Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Apologies, regret and trying to put things right.
  • riderdown
    Free Member

Hi all.

A while back my life took a turn for the worst and I was in a really bad place. I don’t want to go over that all again but people on here reached out and helped me through.

In particular one group of people lent me a bike after I had to sell mine to help pay towards rent and medical help for my wife.

I never got round to returning that bike and then a house move to a bungalow due to my wife’s arthritis meant somethings went into storage including the bike at my parents in laws house.

I really want to get the bike back to the people who helped me and apologies for the complete unfairness in me returning what was such a kind and thoughtful offering. Getting out and riding that bike helped clear my head and pull me back from a really dark place.

I can’t find old email account or addresses and just want to get the bike back and maybe help some others.

If you were involved please reply to this message, I’m in a much better place now, my wife is on biological that seem to be helping and I’m the proud father of two amazing children.

I’m so sorry to the people I let down and so thankful for their and everyone’s kindness.

There is one person in particular who arranged the bike and I’d love to get the bike back to him and if he will
    Let me donate £25 to a charity of his choice.

Again, I can’t apologies enough for those I let down.

Ian

scaredypants

Hi Ian,

Takes time to get things straight in your head, as well as in your physical life.

I don’t remember “your” thread and I can’t find it – did you have a different username then ?

riderdown
    Free Member

Yeah, I must have, I looked in my history and it must have been my old one

Poopscoop

How many years back op? Any idea of your user name back then.

Also want to say, very glad you and yours are in a better place.

This forum is very, very special on occasion. 👍

w00dster

Rings a bell, wasn’t Scotroutes was it?
    I know it was one of the longer serving members of the forum who was also appears to be a good chap.

NZCol

Scotroutes

riderdown
    Free Member

Yeah I believe it was, is he still on here? Thank you guys.

I still battle everyday but the boys give me focus and a need to survive. I can’t remember who it was who told me about CBT either but that made such a difference.

If there is anyone going through anxiety and depression please don’t let it define you. Reach out, seek help and talk.

Yes I take a pill everyday now, and I have coping tactics that still need breaking but without the advice I got and the help I’ve since received I can honestly say I wouldn’t be here making this apology.

funkmasterp

I too think it was Scotroutes. Glad you’re in a better place OP

Poopscoop

Yes, scotroutes is very much still on here. He is probably doing doing some insanely long ride today or such.😁

As for what you mention in your last post,I couldn’t agree more.

Esme
    Free Member

Was it this thread?

No, here’s the original thread

Good to hear you’re now in a better place

metalheart
    Free Member

Riderdown, glad to hear there is an explanation for it all (they are my forks and seat pin iirc).

It was Scotroutes that organised the whole thing but I think he’s out on CL thang atm.

I’ll drop I’m an email to let him know.

m h

riderdown
    Free Member

Ah Metalheart then a massive thank you to you as well and a heartfelt apology from someone who wished he could have put things right earlier.

If we can maybe all chose a charity to put the money to that would be amazing. I’d really like to try and support someone else going through a hard time. By no means am I out the other side but I’m in a much better place for my boys and me

metalheart
    Free Member

riderdown, if it helped you when you were in a dark place then that’s all the thanks that personally I need. I’ve no 26” bike to fit them to so no issue for me…

Scotroutes has sentimental attachment to the “onion” so he no doubt will be pleased with its return.

So glad your situation has improved.

riderdown
    Free Member

I just hope he can forgive me for the amount of time it’s taken and the lack of contact. Hopefully now I can get it back to him and he can forgive me.

metalheart
    Free Member

“Mistakes are forgivable if you have the courage to admit them” – Bruce Lee.

Scotroutes is a decent sort. Everybody loves a happy ending 🙂

bedmaker

Scotroutes is a decent sort. Everybody loves a happy ending 🙂

You saying he’s more Thai bike than Ti bike?

I heard he’s busy at watersports today.🌊

Houns

Good to see you, I don’t think scotroutes will be bothered at all and just glad you’re ok

scotroutes

First of all, Ian – glad to hear you are through (some of) your troubles. If my loaner was in any way a help in that, then any delay in getting it back to me is completely forgivable.

As metalheart says, the frame has much sentimental value for me so I’ll be glad to have it back. I’ll also be glad to return other bits to their original owners – something I’d felt a bit guilty about.

A charitable donation is a nice idea. I was out “riding” earlier today, trying to do the Cairngorms Loop 300. I abandoned on account of the river crossings getting a bit too dodgy

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h8t5uu]A bit wet out[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

but I’m aware that those in the Mountain Rescue Teams put themselves at risk on a regular basis for those of us “enjoying” the outdoors, so I’d like to nominate the Cairngorms Mountain Rescue Team, if that’s OK with you.

https://cmrt.org.uk/

PM me (yes, there’s a PM function now) and we can arrange delivery etc,

Thanks for stepping up to this, not easy after such a delay.

Colin

riderdown
    Free Member

Hi Colin. I think the mountain rescue would be a fantastic place for me to donate.

The loaner helped more than you can ever imagine and knowing I’d let those down who had helped me through some on my toughest times made running away the cowards approach to the situation.

I can’t wait to get the bike back to you, I’ll never forget what it meant to me when it arrived and gave me the escape I needed.

I didn’t even know you could pm. I’ll look now an sort how we can get the bike back to you.

singletrackmind

Wheres the ‘like’ button, is it somewhere on Dracs iPad because I caanot locate it on my laptop?

Poopscoop

See, this is why I’d be bloody upset if this forum ever disappeared.👍

ceept

Riderdown,
    Are you still near Stockport? If so, I might be able to get it back as far as Perth if it helps Scotroutes?

weeksy

I don’t need the cranks back.

riderdown
    Free Member

Hi, I am stockport still mate.

I’m not sure where or how close that would get it but I really appreciate the offer.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Are you still near Stockport? If so, I might be able to get it back as far as Perth if it helps Scotroutes?

I’m in Perth and travel around a bit so could probably get it close to wherever scotroutes is.

riderdown
    Free Member

It would be amazing to get it back via the forum so I know it’s safe.

It’s up to Colin though, if he’d rather me box it up I can too.

Thank you everyone

ceept

Great, we can wait for Scot routes response, then go from there 🙂

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I genuinely hope everything works out for everyone involved.

SaxonRider

Best thread for a very long time.

Glad you’re coping, @riderdown. I sympathise with your struggle. Just never stop calling out for help if you need it.

lowey

Brilliant.

I cant recall the thread that originated, but this is just the thing that makes this forum. In times of need… there are some great people on here.

Wish you and yours all the very best Riderdown.

deadkenny
    Free Member

See, this is why I’d be bloody upset if this forum ever disappeared.👍

This 👍

Quirky place but amazing community when people are in need and pretty honest bunch.

duncancallum

I’m Bolton n spend alot of time up in Ae and Dumfries so can get it that far

riderdown
    Free Member

A massive thank you to the people offering to help get the bike back to Colin.

I’d love to get this arranged and get it back to him as soon as possible.

If there is anyone who can help get it from here back to him that would be amazing.

I don’t mind delivering it t as far as needed if there are people heading up to near him in Aviemore.

Thank you again everyone

easily
    Free Member

I’ve just read this and the original threads. I’m not crying, but my eyes are a little moist … LOOK, I’M NOT CRYING, OK?

I’m glad I found this place. Well done to everyone involved. And riderdown: congratulations, and glad to read you’re in a better place.

PiknMix
    Free Member

If you can get it to Perth, I’ll drive it up to Aviemore on my day off. 🙂

BigJohn

This has made my morning!

It’s great to feel a weight off your shoulders.

scotroutes

Ian, any progress on this? I have this weird notion of setting the bike up singlespeed for pootling about in the winter. I think I still have some spiky 26″ tyres in the garage.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Lets hope Ian is as genuine as he made us all think as 3 weeks have passed and I’d of expected to have seen this back with it’s owner .it’s all good and well posting and offering £25 for charity but if it was me I’d be wanting to sort this out and I’d of ensured the bike was back with it’s owner .
    Not good .I hope to be proved wrong

MartynS

3 years has passed quick…

glad to see your in a better place now. The offer of s ride still stands, always will.

l’ll almost certainly be heading to Perth From New mills in November dates TBC but probably about the 8th  if that’s any help getting a bike back up north…

Poopscoop

Has someone PMed him as he might not be checking the forum?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Apologies, regret and trying to put things right.’ is closed to new replies.