Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • anyone else look like a outdoors clothing advert?
  • senorj

Geography teacher chic.
    I’ve been a pioneer since the late 90’s.
    🙂

stevious

@eddiebaby are you following me?

CountZero

A bit of a mixture, I think the only tees with large manufacturers logos are bike oriented, like Troy Lee Designs, RaceFace or Sombrio, the same for various shorts, and I’ve got some outerwear from RaceFace, like the black snowboarding jacket I dug out yesterday, which is around ten-fifteen years old, that I got with a hefty discount from John’s Bikes in Bath. I’ve got a North Face Nuptse jacket and gilet that I bought twenty-odd years ago with a lottery win at work.
    More recently I’ve bought a down jacket, mid-layer and base layer from Jottnar which have discrete logos on, but at the moment I’m wearing an old Quicksilver long-sleeved tee shirt, an DC skatewear hoodie with fleece lining, and a pair of ex-Danish Army combat camo trousers which I got cheap when they offloaded their entire inventory onto the open market, which are perfect for cool weather, because they’re 3/4- lined, and very comfy.
    I’ve got a bunch of Uniqlo gear which is completely unbranded, some Howies stuff, and bits and bobs from Kona, and ex-Army Meindle boots, and the leather German paratrooper boots I was wearing today.
    I’ve got denim jackets from Levi’s and Lee, and jeans fro Howies, Oakley, and Uniqlo.
    I also recognise the fact that manufacturers need people to buy their products, and the best way is to have their logos on their products so that people who see someone wearing something they like the look of know where to find out more about it.
    By far far the greatest number of items of clothing I own are tee shirts, and the great majority of those are band tour tees.

redthunder
    Free Member

Aldi Workzone top to bottom 🙂

bob_summers

Took up hill running which means all my purple 90s buffalo pertex is getting worn again.
    Will happily go to the pub in ron Hill , karrimor, walshes… Basically turned into my old PE teacher.

colournoise

Saturday’s trip round the supermarkets desperately searching (unsuccessfully) for fresh herring was…

Adidas Terrex GTX walking boots.
    Craghoppers Kiwi trousers.
    Gnarpoon tee.
    Dakine glove liners.

Had I been doing anything more than nipping straight from car to shop that would have been complemented by either an ancient Blacks Technicals softshell that just refuses to die or a Kuhl Burr jacket.

At other times the Craghoppers might be replaced by Kuhl Rydr/Revolvr or Dickies Redhawk.

More than happy to live in my walking boots for most situations. Most of my casual wear (apart from tees which are generally either bike related or Punx) is outdoors/workwear. Everything is pretty much black though (might stretch to grey or navy if I’m feeling colourful).

I guess my style (such as it is) is a mix of rambler / MTBer / outdoorsy / punk / skater / ageing goth.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Totally.
    Pretty much a walking advert for Decathlon.
    After having the snip this Summer I’ve discovered the joys of Decathlon’s Kalenji underwear!

Daffy

Nope. Sportsware is for outdoors. Blue Diesel jeans, black Benetton T-shirt, Ted Baker jumper. No branding in sight.

scotroutes

You’d fit right in here in Aviemore Tony. Most of the folk I know wear “outdoor” gear all of the time. Today I’m on Salomon trainers, Fox shorts and a Mountain Hardware hoodie.

Logos can be pretty subtle though, for example the Fox shorts are a type of camo with the logo barely visible, hidden in amongst the pattern.

RustySpanner

I’m rocking the ‘Fat lad at Decathlon’ look.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘anyone else look like a outdoors clothing advert?’ is closed to new replies.