Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Anyone else curious about how they will meet their end?
  • TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’m absolutely fascinated about how I will pop my clogs. Obviously I hope it isn’t stressful or inconvenient to others, and I’d much rather it was some spectacular accident (LiveLeak worthy kind of thing), or some noble deed, than just fading away in my sleep. Not worried about pain too much, it’s only in the mind afterall, and shock can be a wonderful thing.

It’s almost like the lottery..it could be you…this week!

Any one else?

watsontony
    Free Member

no! i would like to spend my time errrr not thinking about things i will never find the answer for. life is too short without worrying about death. go ride your bike pal. You WILL die, the chances are you will find out why years before, death think about it then.

Stoner
    Free Member

My dad once said he wanted to be found on the banks of the river, salmon rod by his side, with a 20Lb fish on the end of the line and the local wench legging it up the bank and hitching her knickers back up.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m almost certain to die in a failed attempt to cross the channel after being fired from a cannon.

It’s just a matter if time to be honest.

ton

in my sleep i hope, after a nice ride and a nice drink.

mintimperial

When I retire I’m going to take up Anvil Firing as a hobby. Being crushed by a falling anvil has to beat slowly rotting in a care home. More fun than golf, too.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

life is too short without worrying about death. go ride your bike pal.

I’m not worried in the slightest, did you not read my post?

binners

I want to be killed by a falling grand piano, as I career down the road on my Acme rocket powered roller skates!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

It’s those totally random deaths that get me, that’d be a good way to go. Part falling off an aircraft/lorry, hit by a flying fish, bitten by a poisonous spider in Homebase, leaning against a window on the 99th floor of the office block that gives way, meteorite strike…

tacopowell
    Free Member

Bitten by a Zombie, than run over by Bill Murray driving a golf buggy.

mactheknife

Nope….I’m gonna live my life completely on my own terms. Love my friends and family and i intend to have absolutely no regrets, when the day comes ill look the reaper in the eye knowing i truly lived the best life i could. Whether its tomorrow or 50 years down the line.

But if its a long lingering illness that’s gonna take me then i reckon i will have my own plan for that one.

project
    Free Member

Little old lady aged about 90,down the road from where i used to live, she was repeatedly told to cut down on smoking cigarettes,one day she was walking down to the shop, and just outside the shop got killed by the van delivering cigarettes as it was reversing, to be near the door, so the driver wouldnt be attacked by thieves, which happened a few weeks earlier.

tonyd

Nope!

CountZero

Suffocated to death in my 90’s, by a woman half my age sitting on my face… 😆

chvck
    Free Member

It’s actually something that I try very hard not to think about!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Drowning I guess….I’ve had a few goes so far.

oldnick

I’m hoping to get a mention in the Darwin Awards.

zippykona

My grandad died at 72 heart attack,my dad died at 72 heart attack.
    Anyone detect a trend?

Bear
    Free Member

I’ve never tried drugs so a few years ago thought it would be quite fun to go out in a drug fuelled orgy with a few hookers on my 78th birthday.

Think I should get out more….

binners

…. Or perhaps in a bizarre accident in a light aircraft while frantically pursuing a pigeon?

boxfish
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    My grandad died at 72 heart attack,my dad died at 72 heart attack.
    Anyone detect a trend?

POSTED 8 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah. Same for my paternal line, except that the age is 65.

😯

Gary_C

Like my grandad, peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming & yelling in terror like his 50 passengers…

paulmgreen
    Free Member

I’m not scared of my death …. Just don’t want to be there at the time lol….

Seriously….. I’d like to go like a bloke I read about a couple of years ago….. 84 years old …… Skiing in Chamonix …… Falls over and bans his head ….. Dies instantly……. What a way to go! ( ‘Cept I’d be on a snowboard)

zippykona

Gary_C – Member
    Like my grandad, peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming & yelling in terror like his 50 passengers…

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST
    Now that was funny.

totalshell

this might be selfish but i dont want to die.. i want to see my kids grow become adults share thier joys and be there for the heartbreaks. i hope i m raising potential lifelong friends and i dont want my chance to enjoy that cut short..

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I try not to think about it, to be honest. Saw my Mum have stroke at 45 – she recovered. Saw my Dad have a heart attack at 51 – he didn’t. He was out on his bike at the time though, so kind of counts as a good way to go, even though it left me in a bit of state for a year or so.

Going back further in family history there’s chronic vascular disease and also cancer, so I certainly don’t consider myself immune from an unpleasant ending.

My best approach is to try to enjoy the present and stay in good shape (good excuse for a ride)

tazzymtb

love count zeros idea. Unfortunately baring a full on accident I kinda know how mine is going to go. 😕

piemonster

Soon for me hopefully, telly is rubbish tonight.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve never tried drugs so a few years ago thought it would be quite fun to go out in a drug fuelled orgy with a few hookers on my 78th birthday.
    Think I should get out more….

I don’t know, if you did that on your 78th birthday, and it was a “few years ago” then I reckon your doing alright 😉

singletrackmind

No , But we did have an odd discussion at work today as to whether the clinic in switzerland could put you to sleep at your request.
    If your were in ill health , getting on in years, broke , cripled or just fed up with old age being abit crap .

Ed2001
    Free Member

I don’t think too much about how I will die but I do sometimes wonder about the date , in that you pass that day each year without noticing it.

pocketrocket
    Free Member

My uncle had a massive heart attack standing at the pub pool table with a pint in one hand and a pool cue in the other, I suppose there are worse ways to go!

Mind you he was only 56 and had been ignoring the warning signs for a while. 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

As long as my life is in order, my family are taken care of, then I want it to be quick.
    Smothered by an obscenely huge breasted woman is one way to go. Mind you, would they be able to get the coffin lid down after? :mrgreen:

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Drowning I guess….I’ve had a few goes so far.

Now, having read the preface to Perfect Storm, and having done Personal Survival and LifeSaving as a youngster, that’s actually my least favorite ending! And with my luck in life I’d spot a new species on the way down!

somafunk

Nope, not curious in the slightest despite having two as near as possible attempts so far in my 41 years on this lump of earth. If i get diagnosed with some incurable disease or develop some form of terminal cancer or suchlike then i’ll go out in blaze of glory or more likely a torrid afternoon with as much drugs as i can shovel down my throat before i lose the ability to wipe my own arse,. I’ve been through a few 10hr+ operations when i was 19/20 in which i opted to not be resuscitated if there were complications and if the operations were not successful i can honestly say i would have found some way to switch the light off so to speak.

But as for being curious regarding how i will go?, nope….if it is medical then i will make sure i have the final say, if it is accidental or out of my control then it had better be quick or at least give me such an adrenaline rush that i pass out in a state of ecstatic bliss with a flood of serotonin and dopamine to my receptor cells beforehand.

😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I love life so much, the only way I can imagine that wouldn’t be heartbreaking would be to just gradually lose the plot so I don’t care any more.

slackalice
    Free Member

The time, the place, the how? Who knows! We actually walk a tightrope of life or death each and every day!

What I find truly exciting and intriguing is then finding out what comes next. Lives between lives.

jon1973
    Free Member

This is how I’d like to go…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLctf4o6feQ[/video]

triop
    Free Member

I’d want to know when and where….so I can make sure that I’m not near the location and asleep at the time 🙂

jock-muttley

As a youth my perfect way to pop my clogs was dying of a heart attack at the age of 95 at the vinegar stroke whilst being noshed off by some appropriately endowed voluptuous female (in/famous (you chose) whilst spanking a Lamborghini Countach Quattrovalvole (now I am showing my age! :mrgreen: ) at 180mph whilst being chased by the law enforcement agencies of at least three major western democracies, the mafia and the entire Guhugvant interplanetary battlefleet screaming

“you’ll never take me alive copper/patrone/ya wee green b’strds!”

after said MI the car coasts to a halt with no casualties… cue hardened crims shedding a tear with the coppers saying “what a guy!”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else curious about how they will meet their end?’ is closed to new replies.