Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Best online beer shops?
  • Pauly

Any recommendations that do a range of good, interesting beers?

Cheers in advance!

peteimpreza

Beerhawk would be worth looking at, not sure if they are the best as there are a few out there and I have not tried them all.

Cowman

https://raynvillesuperstore.co.uk/

Have just launched their online shop.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Beer52 are a grumpy lot if you try to unsubscribe and make you wait ages before answering the phone which is the only way to unsubscribe.

impatientbull

HonestBrew have a very good selection, but they use Yodel for delivery so you might find your package “signed for” and hidden behind the bins/under the car. At the moment I’m ordering direct from the breweries, most of whom have increased their direct sales of late. It is often cheaper buying direct.

BillMC

I’ve found the beer shops to be the expensive middleman and that the breweries that do online have been good. I have had deliveries from: Skinner’s, Vocation, Thornbridge, Five Points, Oakham Ales and all do a variety of beer styles and are sensibly priced. I can only imagine these £10 a can of novelty beer offers are only there to make the rest look ‘cheap’.

white101

If the brewery has a good range of beers, just go direct. Or try your local bottle shop, many up in the north east/yorkshire are doing local deliveries from their existing stock and whatever new stuff they get in. Breweries seem to be getting orders out no problem.

peteimpreza

Going direct is also to be recommended.

If you sign up to the Tiny Rebel newsletter they will give yo 10% of your first order.

peteimpreza
    Nick
    richmtb

Beerhawk are an absolute rip off. A lot of their stock is pretty mainstream craft beers that you can get much cheaper in the supermarket.

Order direct from the brewery.
    I’ve recently got stuff delivered from Vocation , Drygate and Brewdog. Most of the time it ends up cheaper than the supermarket (so long as I avoid the temptation of expensive special editions)

househusband

I’ve been using Beerwulf rather lots over the last few years… deliveries can take a few weeks at the moment but I do like some of the beers that aren’t available elsewhere.

sl2000

https://www.gunbrewery.co.uk/gun-brewery-shop based in sussex but deliver nationally.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve recently had a delivery of 15 mixed bottles/cans from Beer Hawk and as mentioned above, it wasn’t particularly cheap for whats turning out to be pretty average stuff (mainstream I don’t mind in the slightest as long as its decent).

Going to just put a massive order in with Brewdog next time I think and stick with something I know I like. Had a load from Magic Rock as well and that seems to be mostly pretentious filth, some of which was borderline undrinkable.

howard8703

I second Raynville, they do local Leeds deliveries too or can collect – becareful though you might end up spending more than you wanted 🙂 ( i certainly did )

Also check out the local breweries too!

howard8703

Also, Morrisons is good for beers!

toby1

Had a load from Magic Rock as well and that seems to be mostly pretentious filth, some of which was borderline undrinkable.

I have to drop into this that Magic Rock Saucery is pretty much my favourite beer at the moment, so I think it depends on your taste and we are all different of course though 🙂

I also tend to buy from a supermarket or direct from the Brewery, I have a delivery on the way from Siren at the moment, but that wasn’t particularly cheap, these are more beers to savour than to neck!

frankconway

Beer recommendations please

Thread’s been running for several days.

richmtb

All the big supermarkets have a good range of craft beer these days. Some obviously have deals with the brewers.

Tesco have got some exclusives with Brewdog and Magic Rock and have a good range from Vocation and Drygate.

Morrisions seem to have a deal with Allendale and Wild Beer

I’ve only ever seen Beavertown in M&S.

ffej
    Free Member

I’ve only ever seen Beavertown in M&S

Sainsburys stock Beavertown. 7.50 for 4 when I was in last.

duncancallum

Vocation brewery

Beerwulf

sv

Drygate just got an order! STW strikes again 🙂

cheers_drive
    jca

Drygate just got an order!

Crate of Tennents Light? Wasn’t expecting to see that amongst the options…

Killer
    Free Member

have to shout out for local Abbeydale Brewery in Sheffield. (particularly as the missus is in charge of the on-line shop)
    Free local delivery (local Sheffield area) and courier delivery across the country

http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk

sunnrider
    Free Member

Beergium is great for trying out stuff from all over Europe and the US. Prices are decent and postage is good too. Cheaper than some of the UK options even including delivery.
    https://www.beergium.com/en/

johndoh
    Free Member

I find Aldi is the best (certainly the cheapest) but randomly Sainsbury’s always seem to have some cheap ones hidden away if you look.

kynasf
    Free Member

I order from belgiuminabox.com. Good selection of all the usual Belgian beers but also a lot of small brewers. Dpd delivery is €10 for up to 31.5kg, which is a fair few bottles!

rOcKeTdOg

I can heartily recommend Brum brewery

https://www.birminghambrewingcompany.co.uk/

Currently enjoying a blonde Brummy, their confused Brummie white stout is lovely & as a lager hater I love their Stirchley lager!

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Sainsburys stock Beavertown. 7.50 for 4 when I was in last.

Lucky you. My local Sainsbury’s charges £8.50 for Neck oil and Gamma Ray.

Brew dog is £5.50 for 4 Punk IPA.

darksideby182

Tesco do 4 packs (normally £6) 2 for £9 this includes a 6 pack of of Pistonhead that’s normally £8 but 2 for £9.

Also Asda seem to do a similar offer but 4 packs are between £5-6.

kuman
    Free Member

I like my craft beer and have been drinking much more since lockdown. I use my local bottle shop that do deliveries, also use Hoptimism (great selection) or go direct from breweries when fresh beer goes online like Deya, Cloudwater, Polly’s etc.

ElShalimo

I think some of you have missed the point. If it’s 4 for £6 in the supermarket, how much do you think the brewery get?

I  don’t know the answer but they must get more if you order directly from them. In these strange times go direct if you can, we want the breweries to be there when this shitty situation is over.

erictwinge
    Free Member

Beer52 are a grumpy lot if you try to unsubscribe and make you wait ages before answering the phone which is the only way to unsubscribe

yet if you just cancel the direct debit they phone you up non stop every day for months!!

erictwinge
    Free Member

watching Better Call Saul im craving a crate of Modelos!

im a big fan on Northern Whisper stuff atm, esp Yammerhouse and chinwayg.

looking forward to their new tap room opening near me!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Just put an order in with gunbrewery, thanks to the recommendation above.

jree
    Free Member

I want to leave beer 52. Can’t get through and now I hear they’re a nightmare. Should I just cancel the DD with an email telling them?

bearnecessities

I kept hearing they were a nightmare.

I sent them an email asking to cancel on Friday and got a very nice one back on Monday confirming that they had done and the usual offer of a discount if I wanted to come back. Checked the account and it had indeed been cancelled, so no complaints here.

Nice beer too, but some duds in there that didn’t make it worth the full whack for me.

Pauly

Ok, thanks everyone for recommendations. Orders placed with Beer Merchant for some obscure sour beers for SWMBO, Thornbridge & Drygate. Supporting the breweries direct as well as an online retailer offering the choice needed. Far bigger range available from Thronbridge & Drygate than I have seen anywhere, including small independents.

For anyone interested in a volume buy at a good price then Aldi do 4 x pint cans of Holsten for £4.

Stay safe.

Sui
    Free Member

sunnrider
    Beergium is great for trying out stuff from all over Europe and the US. Prices are decent and postage is good too. Cheaper than some of the UK options even including delivery.
    https://www.beergium.com/en/

just to give you an idea, most of those Euoprean beers can be had for around £1 per bottle (33cl) in the warehouse 40 mins drive from Calais. Their markup is huge!

I will say, on a recent trip to Detroit, the US craft beers were $$$ – i was paying anywhere from $7-$12 a bottle in the hotel.

I was getting the odd box from Naked wines (Beers), but that part has now folded due to not being able to compete at all, however they did have some really good beers coming out of Scotland, mainly IPA’s, but also some really good fruit inspired types – wish i could remember the names of them!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Best online beer shops?’ is closed to new replies.