• This topic has 317 replies, 140 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 318 total)
  • Big Hitter gets lifetime ban
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

It was at times like school bullying.
    People often pick the person who reacted and that was him. At times he did not help himself but there was never any malice or nastiness in his posts or his intentions. This is not something I would say for those who baited.

Spot on.

These type of threads thrive with more than just TJ posting on them, a few others should take a hard long look.

aa
    Free Member

i also annoy myself

TJ’s points of view made better reading than many others’ “rare goats willy skinned niche mass consumer” type postings. People say he was baited and bullied. I don’t think he was – he stood up for himself with largely coherent arguments (but was victimised for the occasional nonsense he spouted).

STW’s loss if true.

druidh
    Free Member

TJ has a very active life outside of STW. It’s a shame he has been banned but he has had so many warnings that he can hardly be surprised. We’ve often chatted about his conduct but he just cannot let it go – which he needs to do once he has let his opinion be known.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Well that’s a shame – A really nice guy in real life and loves bikes / biking.

I’d guess that he’s the most vocal / “targetable” of the loud lefties.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUqESvDseJo[/video]

Replace Iraq with Edinburgh, and thats pretty much my message to him 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

he wasn’t usually one for throwing insults around

Ah.. see.. he didn’t throw epithets around, but he sure as hell insulted the crap out of me. Some very offensive accusations on a personal level, and then he refused to acknowledge that he’d said anything out of order.

maccruiskeen

This forum is pretty tightly policed, I’ve seen much worse on other forums…naked photographs of other users posted after forum romances went wrong, sustained campaigns of harassment, comedy letters/emails to users employers/neighbours etc and even an organised fight!

you post on pensionersforum too?

deluded
    Free Member

I’m not big on censorship/life time bans. TJ’s expulsion seems a shame.

The only caveat to that is you must be known outside the forum. Identifiable. Not anonymous – which I consider weak and timid. If you have something to say, say it … but at least extend us the courtesy of knowing who you are.

At least TJ had some balls and didn’t hide behind a screen.

Pook

First they came for the Scottish-ish,
    and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a Scottish-ish.

Then they came for the tandemers,
    and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a tandemer.

Then they came for the non-helmetists,
    and I didn’t speak out because I wear a helmet.

Then they came for TJ
    and four big hitters started playing squash instead of tennis.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’m guessing there is a lot more to this than TJ is willing to make public… 😕

bigG
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find words that demonstrate how little of a shit I give about this guy being banned. He was warned, he kept doing it. So what?

And I appreciate the irony of posting that on this thread before anyone points it out.

BoardinBob

It’s actually quite embarassing that a man roughly the same age as my dad has managed to get himself a lifetime ban from an internet forum 😳

MrsToast
    Free Member

Awww, I liked TJ, even though he didn’t like dogs, so was technically a wrong ‘ un. 🙁

Tom-B
    Free Member

It’s actually quite embarassing that a man roughly the same as my dad has managed to get himself a lifetime ban from an internet forum

😆 My dad is 57….not sure how old TJ was but I’ds love to hear my old mans view on arguing on the interweb!

chiefgrooveguru

I’m struggling to find words that demonstrate how little of a shit I give about this guy being banned. He was warned, he kept doing it. So what?
    And I appreciate the irony of posting that on this thread before anyone points it out.

Saved some typing.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s actually quite embarassing that a man roughly the same as my dad has managed to get himself a lifetime ban from an internet forum

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking that.

Coyote
    Free Member

Hang on. “Life Time Ban”.

Is that ‘life time’ as in until he falls off the perch or ‘life time’ as in a frame warranty?

If the latter, he’ll be back inside a month.

Jamie
    Free Member

Farewell TJ, we hardly knew ye.

BoardinBob

My dad is 57….not sure how old TJ was but I’ds love to hear my old mans view on arguing on the interweb!

Roughly mid 50s I believe.

I too would love to hear my grumpy Irish father’s thoughts on internet arguing.

donsimon
    Free Member

Ah.. see.. he didn’t throw epithets around, but he sure as hell insulted the crap out of me. Some very offensive accusations on a personal level, and then he refused to acknowledge that he’d said anything out of order.

This too was witnessed.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

My dad would argue that it’s pointless unless you can digitally throw a fist and break the other blokes actual nose.

He’s just like that I’m afraid.

DavidB
    Free Member

I’d love to see the email he received.

I got a full page from a certain STW’er just for being part of a raiding party upon a parrot forum.

float
    Free Member

i quite liked tj. Agreed and disagreed with him in equal measure. He brought something to the forum.

Scamper
    Free Member

Not only get yourself banned from an internet forum but then broadcast it on FaceBook? 😯

Shame he’s banned mind, although I suspect his post count record will be safe for when he returns in ten years.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Jeez, compared to b3ta.com this place is positively fluffy.

TJ was never that bad, I had a few discussions with him on here and when he said something I disagreed with I simply asked him to explain his reasoning, which he gamely did and that was that.

He seemed alright to me, but a few people on here used to go out of their way to antagonize him.

druidh
    Free Member

TJ is in his very early 50s – not the dinosaur some of you are suggesting.

As he is no longer able to defend himself here, I think we should also have a lifetime ban for anyone who was taking the piss out of him or otherwise trying to stir things or get a cheap laugh by mentioning him in threads he had not even replied to.

You know who you are….

grtdkad

What’s to stop tj (or anyone else for that matter) creating a new account?

nealglover
    Free Member

1000 times this.

gwj72
    Free Member

Is he getting an OBE or something?

even after a banning he’s not giving in (via his agents). It was all *their* fault you know!

Squidlord
    Free Member

I think he’d be spotted quite quickly. And then banned again.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

grtdkad – Member

Easy enough to trace IP addresses I’d guess?

gwj72
    Free Member

Easy enough to trace IP addresses I’d guess?

Easy enough to change.

druidh
    Free Member

IP addresses are (mostly) dynamic.

Dancake
    Free Member

I once had a week’s ban for admitting I had a second Login with the username “verysexylady”

I got off lightly – Verysexylady got 999999 years

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

even after a banning he’s not giving in (via his agents). It was all *their* Thatchers fault you know!

FTFY 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Half of me says it’s a pity – he’s a huge wealth of knowledge on many things in life, and always happy to offer advice, especially on workplace issues. I recall at least one user pretty much attributing the fact he rescued his job to TJ’s on- and off-line help.

On the other hand, woe betide any thread on which he posted if his opinion differed to your own. There were certain types of thread that he destroyed just as efficiently as elfinmuppet, but without the comedy pictures.

On the whole, it’s a pity he couldn’t help himself, I’d agree with most here that on the whole, he’ll be missed.

mboy
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences

What’s been happenin’, I was out riding bikes! 😉

Northwind

zokes – Member

On the other hand, woe betide any thread on which he posted if his opinion differed to your own.

I’ve disagreed with TJ plenty of times and though he’s forceful with his opinion, somehow we both coped.

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s been happenin’, I was out riding bikes!

At 11:45pm? I call shenanigans. You were watching the review of the 2011-2012 Premier League season.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 318 total)

The topic ‘Big Hitter gets lifetime ban’ is closed to new replies.