Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone use Flavourly?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I haven’t before but placed an order for a box of mixed beers on the 7th of May.

I’ve tracked my parcel; they use Hermes and the current status is “We’re expecting your parcel”
    In other words Flavourly haven’t got my beers to the courier yet. I know we’ve had a BH weekend but I don’t think it unreasonable to expect my lovely beers to be en-route by now.

Any tales of woe or good experiences?

Cheers!

robbo1234biking

Hmmmm I placed on order back on the 4th May. On the 7th May it was with Hermes and not going anywhere. I got in touch with Flavourly and they finally responded to me about an hour ago stating that the box was damaged in transit and they were organising a replacement asap.

Im not hopeful as looking on the internet there are a lot of tales of woe mostly relating to Hermes actually delivering the goods.

Will see if the second box turns up!

Meantime I placed an order with vocation brewery last night about 9pm. By 10 am this morning DHL had picked up and said they are going to deliver tomorrow! Got a bit more confidence in DHL so much better customer service so far!

zilog6128

Bought from them last year, turned up next day so probably a Covid issue. Beers were reasonable but not amazing. Had a few colabs with Tiny Rebel in the box which was the only real reason I ordered. Decent VFM if you’ve ordered via a good offer but I probably wouldn’t bother again.

Don’t buy many supermarket beers personally but the craft ranges there are so good now (particularly Morissons & to a lesser extent Tesco apparently) so you can actually choose what beers you want I really don’t know why anyone bothers with these “curated” boxes! Don’t think you even save any money buying them really.

Underhill
    Free Member

I’ve ordered with Flavourly a few times pre-lockdown and the service was always good enough. To be fair though, I’ve never really had any trouble with Hermes either so perhaps I’m just fortunate

robbo1234biking

Few others on this thread who have had issues:

Best online beer shops?

jeffl

I ordered some last Christmas. As people have said the service was fine. The beers were Ok but didn’t blow my socks off. Beer52 have lots of interesting beers that you wouldn’t necessarily try. Does cost more than flavourly though.

Watty

Yep, just had my first case. The 2 day delivery took 7. As zilog says, it’s probably a covid issue.

MartynS

I’ve used them, and have an order in at the moment.

delivery was 5-7 days last time, our Hermes driver isn’t to bad so they were intact!

the beers not bad, I had a couple in one case I didn’t particularly like and a couple that were 2.5% which is basically water..,

another massive thumbs up for https://www.vocationbrewery.com

heart and soul and pride and joy are favourites

likewise

https://www.rudgatebrewery.co.uk/

do Some very Nice beer, Jorvik and valkerie are my choice

both of the above do really quick dispatch.

ssboggy

I’ve used them and had a similar experience to robbo1234, delivery had still not arrived after 5 days so got in touch and Hermes had damaged it but not told anyone.
    The replacement was sent but Hermes made a right mess of delivering that too, they kept sending emails with delivery slots but not keeping to them.
    Beer is good but will probably find someone else who doesn’t use Hermes.

househusband

Ordered 30th, arrived yesterday…

frankconway

Two recent (positive) experiences – vocation brewery, good beers esp raspberry weisse, rapid delivery; Itchen Valley Brewery, again good beer and rapid delivery (next day).

jkomo

Our local brewery has a regular delivery trick to our village. It’s the best bottled beer I’ve ever had. They will ship outside of North Oxford as well!

Homepage

The blue and old blue are my favourites. Nice dark beers, not hoppy.

ElShalimo

My Flavourly order arrived a few minutes ago. We’re lucky as the local Hermes delivery person is really good. She’s very reliable.

maccruiskeen

I’ve tracked my parcel; they use Hermes and the current status is “We’re expecting your parcel”

On account of this whole plague thing courier services are pretty inconsistent – both in terms of delivery and collection. Its not necessarily the case that  the vendor hasn’t bothered to dispatch the goods it more likely means the courier co don’t have the resources to collect. I’ve been shipping a fair few things this week. Locally to me Parcelforce aren’t collecting any large parcels (either from the door or from post offices) even though their system lets you book them in, and UPS are only making collections one day a week – again thats not clear when you book. A package I dropped off at a UPS drop point last week is still sitting there and won’t start its journey til tomorrow.

stever
    Free Member

I had a few cases a year or 2 ago, couple of duffers that they refunded. Then I had a whole batch way past it’s best that went down the sink. Half hearted offer of a partial gift voucher. This stuff was rank though, they lost me then. Maybe I was just unlucky.

robbo1234biking

2nd parcel arrived today so about 2 weeks since I ordered including one failed package (damaged by Hermes). Biggest issue is 3 days to reply to comms but they must be struggling.

derek_starship
    Free Member

My beers have not yet reached Hermes or should I say haven’t been collected?

Good job there are other sources for beer!

I got a reply from Flavourly after 72 hours. Reading through the layers of waffle, idioms and Americanisms; it basically said C19 has sent our order book through the roof. You’ll get your booze but I can’t tell you when.

earl_brutus

on my 3rd case from them, first one was a mixed bag but then found some offers for moor beer which is amazing stuff and go through 2 cases. generally take 5 -7 days to arrive after order which I can live with

derek_starship
    Free Member

So, here we are fifteen days after ordering and my beers have still haven’t been passed to the courier.
    What a load of shite.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Must be your area, I’ve had 2 deliveries after signing up beginning of the month, one mix pack and one taster pack.

Not blown away with the beer selection so far, but it cheaper than me picking my own beer….

zilog6128

So, here we are fifteen days after ordering and my beers have still haven’t been passed to the courier.

have you actually emailed or spoken to them? Possible that it’s been lost in a corner of the warehouse & forgotten about!!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Update after sending second email.

Remember, I ordered on May 7th:

Thank you for getting in touch with us today.

I’m really sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your order. I have investigated this for you today, and would like to resolve this for you as soon as possible.

Your order is showing as having been dispatched from our warehouse – but our courier’s tracking system is showing that they have not received your parcel. As such, we will now be considering this parcel missing. I’m really sorry about this.

I’ll be investigating this situation with the courier so that we can make sure this does not happen again in future. However that may take a little time – and I’m aware that you have already waited much longer than we’d like for your parcel. With this in mind, I’ve arranged an immediate replacement to be sent out to you ASAP.

ji
    Free Member

I have had one case with no issues. Preferred the beer from Itchen Valley though (and you are also supporting a fellow STW member as well – see the sticky thread).

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Well canceled my sub after the 2nd delivery…. mixed subscription and was only delivered pales one of which I had last month, hardly a craft beer discovery subcription……

Maybe I was asking too much.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Flavourly?’ is closed to new replies.