Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 599 total)
  • Anyone fancy joining up with Zwift “build me up”, to start 7th Feb…?
  • DrP

well..as it was a group ride i took some photos 😀

!!!!

DrP

ta11pau1

The legs are feeling it this morning!

I was thinking about starting intermittent fasting, 16 hours from 8pm to 12pm, but not after last night’s near 1000kcal effort!! 🤣

Weighed in at 82kg dead this morning so I’m officially at 3w/kg 😁

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Did the pedalling drills workout tonight, meh. Served as a nice warm up for a blast around Richmond afterwards though.

jodafett

That’s cool….

But remember… these plans are hard to fit in, so sometimes YOU need to get it in the diary and YOU take priority… time never ‘appears’… we need to make time….!

Was that a DrPep talk? Consider me pepped 😂😉

twonks

I’ve stolen the Apple TV 4K from the living room as we never use it.

No excuse now for the next group ride 🙂

ta11pau1

Nice, only issue with the Apple TV is the remote, but you get used to it after a while. Not had a single crash.

Rest day for me today.

DrP

Was that a DrPep talk? Consider me pepped 😂😉

Ha! Trying my best to be peppy!!

No rest for me today 😬😬 running from Worthing to Brighton with the OH in a bit as half marathon training!

DrP

Creg

Pedal Drills done.

Was a reasonable way to cool down after the final DoddieAid ride.

Might aim for a z2 100km tomorrow if I can be arsed. Then a rest day on Monday and the fun begins again…I think

ta11pau1

Yeah next week is a decent step up, 2x ‘easy’ rides at 68 & 73 TSS (1hr long) and then a 90 and a 105 (orange unicorn… oof!).

DrP

Wassup y’all..

You all got your training schedule in your diaries??

My plan is:
    What goes up – Monday PM
    REAL LIFE RIDE – Tuesday pm
    Half Vems – either wed or Thursday, 1815 (Group ride)
    Mush mash – Friday am
    Orange unicorn – Sunday 0830 (group ride)

Anyone up for joining in??

DrP

crossed

I’l probably try to jump on the group ride next Sunday, my shifts for this week mean I’m just going to have to squeeze in rides whenever I can.

I completed Red Unicorn this morning but I think I may have my FTP set a bit low, my average HR was only 131bpm which seemed a bit low for the session.
    I might wait another week or two then do another ramp test to see where it puts me. No point in doing the plan if my FTP’s set too low.

seriousrikk

Doing the big one today.

Pedalling drills don’t work so well on flat pedals – doh. Looks like some cheap spd pedals and shoes are on the shopping list then.

reluctantjumper

I might have a tough time of fitting everything in this coming week as I start a new job on Monday so don’t know how much time I’ll have in the evenings. Still got Devedeset to do from week one today! Will just do them as I find time and see what’s left by the weekend, I do have a IRL ride planned for the Saturday though so that might make things complicated.

ta11pau1

I’d be in for a Weds/Thurs group ride, 6:30ish is ideal.

I’ll be spreading the rest out, one Monday evening, one Tuesday – then one of the 90 min rides at the weekend.

8:30 on a Sunday is waaay too early for me 😁

zilog6128

Sign me up for the group ride! Either wed or Thursday is fine. Agree 8.30am sun is far too early, but would attempt it – gets it out of the way at least 😀

vinnyeh

Missed the group ride unfortunately due to unexpected family taxiing requirement. Thursday is better than Wednesday for me, Id have to bail early. Does it make any difference if you start the workout early then join the group ride- I’m guessing the rides aren’t synced in any way except putting you in the same place on the course on screen- ie I can start my workout, join the ride at the appropriate time, continuing my workout and leave when workout finishes?

Going to change the saddle on the bike this afternoon to an ISM job then do the pedalling drill- not sure whether it’s going to be a change for the better, but I figure that if i don’t like it then it’s only half an hour of discomfort rather than an hour and more.

reluctantjumper

Just finished the Devedeset workout, that was tough keeping the cadence in the zones! A good way to end the first week though, not too tough to destroy the motivation but got the legs burning nicely.

I’ll accept invites for the midweek and Sunday morning group rides if they’re going ahead, definitely make the Sunday one but midweek will depend in a few things.

@vinnyeh
    – you can’t start a workout until you’ve joined the meetup so that won’t work sadly.

DrP

Invite for Wed pm for out.. halfvems, so more steady and consistent than last Thursday..
    Group motivation will be great if you found devedset a bit samey!

DrP

ta11pau1

Nice, cheers @DrP

Mishmash for me tonight, Halvfems Wednesday, What goes up… Thursday and Red Unicorn at the weekend.

DrP

Oof… “what goes up” was HARD today!

Did it outside (as in.. trainer in the garden!)…

Tough, but finished it!

How’s everyone else?

All got this week’s session penciled in the diaries?

Drp

reluctantjumper

Just completed the same workout, it’s an utter bastard with the low cadence at the end! Probably not the best workout to do the night before the last STW race if the season that involves a big climb, my legs are totally ruined.

iamtheresurrection

Halfvems. That was ******* horrible tonight.

ta11pau1

Mishmash done. The legs were really feeling that towards the end! 🥵

One of the changes in today’s update:

Increased the Workout FTP Bias range from +/- 10% to +/- 25%.

vanilla83
    Free Member

What goes up, must come down done today

Last 9 mins is tough.

ta11pau1

I’m sensing a theme with these workouts, mishmash had 60rpm/100rpm (1 min each, 6 reps) intervals right at the end too…

J-R

Where do we see the invite for this weeks session(s)?

DrP

I’ve sent it out in companion… you not got it.. I’ll check.. hang on…

DrP

Edit.. invite sent!

J-R

Thanks DrP. As I did Halfverns already I may join you but do another of the 1hr workouts instead – if my legs haven’t fallen off from the STW Zwift Race tonight

tomnavman
    Free Member

I’ve not joined the training plan, but could you invite me to the group workouts? Now TdZ has ended I need some more structured motivation to get me on the bike! Thanks

zilog6128

@tomnavman you’re in luck as I’ve just read that, following the latest Zwift update, all the Build Me Up, Pebble Pounder, and Gran Fondo workouts are now available on-demand, rather than having to join the training program and complete them at the appropriate time as was previously the case!

DrP

Tom.. what’s your zwift id dude ..

DrP

tomnavman
    Free Member

@zilog6128 – it was reading the release notes this morning which made me think of it!

@DrP
    https://www.zwift.com/uk/athlete/97240f95-e206-48a4-b21e-554ecc593453 / Tom Baker (STW)

Thanks!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Just finished What goes up, must come down….last set was all over the place, down in the 40’s rpm then it seemed Zwift would take pity on me and I was spinning again. Up when I was meant to be down and vice versa, brutal. Definitely did not get a star for that (2nd) last interval.

DrP

Oof… wouldn’t want to be pinned down with low rpm there!

Bravo!

DrP

crossed

Halvfems done this morning. Not too taxing but I was starting to feel it by the last couple of intervals.
    I originally planned to do What Goes Up today but I’ve got a 12h shift later today and don’t fancy doing it with wrecked legs! I’ll save it until my day off on Friday.

@DrP
    Can you ping me an invite for Sunday’s group ride please? I’m off work so should be able to make it.

DrP

Sounds good… what’s your zwifticles name buddy?

DrP

zilog6128

yeah I will also attempt to make the sun Meetup if I could have an invite please!!

DrP

Will bash out Sunday am invites later tonight…

Remember; all joining the workout tonight (ideally Halfvems, but if you’ve done it..whatevs!!!) the process is:
    Start zwift
    DON’T PICK A WORKOUT
    Start a ride
    Joint the meetup at 15min to go..
    GO TO MENU, AND THEN PICK THE WORKOUT
    Carry on waiting on the blue virtual turbo until go time!

You know it’s right when the workout ‘components’ are on the left of the screen as you wait..

DrP

reluctantjumper

Doubtful I’ll get home in time for tonight’s group workout I’m afraid. Enjoy if you can, might get lucky and make it but I doubt it!

crossed

@DrP my Zwift name is Graeme STW

Ta very much!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 599 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.