• This topic has 17,667 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by BillMC.
Viewing 40 posts - 7,721 through 7,760 (of 17,668 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • crazy-legs

But to be faced with a choice of telling the truth which actually paints you well, or telling a random lie that’s absolutely counterproductive… Why would anyone do that unless they just love lies?

The only truth which matters to him is what he wants the truth to be at that very moment. There is zero thought given to any fallout or consequences. He can literally stand there promising unicorns one day and the next deny that there was ever any mention of unicorns without showing a shred of remorse or self-awareness.

It’s the same level as a kid standing there with chocolate all round their mouth swearing blind that they never touched the chocolate. It’s Walter Mitty levels of delusion.

tjagain

He was ( at a guess) trying to show that covid was nothing to be scared about?  following Trumps lead

bruneep

Klunk
    Free Member

cold war steve already already nailed it

kimbers

Torygraph piling in is funny

Im guessing this is a leak from the Sue Grey report

doomanic

This was recently posted on Arsebook by the daughter of one of BloHard’s dimmest cabinet ministers

so the key worker nurses and doctors doing tiktok dances in the halls and eating in the canteens together during breaks…how is that different to the key worker civil servants getting some down time amongst long shifts when they’re already working together?
    They spent 18hour days securing us
    vaccines
    tests
    Furlough
    Business Grants
    new hospitals
    accomodation for the homeless
    Repatriation

They did so much and had a drink in the garden during work to decompress.
    No different to those having picnics in overcrowded parks. In fact not as bad, they were at work whilst many were being paid not to.
    Not seeing loves ones dying in hospital is just grieving upset people deflecting their emotions toward boris. He wasn’t doing it in an ICU ward, where there are STILL very strict visiting rules for end of life.

He’s being stitched up by an extremely manipulative opposition and a handful of rebels in his own party. those shouting for him to resign now will quickly come to regret this

Rules were broken, but not in any kind of way that harmed anyone by people who were risking a lot to do an impossible task. Let’s stop being so predictably angry at anything our twisted media portray and think for ourselves for once.

kelvin

Posting this partly because a reminder of the game made me smile…

Poopscoop

doomanic

Not seeing loves ones dying in hospital is just grieving upset people deflecting their emotions toward boris.

Good luck justifying this or the other points you make.

Boris was just doing his best eh? The nasty opposition are just being nasty eh?

doomanic

I know, it’s delusion of the highest order.

Poopscoop

^^Bugger, sorry, I didn’t realise you were quoting someone.😁

Sorry! I though you had been drinking or something.lol

teethgrinder

Johnson was (and still is doing) his best.
    It’s just his best is really, really, really **** shite.

whatgoesup

whatgoesup

Actually Newsthump seem to have given up on satire and are just reporting the news instead.

kelvin

More of the hard Brexit cheerleader MPs are turning on him now.

doomanic

@poopscoop I guessed that. The forum **** up the quote almost as badly as Blohard has **** up the country.

dissonance

This was recently posted on Arsebook by the daughter of one of BloHard’s dimmest cabinet ministers

Which one? Its a rather tight field with most just above able to walk and breath at the same time.

He wasn’t doing it in an ICU ward, where there are STILL very strict visiting rules for end of life.

I like this line. Well thats okay then so long as they didnt decide to randomly gatecrash an ICU ward with some wine and gin its okay. I wonder where else is high on their list of party locations? Morgues and cemeteries perhaps? Are they are a goth?

kimbers

Im guessing Dories daughter

That Bridgen has crayoned his letter to 1922 commiittee, is surely a sign that its end of days

ElShalimo

The notion that a lot of those people may not have been dying in hospital if we had a more responsible government is clearly lost on that pampered offspring.

PJM1974
    Free Member

And good old Nadders has been wheeled out to make excuses for de Pfeffel, quite possibly after a couple of lunchtime glasses of sauvingnon:

**Warning – Daily Heil Link below**

“…a very formidable serval servant, Sue Grey”

Dorries herself is sadly typical of Johnson’s front bench, strong on loyalty but not over-blessed with brains or integrity. Given that the mewling Victorian Pencil managed to throw the leader of the Scottish Tories under a bus yesterday and that Andrew Bridgen (Himself an intellectual vacuum) has accused Johnson of presiding over a “moral vacuum” at the heart of government.

Ideally, the whole Conservative Party will collapse into civil war between the various factions and will **** off into history, but that’s a little too much to hope for.

Poopscoop

There will always be a party that appeals to baser human emotions so there will always be Tory party or party that represents the same values.

Poopscoop

doomanic

@poopscoop
    I guessed that. The forum **** up the quote almost as badly as Blohard has **** up the country.

I definitely need to play better attention when I read too. 😁

binners

Jesus! When Andrew Bridgen is lucid enough to get his felt tips out and scrawl a letter, the game really is up.

Is it just me or is everybody else reminded of a ventriloquists dummy when his huge bulbous head appears on screen.

I reckon Boris is now stockpiling arms, Waco style for when they come to drag him out

jimster01
    maccruiskeen

More nails for his coffin.

So the Sun’s reticence to put these parties on the front page isn’t just because it would become clear their Deputy Editors was at some of them – it turns out one of the parties was thrown for him.

Its interesting as these new party revelations come out of the woodwork. The first ones revealed was the ones held last Christmas and the leaked mock press conference exercise dwelled on the consequences they feared of the fallout if party becoming public knowledge. Having dwelled on that…. they kept having parties.

dissonance

So the Sun’s reticence to put these parties on the front page

That and according to private eye and somewhat admitted to by the Sun they had a rather excitable christmas party in 2020.

Having dwelled on that…. they kept having parties.

Well they had got away with it plenty of times so why stop?

onehundredthidiot

Maybe he’s in the flat steaming to paper off the walls and packing.

ElShalimo

I’m not a fan of the Royalty but that photo of QE2 alone at her husband’s funeral, captures the disconnect between the Govt setting the rules and the public following them. I hope it haunts them for the rest of their days.

crazy-legs

Having dwelled on that…. they kept having parties.

Imagine how much work they might have been able to do if they weren’t partying the whole time!

I actually can’t decide which I want more – in certain cases (like Chris Grayling) it would have been far cheaper for the country to pay him a Minister’s salary and have him do absolutely nothing cos everything he did do failed spectacularly and expensively. In that case I’d be quite happy for him to be sitting in a garden drinking cos it’d keep him away from **** things up even more. Genuinely difficult call that!

nickc

I’m not a fan of the Royalty but that photo of QE2 alone at her husband’s funeral, captures the disconnect between the Govt

I think it’s pretty powerful image especially for the folks that think of themselves as Monarchy supporting Tory voting Conservatives.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

There are underlying issues within the Tory party in ss much as they can’t get positive press due to partygate –
    Economic news today
    Omicron possibly retreating
    Scotland, Wales rolling back
    restrictions
    Kier having a beer

They are mightily pissed that Boris is running defence on the above (questionable) good news.

Labours polling and nervous redwall MPs don’t help.

It would appear that the Tory party sixth sense for a leader cull has also disappeared. Hopefully they will keep Boris in post.

matt_outandabout

They broke lockdown rules on multiple occasions. They had no moral awareness or care.

And now they are happy to sit silently and make a publicly funded investigation (if it is of any value by the time it is published) work hard to find out basic facts such as when gatherings happened and who attended – which surely are in some kind of security log for No.10?

tomd
    Free Member

I like that the hardcore tories all profess to be staunch unionists, but have blundered themselves to a place where a tory prime minister isn’t welcome at a Scottish tory conference. Not to mention that his mere existence is the gift that keeps on giving for the SNP.

nickc

which surely are in some kind of security log for <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>No.10</span>?

Which rolls back around to uncomfortable questions for the Met again? I mean apparently some-one went out with a suitcase to smuggle booze back for a party, and these cops didn’t notice? didn’t think to stop and question? I don’t think it’s just Johnson that should be brushing up their CV to be honest.

stumpy01

Anyone else hear Damien Hinds squirm his way through a R4 interview this morning around 8:15?
    It was awful….avoiding the questions, lots of ummmming & aaahing. I can’t imagine he was very comfortable doing it!

I’m not fan of the royal family, but jeez that pic of Liz sitting on her own at her Husband’s funeral – following the rules – while de Pfeffel & his mates partied away….

So many questions – how on earth did they get away with it at the time! The Police were sending drones over the Peak District to catch people walking and these arseholes were doing whatever they wanted.

Flaperon

The Police were sending drones over the Peak District to catch people walking and these arseholes were doing whatever they wanted.

Same police guard the Houses of Parliament despite the obvious clouds of white powder drifting around inside and haven’t done anything.

Irony is that this Government implemented laws requiring myself and my colleagues to submit to random drug testing but weren’t willing to do the same.

fadda

So, this enquiry then…

Do we think it will be fair and transparent, or will it be a whitewash/cover up ..?

kelvin

Civil servants will be found to have “fallen short” and will be moved on. “No evidence” the PM knew anything about anything. Nothing to pass on to the police… what happens in vegas stays in vegas.

ElShalimo

what happens in vegas stays in vegas.

I wish that what happens in vegans stays in vegans. Plant based paaaarp is offensive

💨💨💨💨

dazh

Seems clear they’re going to try to brazen this out. Johnson has gone to ground and tory MPs are being sent out to defend the indefensible. The guy on question time last night was astonishingly bad. Even Isabel Oakeshot was calling for him to resign. There are leaks already that the enquiry will let him off the hook. It’s all good, the more they resist the inevitable the more damage they do to themselves.

Viewing 40 posts - 7,721 through 7,760 (of 17,668 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.