Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Best Value Hardtails
  • mattslegg
    Free Member

I guess what we class as good value is personal but for me its a decent frame with good geo fitted with nice wheels and components at a great price.

I think a great example of this is the Vitus Sentier VR. For the price this bike has an excellent component spec only let down slightly by geo and brakes.

Mounty_73

Watching with interest.

geordiesherman

Ooff…had one on order and bottled it (gutted like) for all round duties hence switched to a Vandal, loved my Scandal so fingers crossed 🤞

geordiesherman

Mines coming this week, how do you find the compliance and climbing abilities please?

scuttler

Sonder lineup? Plenty of hardtail choice, loads of build options and bargain titanium frames. I’ve no idea about the geometry but I expect you’ll find what you want on there.

Mountain Bikes

No idea what’s actually available now / soon.

a11y

For anyone looking for a burlyish, long geometry HT, the Norco Torrent has a good spec for the money if discounted. Like an A2 for £1,100 in large: https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Norco-Torrent-HT-A2-29-Nearly-New-L-2021-Hardtail-MTB-Bike_246086.htm

There was a higher-specced A1 for £1,120 in XL but that’s no longer available 😀

MINE!

johnjn2000

I will take your Zero29 and raise you the Forge If I didn’t have a Zero29 already I would be having one of these

Blackflag
    Free Member

I think its pretty obvious what is meant by best value hardtails. The “i own a faberge egg but i stare at it lots, so its good value” answers are a bit tedious and dont really help the OP.

cloggy

The Big Dog is very good value. Modern geo and rides nicely. The Scandal has sold out, it was even better value but had a weirdly slack seat angle, problematic for very short torso/long legs. Some Planet X’s latest geo looks out of the Ark. Short top tubes/long chainstays, and pairing a 130 fork with a 68.5 head angle? Backwards to the future since Brant left, still he sells decent socks……

desperatebicycle

Value – the yellow peril I just bought for £149 is the best value anything I’ve bought since I started riding! 😆

PSA: Discounted Pinnacle frames at Evans

zerocool

I think the reduced Pinnacles in Evans look pretty good. Once you factor in the price they look like the bargain of the month. Online reviews of the full builds were pretty good as well. And if you don my like it the frame was only £150 so can get something else, or upgrade it in a while when you know exactly what you’re after.

domtrax

@househusband – You any closer to getting your bike delivered yet?

@domtrax Glad to hear you’re happy with it – and were actually able to buy one! I’ve had one on order with Epic Cycles since mid-August and it still hasn’t arrived from Spain yet. I’d have liked to ordered locally as LBS only a few miles away is an Orbea dealer but he can’t get stock; he placed an order for 400 Orbea bikes for the 2021-2022 season and was told he’d get 35…

There are some left in various sizes from Leisure Lakes, who will deliver if you aren’t nearby to one of their shops. Worth a look perhaps!

househusband

@domtrax

Thanks, and they do indeed have the Large Laufey in stock! They must be in Orbea’s good books to get that stock allocation. Managed to get mine for £1572, so did make a saving.

Mine is now on the way from Spain now and might even arrive in time for a long weekend away in Aviemore with wife and dogs in two weeks… not pinning my hopes on it!

domtrax

Ah no worries, glad to hear that it’s not too far way now then! Enjoy it when it does arrive, hopefully on your trip to Aviemore.

matt_outandabout

+1 on tjagain.

Not in the same league, but I am now heading for 5 years with my Marin Nail Trail. It has taken an absolute beating, and now looks it, but apart from an iffy Shimano brake set it has worn well and proved a fun AND durable bike. Stuff has now worn out, but Things like properly built wheels and good tyres, full deore drivetrain etc mean it hasn’t broken prematurely. That and some reasonable maintenance….

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Best Value Hardtails’ is closed to new replies.