• This topic has 55 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Are you addicted to STW?
  • milky1980
    Free Member

The recent downtime this place has had with the works going on behind the scenes has got me wondering if some of us are!

I don’t know about others but I seem to display some of the symptoms associated with Facebook addiction but with here: checking it regularly throughout the day, first site I go to (most of the time) and the old classic “What would STW do/think?” question has crossed my mind when out and about more than once 😳

Not trying to get people to use the place less but do you find yourself wasting time on here a bit too regularly?

wwaswas

wasting time on here

time on here is never wasted!

just spent in a sub-optimal way.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.

fasthaggis

Would you like the dedicated helpline number?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Coke and hookers is now replaced with
    STW and Ale {artisan, of course]

bikebouy
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

Only if Junkyard is posting.

I’m a junkyjunkie.

Also, addicted to pictures of the Pope’s cat.

I’m a cataholic.

scuttler

Bertrand got your back brother

matt_outandabout

Maybe. 😳

zippykona

I did an STW free February.

the-muffin-man

STW?

Never heard of the place – is it new?

#denial

milky1980
    Free Member

I did an STW free February.

😯

Would you like the dedicated helpline number?

Please 😳 😆

wiggles
    Free Member

Chose the shortest month though… I’d say that is a sign of addiction

binners

As Richard Pryor famously said about coke (which I’m also addicted too, as long as there’s hookers)….

“Addicted? I aint addicted! I’ve been taking that shit every day for 22 years, and I ain’t addicted!!!

TheDoctor
    Free Member

With the free time I did spend more time on Zwift yesterday than is perhaps healthy. So I will jump in the maybe camp 😉

vongassit
    Free Member

footflaps

1. We admitted we were powerless over STW – that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

etc etc

Kryton57

Possibly. As I’m a travelling salesman I have no friends of course, so from time to time I can get some good advice from here and also enjoy the banter I don’t get elsewhere.

Less enjoyable is the character assasinations and inability of some people to play a straight bat on a non bike forum questions. I appreciate past history dictates, but it would be nice to ask non bike questions from time to time without the thread content attempting to lift humour from the past and becoming very boring.

funkmasterp

Definitely yes. I have it permanently open in a tab on my phones browser. In my defence it’s the only form of social media I use.

footflaps

without the thread content attempting to lift humour from the past and becoming very boring.

That’s part of the charm!

DezB
    Free Member

I think the word is ‘reliant’, rather than addicted.

Kryton57

That’s part of the charm!

Not if your minded to take it personally. Its quite depressing actually. A few people would should have a think about that when they are quick to the standard template piss take for some people around here (not just me).

Like the school bully syndrome, have a think how the recipient feels to receive that constantly.

bearnecessities

[Dude (that makes me sound cool, right?), it’s not character assassination, it’s taking the piss. I’m sure there are a few that just post nasty shit, but post a thread about what’s the best variety of red rose for an exposed location with acidic soil and some nob will call you a selfish git for using soil space that could be used to grow vegetables to give to the needy.

You do post with delightful predicableness on stuff, much in the same way I spent many years posting the most unconfident and needy shit on house renovation matters (I honestly didn’t know if ripping up a concrete path would someone effect something else with the house for example. The house that has been stood for a hundred years).

People took the piss. Accept your piss-taking qualities but don’t let them define how you feel about yourself, it’s generally banter (men do that as I’m sure you know, just doesn’t always translate well on the internet)

You’re married, got kids that love you and I’m sure nobody thinks of you as one of the ‘bad uns’ on here, the which of undoubtedly have more problems than everyone with RS6 aspirations on PistonHeads rolled together. You just dither and overthink; well sod me because none of us do that too much!

What your family thinks of you is important, nobody else.

Yours, Claire Raynor

Kryton57

Aw cheers. 😥 sniff…

legend
    Free Member

Notice that the Big Hitters managed to survive without a massive froth? Big Hitter private forum: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1887094398174242

bearnecessities

sniff…

Man up you pussy 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

I used to be addicted to stay, but then I discovered the Fat Lad at the Back Facebook group and I’ve moved onto the hard stuff!

Junkyard
    Free Member

used to be but much less frequent poster theses days

When its great its brilliant but a lot of it is fairly predictable- my responses included.

chewkw
    Free Member

No, because there are gazillions of stuff on the interweb to nose around.

For example, watching Youtbue movie is enough to pass/waste time.

Also most of the arguments/discussions/opinions/views have been recycled many times over. Nothing new really. A bit of excitement to start with but it is slowly getting rather predictable. 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

beats working.

i work 5weeks on on 5 weeks off in a compound in a foreign country … you may notice im more active at certain points in time…..

they coincide highly with my periods of work ….. far too busy in my own time to be on here very much 😉

Cougar

doesn’t always translate well on the internet

We’d all do well to remember this, I think. It’s easy to take something written the wrong way, react badly, the OP thinks “WTF is his problem?” and bites back, and we have a 20 page argument over nothing.

I’m certainly guilty of it on occasion. I snapped at sbob yesterday, then caught myself and deleted the post, but not before some observant soul spotted it and outed me. Mia culpa.

I also tend to forget that people don’t know me in “real” life. If something I say can be taken two ways and one of them makes you upset or angry then I probably meant the other one.

Probably. (-:

Cougar

Notice that the Big Hitters managed to survive without a massive froth? Big Hitter private forum:

Wow, I never knew that existed.

simondbarnes

Wow, I never knew that existed.

I’d forgotten that it did.

rOcKeTdOg

Invite only apparently 😐

simondbarnes

Invite only apparently

Well someone invited you 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Nope.

ton

i find the forum
    helpful
    entertaining
    and relaxing.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

A bit like a digestive biscuit, STW is the perfect accompaniment to a mug of tea.

tomhoward

Nope.

Your intervention worked then?

I like to think of myself as a functioning addict, and y’all are my enablers. So thanks for that.

rOcKeTdOg

simondbarnes – Member
    Invite only apparently
    Well someone invited you

Must be a clerical error, I’m no big hitter

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Are you addicted to STW?’ is closed to new replies.