• This topic has 317 replies, 140 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 318 total)
  • Big Hitter gets lifetime ban
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Before people start with the negative comments – TJ is one of lifes good guys. I am glad to be able to consider him to be a friend.

Northwind

Could possibly be for the best, TJ is a top guy in the flesh and often on teh webs, but it does feel like the forum can bring out the worst of him. Or perhaps what I should say is that certain forum members do their best to bring out the worst of him.

Of course, they’ve not been banned… Wonder whether they’ll be pleased to have won, or sad to have lost their sport. Well, I hope they’re gutted tbh, but I doubt it.

On the plus side, he’s only been banned- they’ll always be pricks and no moderator will ever fix that for them.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can talk about TJ though. A decent bloke, but pathologically unable to a) see anyone else’s point of view, b) acknowledge anyone’s right to their point of view and c) let it go.

And in general, moderation decisions are made for the good of the forum, not based on whether or not someone’s a good or nice person.

A shame that someone has not been able to overcome their issues but c’est la vie, c’est l’internet.

sweepy
    Free Member

Its a shame if you ask me

loum
    Free Member

If its true, then its a shame.
    Always helpful with good advice where he could.
    Maybe he should have learnt to ignore the ‘baiters, but tbh, it was pretty relentless and targeted.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or perhaps what I should say is that certain forum members do their best to bring out the worst of him.

Indeed, some of them have already posted on this thread.

avdave2

Big Hitter gets lifetime banck

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I agree, Northwind. He’s a good bloke who didn’t know how not to bite, surrounded by throbbers.

DezB
    Free Member

oh well, nevermind

Kit
    Free Member

I was just about to start a thread on nuclear power n’aw. Don’t see the point now 🙁

racefaceec90

i must admit to not knowing tj much on the forum personally.but he did seem a decent guy.am sorry to see he is banned.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A decent bloke, but pathologically unable to a) see anyone else’s point of view, b) acknowledge anyone’s right to their point of view and c) let it go.

^^This^^

However, get him talking rugby and the banter would flow. He was, of course, entirely wrong (JOKE!), but there he was.

Any other topic? Especially one of a political leaning? Well, as molgrips said, really. If he’d had, as we suspect, repeated warnings on this, then there you go.

aa
    Free Member

i really can’t see how a permanent ban is made from being slightly annoying.

racism, sexism, homophobia, etc, yes. tj was none of these things

Cougar

It’s easy to draw parallels but the difference between Fred and TJ is, I’ll miss one of them.

deluded
    Free Member

This reads like an obituary.

gwj72
    Free Member

Seemed like a **** to me tbh. Talk about sense of humor failure.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Ad hominem, on the other hand. I wonder if that’s where ultimately he fell down?

Probably, I was just going to post this link.

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Its unfortunate that so many arguments / debates on this forum tend to very quickly go down this route very quickly.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Move on, let’s get back on topic. So which bag is best for cottaging?

wrecker
    Free Member

It is a shame. I like TJ, I bet he’s great company in the flesh.
    Unfortunately for him, thm destroyed most of his arguments without breaking a sweat, so it was just a matter of time.
    I think I’ll try to stay away from the chat section.

All the best Teej.

jon1973
    Free Member

This reads like something important happened.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

DD and Northwind are spot on, a few too many on here seem to be able to post just about anything without any comeback.

Maybe there should be some rules about antagonising people with intent, it clearly goes on and is really not fair.

Im no tj fan but ever argument has at least 2 involved, maybe everyone should get a ban for it!

Junkyard
    Free Member

he did have srong views but his main weakness was rising to the baiters. on that thread two folk posted only to comment n what TJ had said who had not posted on the thread.

It was at times like school bullying.
    People often pick the person who reacted and that was him. At times he did not help himself but there was never any malice or nastiness in his posts or his intentions. This is not something I would say for those who baited.

Its not my forum and I dont expect a Elfin like reason from stw towers but at least they have let this take place.

I wish the mods could just delete all political threads it would make the forum more enjoyable for those who don’t come here for an argument everyday.

we are largely having heated debates and I dont like lots of threads, rugby, cameras, F1 , tyres but I accept it is a wide and diverse forum that can cope with all and I just dont bother reading them or commenting

donsimon
    Free Member

a few too many on here seem to be able to post just about anything without any comeback.

I would question the validity of this statement.

loum
    Free Member

unable to a) see anyone else’s point of view, b) acknowledge anyone’s right to their point of view and c) let it go

From my experience, I’d disagree quite strongly with the first two of these. And as for the third, well, he was never arguing on his own here.
    You only have to look at the thread he was banned on and you’ll see at least a couple who were arguing with him have made sure they had a last word after he was gone.

molgrips
    Free Member

Again not commenting on the moderation decision, but banned or not it’s a shame he couldn’t overcome his compulsions, at least online.

i really can’t see how a permanent ban is made from being slightly annoying.

I hope the owners will forgive me for speaking on their behalf, but as I understand it (and as they have explained it previously) they run the forum to promote the mag, and if it’s plagued by long acrimonious threads it’s not creating a positive image, so it’s not doing its job.

Lots of people in the past have complained about the tone of the forum when these threads proliferate, so they mods are right to try and stop them developing.

Garry_Lager

He has seemed a bit angry of late – Whatever you say about his argumentative style he wasn’t usually one for throwing insults around. Teamhurtmore in particular really seems to have the knack of pushing his buttons – a glib articulacy that definitely brought out the worst in TJeremy.

Only met TJ a few times but very nice and genuine bloke, as said. Some great rides in the Pentlands midweek. Let’s face it a posting ban is no bad thing if you’re steaming into a forum posting 30 times a day.

Squidlord
    Free Member

It’s easy to draw parallels but the difference between Fred and TJ is, I’ll miss one of them.

+1

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I take my helmet off to him, he’d appreciate that.

glupton1976
    Free Member

a few too many on here seem to be able to post just about anything without any comeback.

I wouldnt question it.

You know how every group of people has an annoying person in it, and if you think the group you are in doesnt, then it’s you who is annoying……

Kit
    Free Member

Realman got away with it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

glupton1976 – Member
    You know how every group of people has an annoying person in it, and if you think the group you are in doesnt, then it’s you who is annoying……

So if there’s someone you find annoying, you’re not annoying? 😉

Cougar

I wish the mods could just delete all political threads it would make the forum more enjoyable for those who don’t come here for an argument everyday.

Toss.

You don’t want to see an argument, don’t read obviously emotive threads. Subject censorship isn’t the answer.

Junkyard
    Free Member

would you?

al if I annoy you and you annoy me we are safe …will you be my annoy buddy?

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s gone way over my head glupton1976, what are you trying to say?

would you?

Well, clearly yes. TJ got banned and those who argued with him got banned. Not difficult, is it? The mods are not biased IMO. That should spell it out for both of you, nice and simply, no?

grtdkad

Whatever you thought of him, this place clearly meant a lot to him

I’ve been on here for quite a few years (before the big Xmas hack) and have had “conversations” with said big hitter.
    Did he really offend so much as to warrant an x-year ban?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think he is daft as rise to the bait DS nor are you as daft as have to ask

Kudos to mods for letting this go I wonder what it will look like tomorrow

Shame is all I have to say for many reasons

LenHankie

What will he do with his life now? He seemingly spent every minute of every day on here, trying to convert the whole of STW to his leftie ways. I’m sure plenty agreed with him but, wow, he had one enormous chip on his shoulder.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

This forum is pretty tightly policed, I’ve seen much worse on other forums…naked photographs of other users posted after forum romances went wrong, sustained campaigns of harassment, comedy letters/emails to users employers/neighbours etc and even an organised fight!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Junky you already annoy me 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I find myself annoying so that disproves glupton’s point.

I think it’s time for a whole round of navel gazing threads…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 318 total)

The topic ‘Big Hitter gets lifetime ban’ is closed to new replies.