• This topic has 17,667 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by BillMC.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,921 through 5,960 (of 17,668 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • kimbers

If this was a BBC scoop Nadine Dorries would be apoplectic

Also

bruneep

rone

this has an end of Major feel to it to me

Yeah.

I wasn’t convinced more recently but eventually this is heading for a House of Cards scenario.

Klunk
    Free Member

can’t be long before He gets that phone call from the Dirty Digger… “Tomorrows Sun will be running with PM fiddled while Rome burned”

zippykona

I sent this picture to failing grayling asking him to think before leaping to the defence of those at the party.
    Send it to your Tory scum bag mp.
    null

Poopscoop

No 10 still denying it TONIGHT!

Good, the more they deny it now, the more damage it does them.

Utter f****.

Edit: There was an utter feeding frenzy about it on ITV just them, anyone see that??

theotherjonv

Yep. Any sense that there might even be footage from within the party…… and just waiting for the chance to drop that.

Bit like Red Bull’s ‘no, he didn’t brake’ how can they not think it’s going to get proven in the end?

Bigger than Barnard Castle according to ITV

dissonance

Bit like Red Bull’s ‘no, he didn’t brake’ how can they not think it’s going to get proven in the end?

Because even when it has in the past it hasnt really damaged them. So worth a gamble.

tjagain

Its a basic law of politics.  Its not the event that does for you – its the cover up and lies.  Ask Nixon!

If they had said ” there was a small gathering, it was unwise, they attempted to follow protocol, people have been spoken to and disciplined as appropriate” then its a non event even if they do not discipline anyone

Lie and cover it up and it always leaks in a drip drip drip manner prolonging the  news headlines

The-Beard

I’d like to think that somewhere deep within No. 10 someone is having a full on Malcolm Tucker moment right now!

Poopscoop

theotherjonv
    Yep. Any sense that there might even be footage from within the party

I’ve got to say that it would be stunning if no pics were taken, it’d be the first Christmas party since smartphones came along that didn’t have pics taken, if so. Whether they ended up in the hands of someone to leak them is another matter. I hope so.

ernielynch

Good, the more they deny it now, the more damage it does them.

Not just to them but to the fight against Covid.

All this will be music to the ears of right-wing covid deniers and conspiracy theorists…… it’s all a hoax, there’s no pandemic, masks aren’t necessary, they’re taking us for fools, they don’t even believe it themselves, don’t listen to them – don’t have the unproven vaccines, and so on.

A lot of them see Johnson as a bit of a leftie with his big government spending and covid diktat, it is likely to drive them into the arms of UKIP, Reclaim, and Reform parties. The hard right of the Tory Party will also have their hand strengthened.

I certainly hope that any possible fallout won’t result in a weaken determination to fight the pandemic, or strengthen the UK’s right-wing, but imo that is far from certain.

dissonance

Whether they ended up in the hands of someone to leak them is another matter. I hope so.

I think there will be some people carefully deleting some photos of an event that didnt happen/did happen but met the rules/did happen but was done as a test of whether the met police would enforce the rules/ohh squirrel.

The BBC breakfast editor tweeted “7.30am slot on #BBCBreakfast on Wednesday still waiting to be filled.
    Usually know by now which Minister will be offered for morning interview.”

Some desperate negotiating going on I guess to get someone mad enough to go and follow the current line.

tjagain

Just had a look at the daily wail – gunning for Johnson over this, Sun ditto, Express its the second story after “labour brexit moaners”  Telegraph is leading with the story.

I fear you are right to some extent – like with Cummingsit makes it more difficult to get folk to follow covid advice but it really does feel like this is sticking

t3ap0t
    Free Member

https://youtu.be/b0mLaMXXCx

Rees-Mogg at the party ridiculing social distancing and the prospect of being investigated by police

Edit might not be the same party/event

kelvin

The Rees-Mogg video looked like a poor fake when I saw it on social media. I wouldn’t get distracted by it.

jonno101
    Free Member

well that video has mysteriously vanished!

tjagain

And the veering towards fascism continues – or autocracy if you prefer

Making protest illegal with draconian penalties,   Putting ministers above the law, making control of the press tighter, voter suppression, more racist immigration policies and the creating of internal and external enemies and the next one to appear will be another attempt to prevent unions funding labour I will bet

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/08/boris-johnson-grabbing-more-power-amendments-to-oppressive-legislation-uk

whatgoesup

And no one showed up for the BBC Breakfast 7:30 slot.

What distraction tactic should we expect next – it’s quite some dead cat that’ll be needed here.

beagle
    Free Member

Some desperate negotiating going on I guess to get someone mad enough to go and follow the current line

Ha. That’ll be nobody then.

Klunk
    Free Member

for the Torygraph Boris’s Crimbo bash is a dead cat for England Ashes Crash.

kelvin

This video?

Weird. Still looks fake. Still, Singapore-on-Thames using imperial measurements… he’s a comedian, you have to give him that.

bruneep

parody or not, its hard to tell now

fossy

What a farkin car crash. A number of senior Tories must go, starting with Boris. Liars the lot of them.

tjagain

Its a problem with our pseudo democracy – there is absolutely no sanctions for lying and no mechanism for getting rid of incompetents.  You are relying on them having some integrity and this lot of liars and corrupt chancers have none

Those that should be sacked have too much dirt on Johnson to be sacked as he fears the retribution from them

kimbers

As for dead cats, Article 16 anyone?

Has Stratton not resigned yet?
    I dont see how she can stay, well cause nightmare for Johnson, her husband is editor of the Spectator, and they are best mates with Sunak- godparents to their kids

martinhutch

I wonder if PMQs will be mysteriously cancelled/handed over to the deputy?

fossy

They will all go on holiday as this crisis unfolds !

tthew

It’s at times like these I almost wish I had a tory MP to write to! 😁

There’s absolutely no chance anyone will comply with future harsh lockdowns now. I deleted my NHS check pinging app after Hancock got caught in his squeeze, can’t believe that was just the thin end of the wedge!

Klunk
    Free Member

the Daily Fail has gone into meltdown over this, funny that they ignored it for 5 days ?

davros

The pressure is building. I don’t think non-answers will cut it today. PMQs might be interesting.

nickc

If you look at the front pages of the Telegraph and Sun today and compare them to the other newspapers, it’s pretty easy to guess which ones had staff invited to the party…

ernielynch

the Daily Fail has gone into meltdown over this, funny that they ignored it for 5 days ?

They covered the story 7 days ago, just like everyone else :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10262479/Sajid-Javid-denies-PM-broke-Covid-rules-parties-No10.html

tthew

PMQs might be interesting.

If I was Starmer, I’d start with, “Prime Minister, If I called you a liar in the house, would you ask that I retract my accusation?”

Then follow it up the speaker with, “and would you make me?”

kimbers

funkrodent

I have to admit that with a brazen chancer like Boris I’m fairly cynical. In that he’ll just put his head down and wait for it to go away. At the end of the day the only people who can get rid of him right now are his own party and, like the Republicans with Trump, they’ll only do that if he is deemed an electoral liability. It’s not at that point yet, but if North Shropshire goes badly it could be seen as a sign.

Still can’t believe the number of people in this country who can’t see him for the absolute fascist charlatan that he is

gordimhor

What good would Boris’s resignation do? He’ll only be replaced by another Tory

jekkyl

Expect to see him squirm when asked a direct yes/no by kier. He has two choices… Come clean or lie! Recent history has shown that he’s not afraid of U-turns. I think the political fall out from ‘we did have a party, we’re sorry, lessons will be learnt’ would be much less than lying to the house.

nickc

If I was Starmer

Ian Blackford of the SNP has already done that. He’s established that when talking about specific events he can, with the agreement of the speaker use the word liar when referring to Johnson , which up until the PM-ship of Johnson was unparliamentary language.

It’s not made any difference

Viewing 40 posts - 5,921 through 5,960 (of 17,668 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM