to completely reform how our government and voting works. One thing we definitely need is a **** off clause. This is where, I don’t know, the Queen maybe, can tell the PM to **** off by royal decree or something.

What other job in the world can you **** up completely and not just get sacked from. Leader of a western democracy is HR proof.

Can’t wait for the film

Who’ll be boris?

He’d probably play himself, the egotistical prick. My vote goes for Mr Potato Head in a wig or an actual bale of hay.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Brandon Lewis just resigned

Seems to be confusion on this.

convert

That’s who he answers too right? The public.

Yes and no – Johnson appears on the ballot paper of a tiny fraction of the national electorate. The PM gets their power from the backing of the other MPs who also won their seats. Those MPs represent their electorates, not him, and a good number (basically all) have got the message from their local electorate that the clown is no longer that appealing. That’s how it actually works, though I would take your obvious next point that in reality the personality of the national party plays a huge party in the election or otherwise of local MPs.

rogermoore

bye election

Deserves credit.
    RM.

jag61

He’s going to have a lot more time to spend with his family(families) by the weekend? Poor sods it’s all got a bit trumpian now I heard one of his backers on R4 this afternoon wants him to stay to “make Britain great” chilling stuff looking forward to seeing him dragged out leaving finger nails in the tarmac🤞

seosamh77
    Free Member

So a GE would be the right thing to do I guess.

The tories wont call one till they’ve rinsed and repeated and took control of the narrative and improved their polling.

Absolutely nothing to say they have to barring a sense of when they think they’ll win.

funkmasterp

When they eventually remove him I’m hoping they’ll pin him down and brush his hair

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

When they eventually remove him I’m hoping they’ll pin him down and brush his hair

It’ll be like the end of a scooby doo episode, “I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for those pesky ministers”.
    Rriiiiiiiipppp
    Trump in a Johnson mask.

kelvin

bye election

Deserves credit.

I chickened out of the dad pun, and edited my post. Thanks for the nod though RM.

Oh, and funkmasterp, don’t do yourself down. You might make a great PM!

colp

They’re knocking up a complete new plan for the economy tonight which he’s announcing tomorrow.
    So that’ll be brill.

crazy-legs

They’re knocking up a complete new plan for the economy tonight which he’s announcing tomorrow.

Presumably based on the savings from not having any ministers…

edd

Does anyone know, is “buoyant” a media euphemism for enjoying Columbia’s finest? The Guardian reports that:

‘Buoyant’ Johnson determined to ‘fight on’

stumpyjon

Gove’s been fired!

seosamh77
    Free Member

hahhaa, amazing. 😆

dirtyboy

He’ll probably declare war on the Russians tonight.

Houns

Will vacant be next to be fired?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

He’s just the product of an extremely privileged upbringing where he’s always got his own way, never heard the word “No” and has never been held accountable for his actions. Same as Trump. Lie, cheat, bully, it doesn’t matter. In his eyes he’s done nothing wrong.

kimbers

imnotverygood

Gove’s been fired!

I actually laughed out loud hearing this. The whole shebang is a gift which keeps on giving.

convert

Gove’s been fired!

Apart from previous history, I wonder what marks him out from the others that went to see him this evening. Do you think he was the only one with the balls to actually go through with saying what he thought when in the room alone with him?

Klunk
    Free Member

too slow 🙂

slowoldman

I should imagine the least surprised person in the country is Gove.

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s put Gove up in my estimations

theotherjonv

Presumably Kwarteng also to be fired, as being public about calling him to go.

Patel and Zahawi are reportedly privately telling him to go; is that enough to fire them. Zahawi in ca 24hrs would be hilarious.

Does he have enough people to take on the (proper) cabinet jobs now? Never mind the dozens of private secretaries, etc.

BillMC

Such petulance

tjagain

I believe all those labels now are considered personality disorders. Sociopath is just a mild psychopath

I would say he has narcissistic personality disorder. Common in politics and buisness and probably caused by his upbringing. Eton is a very damaging environment

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/narcissistic-p

RustyNissanPrairie

The rest of the world must think we are absolutely **** mental as a country with Brexit and our politics.

Cougar

Comment of the night.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Ha brilliant, it just keeps getting better.

Hopefully wake up to a £1000 grant. Good old Boris.

shermer75
    Free Member

Does anyone know, is “buoyant” a media euphemism for enjoying Columbia’s finest?

I’d never thought of that before!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

41 resignations and one sacked gove
    AND a partridge in a pear tree

Smell my cheddar.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’d never thought of that before

Gone full scarface.

Viewing 40 posts - 15,121 through 15,160 (of 17,668 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.