Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • best way to loose belly fat
  • Jamie
    Free Member

The sweeteners in drinks like Pepsi Max are artificial. The body can’t recognize or process them so it treats them as a poison and creates fat to coat each molecule in order to protect the body. All artificial sweeteners are essentially evil and should be avoided at all costs.

I agree with this scientist.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yes, you’ve got to be in the right “zone”. No point exercising otherwise. 60 – 80% sounds right for fat burning, any other percentage and you’ll just be burning fresh air.

Here’s me at my alt. dance class “in the zone” (ironically, I’m just about to catch a bacon and sausage baguette!)

Jamie
    Free Member

No point exercising otherwise. 60 – 80% sounds right for fat burning, any other percentage and you’ll just be burning fresh air.

Worse than that, you actually put weight back on if you deviate from the 60-80% range.

Here’s me at my alt. dance class “in the zone” (ironically, I’m just about to catch a bacon and sausage baguette!)

Your picture is not showing, David. Here:

petrieboy

i lost 22lbs last year on i-dave/4hr body. never felt hungry, no weighing food, no craving sweeties or feeling i was depriving myself. loads of energy. all round win.
    id tried tracking calories and reducing portions and all that stuff (and I’ve always exercised a reasonable amount)but i found i was always either hungry (im a greedy fecker) or thinking about food. it was really slow too.
    i-dave/4hr just steers you away from the stuff that’s easy to over eat on and the stuff that makes you hungry. learning what foods do to you was the most important bit for me. i no longer stick to it religiously, but i know that if i eat a mars bar because i’m peckish at 3pm then its going to give me a spike, followed by a down then leaved me hungry until i get a proper meal (or hit the biscuits)
    let me know if you want the 4hr body audio book

theendisnigh
    Free Member

read
    ‘what if its all been a big fat lie’

Its not all about calories. A calorie is the heat energy given off when burnt. Coal is extremely high calorie, but it wouldn’t make you fat if you ate it. The human body doesn’t set fire to the food you eat.

Its true that excess carbs spiking blood sugar is the primary cause of obesity in the west. Not fat.

Artifical sweeteners are quite dangerous for some people. Lots of money to be made from them so its ok.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thanks Jamie, I think I look better in your smaller picture!

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. True.

funkrodent

Blimey. Didn’t set out to offend 🙂
    Its simple though, artificial sweeteners are bad for you and stimulate the body to produce fat. Best avoided then.
    If you want to exercise to lose weight/burn fat, then exercising in the way I outlined will generate the best results. Of course all exercise is beneficial per se, but overdo it and the body switches from burning fat to burning sugar. Given that the OPs question was about getting rid of his belly fat, I think that the clarification is justifiable.

Jamie
    Free Member

Its simple though, artificial sweeteners are bad for you and stimulate the body to produce fat. Best avoided then.

It’s just good science.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

If anyone does find a magic wand to make belly fat go (and love handles particularly!) I would love to know about it – been shifting it everywhere else but that bit is stubborn!

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Every January through to end of March I stop sugar, beer, bread and eat less carbs. In this time I eat as much meat, eggs, dairy and non starchy vegetables as I like. I lose all my belly fat doing that. I then enjoy the summer, drink like a maniac through December and I’m a bit fat again by January 1st.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

running is the simplest and a fairly quick way to lose belly fat.

You wont see or feel your abs until you have stripped the fat away from the stomach so dont bother with any “get ripped abs in 30 minutes” etc nonsense routines.

wallop

Yet you see so many skinny runners with flabby guts.

fasthaggis

Take the pie shop off speed dial 🙂

bones76
    Free Member

When your saying give up bread, are you meaning all breads?? I at the moment are using pitta bread instead of the usual loafs and so far would say the ones i am using are very tasty and i would like to say i am feeling much better for the switch and no where near as bloated…

tkirkus
    Free Member

For all you tweeters we’re discussing nutrition at 8pm (UK time) tonight. #MTBMonday

Tim
    Pure Mountains

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

green tea

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Back on the milk point.

Milk is designed by nature/evolution to turn small animals into big animals as quickly as possible.
    Calories in drinks are the worst for not filling you up.
    Most of the calories in milk are lactose (sugar).
    Milk’s probably as far from a weight loss drink as you can go!

Google the GOMAD (or less extream LOMAD) diet for a ‘good’ use of milk, for putting weight on rapidly!

fatlossburn703 – Member
    Its all about the diet. Check out fatlossburn.com to get you started. Any one who tries to give you a quick answer like running or eat less is not enough. You need to know what to eat and when to eat it. Body fat burns equally over your whole body it is impossible to target a specific section of your body to burn fat, therefore dieting is the answer. You can also try hypertrophy training for abs to make them more visible. In other words train you body HEAVY.

Eat more SPAM

BoardinBob
    Paceman
    Free Member

Surely skimmed milk is ok?

LoveTubs
    Free Member

A very simple start is to remove the hidden or extra sugar your consuming. None in tea or coffee for starters. Porridge with fruit (ummm strawberries and blueberries) for breaky (none of the processed rubbish such as cheerios etc) and cut the bread right down too.

No butter or cheese on your jacket spuds, crème fraîche (control with a teaspoon, 1 or 2 only) with olives or a little pesto can work.
    Forget pizza, café latte, muffins, tarts, yoghurts, crisps.

Put your frying pan in the bin now.

If you need to graze, graze on fruit.

Plenty of H2O.

You can have one cake per week, before the ride is best.

Enjoy 😉

PS: I went from just under 12st (my fighting wt) in Oct. ’12 to 13st in Jan FFS – based on that observation…..I hate Christmas.

Mounty_73

I had the ‘bulge’ in the middle of the body, so I gave up bread in November and I have cut down since then, its made a big difference.

I think I had a bread addiction and I was eating far too much. 🙂

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

skimmed milk is low fat, but still has large amounts of lactose (sugar) which if unused will get turned into fat by your body

Bimbler
    Free Member

iDave definitely works as does Paleo, I’m currently on the 5:2 diet not to lose (much) weight – currently 6’1 and 12.5 stone but because I was sold on the whole idea by a Horizon show

NHS blah on it

Gary_M
    Free Member

Alejandro Valverde (Spanish pro roadie) give this tip to a friend of ours: 20 mins very gentle exercise before breakfast. For me, that’s on the rollers and it seems to work. Add it to your current program and see how you get on.

Agree with that. If I want to loose any weight I do my twenty mile bike commute before eating, cup of espresso before I leave at the house, herat rate around 60% and the weight falls off. Commuted 4 days last week and together with myfitnesspal, cutting out snacks, and a bit of running I’ve lost 4.1kg since 27th December.

rj2dj
    Free Member

I’ve been trying myfitnesspal for the last week, I started by just trying to eat/drink what I normally would and seeing whether that was an unhealthy amount. Unfortunately I think just by recording what you’re consuming makes you limit what you have. You don’t need to record it that accurately, although myfitnesspal makes it incredibly easy with the a huge database of foods and the ability to scan barcodes etc.

I’ve lost 5lbs in 8 days, but I don’t imagine that trend will continue!

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

I was stuck at 13.5 stone for years. Im now happy at just under 12 which is pretty easy to do and shift a bit extra when I need to for racing. My waist is just under 30 inches and I am 6 ft, so pretty reasonable. Not really advice but it is just what works for me, in conjunction with doing some daily activity

A good approach for me is to be aware of which foods are energy dense as I think kcal ingested is 90% of it. You can make life easier by looking at the carbs you eat, as this affects hunger etc, its hard to sustain any eating habits where you are hungry. So bread is a good example of kcal you do not even notice eating. A few slices of bread with a meal seems like nothing, but it is 3-400kcal that you dont notice, a bit like fizzy drinks. So all the sensible things like veg are great as all that chewing takes time, the volume of it fills you up for a while and there is only a few kcal. Generally if you use ingredients rather than pre made stuff it is pretty easy.
    I have a fridge full of randon veg and salad, a joint of cooked meat.

Oh Im a fan of milk, gold top mainly. I like eggs too. I have found by trial and error they seem to help rather than hinder when I am losing weight.

jarvo
    Free Member

Only eat foods and consume drinks which are not advertised on television or radio … then you will be fine.

Solo
    Free Member

And I would NOT cut out milk. It’s probably one of the best drinks ever invented. Funny that!

And Humans are the only creatures who consume the milk of another species.

Milk is an Endocrine stimulant produced to promote growth in the young of whatever species you might be looking at. Which is why you see a drop off in the production of lactase in adults.

Carry on.

Shandy
    Free Member

And Humans are the only creatures who consume the milk of another species

Maybe other animals just haven’t figured out how to milk each other yet…

druidh
    Free Member

Glitch!

bellerophon
    Free Member

There was a comment about eating fruit earlier, which if you do eat be careful you don’t eat too much, you’d be suprised how much sugar they contain…

Don’t be scared of fat, obviously avoid the nasty ones like hydrogenated fat, in fact I avoid low fat foods as much as possible as I find them less good tasting and less satiating which can lead to eating more later in the day.

mrplow
    Free Member

So what is better for weekdays work lunch – a pint of whole milk or a can of diet coke?

Solo
    Free Member

There was a comment about eating fruit earlier, which if you do eat be careful you don’t eat too much, you’d be suprised how much sugar they contain…

Also, Fructose is processed in a unique manner, so when possible. The body will process fructose to be laid down as fat.
    Probably a distant survival strategy developed a long time ago.
    When most creatures fattened up during the summer months (ripened fruit availability) to see them through the lean winter months.
    Sent to hades in a hand cart in our modern era when fruit is piled high on super market shelves all year round.

Solo
    Free Member

So what is better for weekdays work lunch – a pint of whole milk or a can of diet coke?

A small glass of red with some cold meats.
    8)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You need to define ‘better’.

I prefer the taste of milk. So on that basis it wins. Although a glass of red and some antipasti sounds even etter 🙂

mrplow
    Free Member

Better = overall healthier option I guess. I recently changed from a can of diet coke every lunchtime to a cold pint of whole milk but people describe it as the devil’s piss on this thread.

Fetchezlavache
    Free Member

When my crohns flared up I lost 1/3 of my weight in under 6 months.
    If I can find a shop that sells it, I’ll post a link 😐

Gary_M
    Free Member

Only eat foods and consume drinks which are not advertised on television or radio … then you will be fine.

So special brew and turkey twizzlers are fine then?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

When my crohns flared up I lost 1/3 of my weight in under 6 months.

Sure it wasn’t the bad aids caught off some bloke you met in the dark at Hardcastle Crags car park?

Assuming you are the same fetchez of course 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘best way to loose belly fat’ is closed to new replies.