Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • anyone else look like a outdoors clothing advert?
  • ton

just realised every item of clothing I am wearing today is from some kind of outdoor brand.
    Columbia boots
    bridgedale socks
    keela trousers
    edz merino jockeys
    smartwool jersey
    paramo windproof
    rab gloves

I feel kind of embarrassed now.

nealglover
    Free Member

I do.
    But the advert is from about 15 years ago 🙂

Scapegoat

Just in from a couple of hours out with the dogs in a biblical downpour up on the tops. Harkila goretex trousers, Meindl socks, meindl boots, paramo baselayer, snugpak softie, paramo waterproof jacket, sealskinz gloves…..oh, and a tweed cap.

weeksy

No, I have a H&M jumper on, a pair of Adidas shorts and my five tens.

tewit
    Free Member

At least they’re different brands. I felt a bit self conscious all of a sudden when I realised that I had a Mountain Equipment fleece and hat picking one of the kids up.🙄

matt_outandabout

Just don’t wear it shopping on the high street…

chakaping
    Free Member

From the 1990s, yeah…

nbt

Clarks shoes
    Community Clothing chinos
    Laura Ashley shirt
    House oF Fraser jumper
    Decathlon down puffa
    Lowe Alpine waterproof sheel
    trekmates waterproof gloves

kennyp
    Free Member

We do have a spare room that is better stocked than most Tiso shops.

andytherocketeer

Nope
    I refuse to buy anything that has any prominent branding.

Boots might be Salomon, because they were the ones that seemed to fit best.
    Jacket is CMP, because it’s 99% identical as Colombia or something else, but only costs 2/3rds of the price and has a less prominent logo.

Absolutely no way in hell would i buy anything with a super prominent advert, eg nike, superdry, etc. or one with a “look at me” logo, eg Hilfiger, Lacoste, …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmm…top to bottom.

Lowe Alpine
    Orvis
    Estribos
    Sunspel
    Orvis
    Pearl Izumi
    Sorel

So, yeah.

twistedpencil

Dog bitten 5:10s

Socks by next, they match.

Jeans some fancy brand with more iron on patches than original denim.

Pants by M&S 🙂

Holly Hansen 10year old merino wool top.

M&S Jumper, aging like its owner.

G-star parker 15years old, frayed at the edges like its owner.

Perfect for going up a lightweight aluminium ladder held by a hyperactive 11year old boy to fix some Christmas lights up for my girls when they get home.

Messy hair in all the wrong places. Models own.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Not when I’m not doing anything that requires it, because I have some self respect. Wearing shoes for hiking/off road running in civilisation is the mark of someone who just doesn’t give a shit.

I’ll wear a technical jacket if it’s cold or raining, though.

ton

someone who just doesn’t give a shit.

that’s me.
    but in my defence, I wear this stuff 5 days a week to ride to and from work in.

funkmasterp

Vivo boots
    Cords from Cotton Traders (shameful)
    Joe Browns top
    Barts hat
    Altura Jacket

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Old Five Ten Guide Tennies (that won’t quite die)
    Bridgedale socks (don’t own any non-bike socks that aren’t Bridgedale)
    Prana flannel lined jeans
    Sainsburys keks
    Rapha merino baselayer
    Rab fleece
    Mountain Equipment gilet

Hmmm… I resemble that remark!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Have about 15 different Montane jackets, fleeces, waterproofs and soft shells.
    I work outside so i consider it my uniform..

kcr
    Free Member

Not when I’m not doing anything that requires it, because I have some self respect. Wearing shoes for hiking/off road running in civilisation is the mark of someone who just doesn’t give a shit.

I was going on holiday a couple of years ago and realised everything I was wearing was from Decathlon, apart from my underpants. I was a bit embarrassed, but I’ve got some Decathlon underpants now, so I can hold my head up with a properly co-ordinated ensemble wardrobe.

footflaps

Yep, my office attire today was..

5.10 Camp4 trainers
    Rab shorts
    Last Exit to Nowhere T-shirt

Plus Black Diamond Fleece if the aircon gets too cold and Black Diamond Down Jacket for cycling to/from work…

Only the Rab jacket

DM work boots
    G-Star jeans
    Diesel tee
    Oakley glasses
    G-shock watch

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Prana jeans
    Very Old Macpac fleece
    Scarpa shoes

wordnumb
    Free Member

This time of year mud covers all the logos.

franksinatra

Mountain equipment jacket
    Crew jumper
    Boden t shirt
    A&f jeans
    Scarpa approach shoes

My style is confused

bikebouy
    Free Member

#humblebrag

TheDTs
    Free Member

More of an Englebert Strauss advert at work tbh. Outdoor advert at weekends.

jam-bo

I could be doing a Patagonia catalogue today.

None of it bought new though…

andy8442
    Free Member

Yes, every time I go to work, but I’ve learnt from experience you can’t do my job in “regular” clothing. Also, again from experience, I’ve realised in certain key areas i.e. footwear, waterproofs, you can’t go cheap.You buy cheap, you literally buy twice.

Over the years my accountant has questioned the odd purchase, to which I always say when its a particularly bad day, ” go stand in your carpark, you can put a coat on, and stay there, don’t move, for several hours”.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Some days I am wearing only Aldi. Actually, I don’t have Aldi shoes, but that’s it. Cheap, convenient, comfortable, hard wearing.

jimmy

I’ve just taken my Alpkit trousers out of the wrapping and or them on with my Rab hoodie, so not far off. Dunno what kind of advert I am, though.

Bunnyhop

Most of today I’ve been outside so yes:

Trespass walking trousers,
    craghoppers black fleece,
    fleece gilet,
    thin puffer jacket,
    rab jacket,
    du barry boots.
    hand knitted (indi shop) alpaca/lambs wool hat.

malgrey
    Free Member

I was going on holiday a couple of years ago and realised everything I was wearing was from Decathlon, apart from my underpants. I was a bit embarrassed, but I’ve got some Decathlon underpants now, so I can hold my head up with a properly co-ordinated ensemble wardrobe.

This is worryingly familiar. I too have bought the pants.

I once bumped into a chap on a trail in France. We were wearing the same shirt and shorts, both from Decathlon, but my Merrells were a different colour to his!

Today, a working-from-home day, followed by a walk to watch the barn owls this afternoon, I am wearing;

Decathlon socks
    Decathlon soft shell over ancient holey Patagucci base layer bottoms
    Alpkit base layer top
    Decathlon grid fleece pullover.

And that’s just the outfit I went to the cafe in, not the stuff for the walk later…

When it gets too warm in the flat later, I shall probably just remove the top layer and prance about in my base layers…the joys of being old enough not to care. And single.

lunge

Not today, no.
    Nike trainers
    Edwin jeans
    H&M jumper
    Decathlon down jacket.

riklegge

I work in the trade so literally every item of clothing I own is from an outdoor brand. The novelty quickly wears off.

BadlyWiredDog

Wearing shoes for hiking/off road running in civilisation is the mark of someone who just doesn’t give a shit.

Who just doesn’t give a shit about what?

felltop

Somedays I wearer the clothing which I got as payment after I modelled for an outdoor clothing brand photoshoot 15 years ago. Does that count?

andrewh
    Free Member

Yes and no, all the gear but it’s so old and scruffy it just wouldn’t cutnit for an advert.
    And with the not giving a **** about the shoes, that’s me. Got some smart ones which live at work, but here I have a choice of two pairs of walking boots, four pairs of running shoes, at least three of which are wet at any given moment, my riding shoes, and some wellies and climbing shoes for when the need arises. I will always wear walking or running shoes in civilisation as that’s pretty much all I have, although TBH I did Tescos in wellies yesterday

kcr
    Free Member

I’ll wear a technical jacket if it’s cold or raining, though.

That sounds like a cop out.

stevious

I do, but mostly because I’m handsome and sitting on a rocky outcrop looking pleased with myself.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Most of the time outside of work I look like a tradie….because padded shirts and rigger boots are cheap and comfy/warm……and I’m usually found pottering and tinkering around the house or cars..

I often wear old running trainers about because they are no longer fit for the purpose of running and I don’t want to just chuck em.

Mostly though when I buy stuff I buy stuff with small logos-its almost always possible to get the same technical features and fit without the huge branding.

Teeshirts are a pet hate. I like a nice design and il pay for that with a little logo but I’m not paying 20+ quid for a tee that has no design feature other than a Gert big logo.

Although I appreciate for some the logo is the important part.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘anyone else look like a outdoors clothing advert?’ is closed to new replies.