Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • beer advice
  • andrewni
    Free Member

Just been to tescos and got 2 blonde and 2 brun. Tbh 4 bottles looks like a lot, I reckon I sample one of each for starters.
    Ps – got a kebab too while I was out, I’m def going to hell now

Kevevs
    Free Member

sounds like a relaxin friday night in to me. get some tunes on. sorted. no doubt someone’ll be along to criticize your taste in music in a bit. hey ho. That leffe is moreish though 😉

stevehine

I’ve done the maths and worked it out – 10 x 440ml cans of Carlsberg (non export) is the equivalent of 2.57 750ml bottles of leffe brun or 2.53 bottles of leffe blonde.

Bear in mind that it’s almost twice as strong; you’ll find it suprisingly easy to drink it too quickly especially if you are used to that kind of volume …

Haze

Brune is best, then pop out to Asda (don’t drive!) and pick up some ‘blue’ Chimay…

hoodie
    Free Member

Kebab and a mix of leffe…If u don’t have the beer sh*ts tmoro your a machine !…slight hijack but anyone find bombadier gives them extraordinary wind…loud and offensive.

Pieface

I was going to say 4 bottles, all power to your elbow.

If you don’t get on with the Leffe try Heineken, thats a nice lager IMO.

Or try some pale / golden ales / IPA for something different.

hoodie
    Free Member

You can’t beat London pride or ESB or slightly sweeter, bath ales barnstormer…

andrewni
    Free Member

Opened a blonde first, quite impressed so far – a hell of a lot more going on taste wise when you’re used to carlsberg!

Haze

Carlsberg is piss.

But it gets worse, I’ve got 12 cans of Fosters to get through that someone bought as a Xmas present.

mountainlight
    Free Member

Bit of a distraction, but where can I get Ruby in England ?

crikey
    Free Member

Depends if she’s taken her love to town or not.

(I know, poor joke… coat getting in progress..)

bobbyg81
    Free Member

The Leffe blonde is a bit sickly after a couple. Get a hold of some Baltika. That is better for skelping a few back and enjoying being merry.
    Or maybe some Singha or Asahi if its just a change you’re after.

hoodie
    Free Member

Actually, forget beer if u wanna get pished, get three bottles of Henry Westons vintage cider. 8.2% of Appley badness. Lovely…

andrewni
    Free Member

It’s a bit of a change and something with a bit more flavour I’m after. I reckon I’m on the right lines with leffe, I tried various ales before but thought they were a bit sweet and sickly after a while. Can’t wait to get a go at the brun but I’m taking my time with this one first …

bobbyg81
    Free Member

This is torture! Im waiting on my mate coming round with the beers. He said 8 oclock!! 🙁

MussEd
    Free Member

Bobbyg81. – at least you’re getting some beer in. Diagnosed coeliac in the summer so pretty much restricted to cider now. You wouldn’t believe how tedious that becomes, or how quickly it is to reach(and ignore, then pass) your weekly limit. Ahem – sorry Nickf….

scruff
    Free Member

hoodie
    Free Member

Aspalls organic tho…isn’t it…mmmmm

hoodie
    Free Member

Cromer….circa 1996…pub nr the pier…7 pints of old peculiar…too late for food back at the campsite…5 day old pork pie off a mate.. killer trumps under canvas ensued…marvellous

marco
    Free Member

Nickf – please keep your comments to yourself. My brother died last year from liver disease, i found him in his flat after 5 days. Not the best experience i have had. Be constructive in your posts not just spouting off for the sake of it.
    Oh! and leave folk alone. if the guy wants to drink 10 cans of beer, lager, leffe, wifebeater so what?? does it affect you?

aracer
    Free Member

if the guy wants to drink 10 cans of beer, lager, leffe, wifebeater so what?? does it affect you?

The guy is probably somebody’s brother.

hoodie
    Free Member

STW….organising an argument about a piss up….

-Shines-
    Free Member

Mountainlight – I’m wondering the same thing. I love Ruby Leffe but can’t find in anywhere.

andrewni
    Free Member

Jaysus aracer, as I said earlier I don’t consider my Friday night escapades to be remotely dangerous of irresponsible I think your getting it a little out of proportion

Marco, I appreciate your pro choice attitude, it would seem that you could well be expected to have a much more extreme opinion.

On a lighter note, blonde has been dispatched, brun opened and sampled and I think I prefer it

TooTall
    Free Member

you don’t ‘savour’ leffe… it’s flippin beer, not a BJ

British lager lout stand up chucking it down yer neck Vs European quality savour it sit down drinking

I know which one I prefer. Probably best you stick to fizzy lager, fella.

aracer
    Free Member

I don’t consider my Friday night escapades to be remotely dangerous of irresponsible

Plenty of doctors would disagree with you.

andrewni
    Free Member

Plenty of doctors would disagree with you.

Are you one of them?

Pieface

Many doctors are very unhealthy.

If you can keep track of what you’re drinking you don’t have a problem 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I know which one I prefer. Probably best you stick to fizzy lager, fella.

sorry, not a fan of lager…
    tonight I have sampled the following:
    – St Peters Golden Ale
    – Hog’s Back TEA
    – St Austell Admiral’s Ale
    – Skinners Heligan Honey

The Admiral’s Ale was the best.

Got a St Peters The Saints Whisky Beer, but might leave that for another night.

scoob67
    Free Member

Brew Dog – Punk I.P.A. Heaven in a bottle. I’d rather have a bottle in front o’me than a frontal lobotomy.

Pieface

Not really a recommendation….

yodagoat
    Free Member

Next time see if you can find some of these to try.
    Trappist Rochefort,
    Chimay (any)
    Duvel
    Orval
    McChouffe,
    All nice belgian beers. Leffe have a Rose and a Tripple thats worth trying too. Hoegaarden is nice as well.

andrewni
    Free Member

Def prefer the brun to the blonde, which of the above list is more brun than blonde?

yodagoat
    Free Member

Trappist Rochefort, but they all taste different.

loum
    Free Member

Be careful with the trappist beer, a lot stronger than it tastes. 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

nice to hear you are enjoying your leffe andrewni! makes a change from the carlsberg eh! guess what, you haven’t fallen over in a drunken stupour.

andrewni
    Free Member

Kevevs,
    I’m suitably impressed, if I wake up dead tomorrow I’ll humbly accept “I told you so’s” from the naysayers but in reality I think I’ll survive. Back on the brun now, it’s def much better! Cheers! 😀

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Never rated the Leffe beers much – bar the Radieuse. There are so many nice Belgian beers but expensive here. Well worth visiting Belgium for the beers.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I find all the Leffes a bit cloying and treacle-y. Not really looking for such a hit of sweetness in a beer. Seem to taste a bit better on draught though, out of that swanky big glass.

Mind you, Carlsberg is at the opposite end of the beer taste spectrum, having very little other than a metallic chemical twang of an aftertaste. It Its stablemate, Tuborg, just shades it as the worst of the cooking lagers.

You should give a few wheat beers a go – something of a happy medium between the two, more refreshing than a lot of ales and not too sweet:

Weihenstephan
    Schneiderweisse
    Franziskaner
    Erdinger
    Erdinger Dunkel
    Hoegaarden

All available from most big supermarkets.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Well I reckon 10 tins of Carlsberg, half a bottle of white, a bottle of red and dancing about like a fanny to The Prodigy is a good night!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘beer advice’ is closed to new replies.