Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 599 total)
  • Anyone fancy joining up with Zwift “build me up”, to start 7th Feb…?
  • ta11pau1

Can you spin up on the virtual turbo before the workout/session starts without it triggering the workout to start?

I noticed you got out the gates really fast last time @DrP while the rest of us lumbered slowly away! 😁

DrP

Yeah..I sit there spinning the legs prior to ZERO…
    Then when the time starts for the meetup, the workout starts too….

DrP

Nick

I’m in, 1:20 to go, no one else here?

Nick

What did I do wrong?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2n3YreV]Untitled[/url] by nickgilling, on Flickr

ta11pau1

Erm… Wtf!

Very strange @Nick there was 6/7 of us in the meet…

Halvfems done.

DrP

Hmm… still people having connection issues it seems..

Nick.. are you Nick Barnett in Zwift?!!! I think you were there with us!

Another great group workout…. TOP STUFF!

How does everyone feel? these sweet spot ones SHOULDN’T be too draining…. but you DO feel the pressure towards the end of each set!

Who’s in for Orance unicorn on sunday then?

As I mentioned in teh meetup… I’m actually doing too much high intensity stuff, so am going to miss mishmash and do 90 min of zone 2 stuff on friday am…

DrP

haloric
    Free Member

Did you apply the recent update freeridenick – I think I’ve seen this listed as a side effect of not doing that.

twonks

I’m getting more than a bit fed up with Zwift (or more likely my setup) now.

Freezes and much annoyance on PC – possibly linked to it not liking AMD graphics.

Apple TV stole from lounge and latest remote bought.
    Awful control that I thought would be better with latest remote – it isn’t.
    Bluetooth connection through companion app, drops connection 20 mins or so in.
    Can’t get anything to turn back on properly.
    Leave it 5 minutes
    Reconnects but Turbo won’t hold power in ERG mode.
    Give up, turn it all off and try Sufferfest on PC.
    Realise wife has BT dongle and ANT+ is rubbish.
    Give up and try 30 minutes short mix on ATV again.
    Turbo still not playing right.
    Give up, pack up and have a shower and tea.

Why oh why is it so much bloody trouble.
    Never used to be.

Next time I will try this laptop running Zwift to see if that holds things together better.

Don’t think I can do Sunday though.

DrP

So I use the ATV for most of my zwifting… NEVER use the companion for the Bluetooth though…
    Always connect direct to the ATV..
    But… I’ve a Neo2t that does power/cadence/control, and a HR monitor.

May not work for you if you need a few BT connections…

DrP

nickb

I’m Nick Barnett (stw nickb) – and I was in the meetup… sweating a lot! Any recommendations for a fan??

Nick (stw Nick) was the one having problems I think.

jodafett

What did I do wrong?

This happened to me the first (and only) time I tried an STW group ride. I was stuck on the virtual turbo for several minutes after everyone else left then all of a sudden I was released but nobody else was around!

Nick

Yeah was a bit lonely, no one else at all, picked up all the Jerseys which was a bonus I suppose 😂

twonks

@DrP Yep, I have a Kickr v1 and need BT for that, HR strap and cadence sensor. 3 slots on the ATV but need one of them for the remote.

If I can get it to behave on this laptop, I’ll swap the graphics card in my main PC where the trainer is set up. Could do with an excuse to upgrade the gaming PC anyway 😉

Vortexracing

@DrP Yep, I have a Kickr v1 and need BT for that, HR strap and cadence sensor. 3 slots on the ATV but need one of them for the remote.

I know it means spending more money, but I use a 4iii HR monitor that takes my ant+ cadence sensor and transmits as BT on the same channel as the HR monitor. Leaving 2 x BT channels for the remote and Turbo.

Since using ATV with this method its been really stable and reliable. I also use the Companion App via Wifi, not BT.

Hope this helps

simon_g

Cut it way too fine today getting kids in bed but just about got into the meetup on time.

100+rpm is a struggle but feel like it’s getting better.

Up for Orange Unicorn on Sunday. Did What Goes Up yesterday lunchtime so just have Mishmash to do on Friday evening.

nickb

That was my first session (other than zone benchmarking last week). Went ok – need to do some catching up though! I do think I need a fan though!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I have a stand up fan from screwfix with a remote. Works for me, but then I am Zwifting in a cold garage at the mo, so don’t need a huge wind blowing.

J-R

I do think I need a fan though!

Yes you do!
    I use one of those industrial floor fans for about £45 – top speed is good for summer. But depending on your room conditions a cheaper fan might be ok.

J-R

@Drp thanks for organising. It seemed entirely happy keeping me with you guys despite me doing What goes up instead of Halferns. I guess it’s logical but it’s good to see it works practice.

That one final 60rpm bit in WGU was a drag, Im just glad they mixed sitting and standing. I probably won’t be around on Sunday, so I’ll have to find time for Orange Unicorn alone. Maybe Thursday evening.

DrP

Invite for Sunday 20th, 0830, gone out…

90 min meetup with the band on… ORANGE UNICORN this time.

I also picked the new Makuri Island route – Chasing the Sun!

Anyone who wants to join in (even just for a ride along!) and i haven’t pinged yuo the invite, pop your deets below, ta!

DrP

Creg

Sorry guys I’m bowing out of this.

Too much going on in life at the moment. Week two seems to be where I always abandon this plan so I’m making a pact with myself never to do the damn thing again!

crossed

Where about do we find the invite for Sunday?

DrP

Should be in your Zwift companion app….

DrP

crossed

Can’t see anything in the app.
    That’s if I’m actually looking in the right place 😂

DrP

Have I invited you to others? What’s ya zwifticles name buddy?

DrP

crossed

No, this’ll be my first one.
    Zwift name is Graeme STW

zilog6128

Could I have a Sunday invite please!

DrP

@crossed … invite sent..

@zilog6128
    .. you numpty.. you’ve got an invite!

DrP

crossed

Nice one, I’ve got it now.

reluctantjumper

@Creg – don’t beat yourself up if you can’t do every session. I’m certainly not going to do every one but I’ll be continuing with it as any training is better than none.

zilog6128

@zilog6128 .. you numpty.. you’ve got an invite!

as you were 😀

vanilla83
    Free Member

I did mish mash tonight. Strong ride but legs are hurting now. Need to find some time to do the unicorn over the weekend

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Trying to summon up the will to do mishmash. Think I’ll have another coffee first.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue sign up to a 12-week training plan.

Going away for half-term has affected the first 2 weeks of this (ie I’ve done nothing apart from the benchmarking) and I’m going to struggle to make the 1815 sessions. Most of my Zwifting happens at 8pm once kids are in bed. So I’m going to stop this workout and start another to plod along on my own.

Ride on everyone!

vanilla83
    Free Member

Trying to summon up the will to do mishmash. Think I’ll have another coffee first.

Enjoy. Legs are still hurting this morning. Its the slow rpm sections that kill me

crossed

Just finished What Goes up Must Come Down. I was expecting it to be much worse than it was, it wasn’t overly taxing on the legs.
    I definitely think I need to do another ramp test to update my FTP for the rest of the plan.
    I’ll probably swap one of next weeks workouts for the Ramp Test and see how I go from there.

twonks

I’ve avoided the need to spend a small fortune on a new graphics card in order to get Zwift stable on my PC.

Logic is dodgy though, as this avoidance was done by buying a new trainer at double the intended spend. Oops.

From tomorrow I should be Zwifting on AppleTV with no additional BT problem connections, dropouts, freezing or gremlins.

And a shameless plug to buy my old kit in the classifieds. 😆

zilog6128

And a shameless plug to buy my old kit in the classifieds.

which doesn’t work with Zwift properly 🤔 😂

DrP

@twonks … nice!
    Whacha get?

I’ve just done 90 min of zone 2 (own workout) as was missing low level stuff..)… IT crashed with about 7 min to go (warmdown basically).. managed to save the file to0s trava..not sure if it’ll give me the zwift points and route badge though!

DrP

hugoagogo
    Free Member

Halvfems done, wasn’t too bad
    What goes up must come down on the other hand… ooft, that was minging from the first 5 minute interval, nearly reached for the companion app to drop the FTP by a few % but clung on for grim death.

Feeling a bit foggy after a trip to the pub last night, might try mish mash tonight but could easily give it a swerve in favour of some sofa surfing with the fire on.

Anyone else suffer with calf cramp at higher rpm, 100+? I’ve ended up with cramp anxiety!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 599 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.