Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 369 total)
  • Any Manchester United Supporters in?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh bugger off you fleckers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was only taking the mick out of dondon.

Yeah well don’t; it’s not nice, is it? 🙁

As well as Liverpool/Man U, there’s also the prospect of Sunderland V Middlesborough, and probably QPR v Chelsea.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

dondon, if I upset you, and you’re feeling really down about it, then I think the best thing is to email me 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

YGM!!! 👿
    (And I’ve reported both you and the thread, expect the full weight of the banning stick and comments on Twitter).

EDIT: Those in the know will know it’s very difficult to be down on Wrecsam. 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think it’s the best thing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Is quietly pleased)

🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jaysus, would you look at the state of Shearer’s suit. 😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s not good, is it? 😐

Hansen dapper as always though.

‘Flat back nine‘ 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

‘Flat back nine’

Yep, I caught that. 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

‘Parked the bus’

‘And it’s a red London bus’ – Lawro. 😀

Spuds equal on points with Sc…United, and only 3 points off the top! 😯

Citeh are formidable though, no question. Mancini moaning about his squad???

Even without a natural leader on’t pitch, they are still ruthless professionals.

Second half of season will be inertesting. Liverpool, Arse and Cheatski for the 4th place, that should be an intense battle. Liverpool have both teams at home too. So two proper battles with the top 3 playing for the title as well.

Liverpool really need some silverware though, even a League cup will be sumat.

scaredypants

deadlydarcy – Member
    Jaysus, would you look at the state of Shearer’s suit

^^ This 😯

PrinceJohn

Elf – whaddya think of Glen Johnson’s tackle then?

Not sure Mancini was trying to get Johnson in trouble, more just some consitency – ie losing a player for 80mins & 4 matches due to one ‘tackle’ & was the Johnson challenge even a free kick?!

binners

Lets address the most important issues here: Has Alan Shearer worn that suit for a bet, or what? Or had he got the dates wrong for ‘dress like a pimp on telly’ day?

alexpalacefan

re. Shearer’s suit. It looked half finished to me, like the tailor was still sewing it together.

Whatever the reason, bloody awful. A new fashion low for sports broadcasters, and that’s saying something!

APF

PrinceJohn

Binners – surely as Utd fan there could be nothing worse than watching Liverpool/ Citeh on telly? (I include shearers suit in that…)

binners

I spend the whole time thinking how the rules of the game could be tweaked, so that somehow they could both lose

Lifer
    Free Member

Johnson’s tackle should have been a sending off imo:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj93su6kDr4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

If Lescott’s foot had been 6″ further forward he’d have ended up with a broken ankle. Two footed, off the ground and definitely dangerous.

donsimon
    Free Member

If Lescott’s foot had been 6″ further forward he’d have ended up with a broken ankle. Two footed, off the ground and definitely dangerous

Based on the video +1.
    More importantly any video of this suit?

binners

Its a straight red, that. No question. If Kompany’s was – which I thought was harsh. Johnsons was worse.

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye and it was far worse than Kompany’s tackle* ..thankfully I did stuff at half time and switched off when the game had finished so I missed the suit

I think mancini was moaning about the lack of consistency but the radio played the argument and it did make me chuckle

Game of two halves again for City but Liverpool must be massive favourites for this

* personally I think they are just saying you cant dive in with two feet and tackle just like you cannot tackle from behind or they will give a foul- last nights ref seems to have not read that memo though so Mancini has a point to be fair.

surfer
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Johnsons tackle it was just full on and straight at the ball. If Lescott was further forward I think it would have just kicked his lower leg out of the way.

edit: watching the vid over and over I think Johnsons aim was to clear the ball before Lescott got their hence he launched himself, I dont think he intended to make any contact whatsoever with Lescott

I think Kompanys was marginally worse as IIRC the player was in the way of his two feet coming through so their may have been more risk of injury. I think Kompanys was Yellow but neither were malicious and were in keeping with the tone of the games, neither game was particulalrly “dirty”

I agree that Mancini was not really trying to get Johnson sent off but he was gesturing last week on the touchline waving an imginary card which we dont like to see on the pitch let alone by the managers.

Im a LFC supporter BTW

binners

The letter of the law say if you go in two footed with your studs showing, you’re walking. I think both would have been harsh though*, as they both played the ball.

Neither was anywhere near as bad as Lampards similar challenge last week, for which he got a yellow

* despite being a Man Yoo fan, I didn’t think Kompany’s was a red

loum
    Free Member

The letter of the law say if you go in two footed with your studs showing, you’re walking.

It doesn’t, or if it does then I can’t see it written like this in the rules.
    I think, without evidence myself, that this is a media interpretation of the rules. But I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

Edit: I think Lineker hinted towards this last night, but it doesn’t make for as much post match controversy/banter.
    Laws of the game attached http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf

tails
    Free Member

What’s the odds on liverpool scoring a pen and shaving 11 behind the ball when united visit for the cup. The carragher scoring a 92nd min header in his own net?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elf – whaddya think of Glen Johnson’s tackle then?

Brilliant interception. the kind of tackle that until recently, wooduv bin hailed as a ‘Great Tackle’ by commentators and pundits the World over. He got the ball.

Havunt seen the Kompany tackle to compare, because of the unique way football is brought to you and the fact that the greedy bastard tv companies have even a tiny clip removed from tinternet, but I think it’s daft that a clean tackle, which gets the ball, can be penalised.

Footy’s a contact sport ffs, in the sense that tackling almost always contact with the opposing player.

If nonsense like this continues, we’ll end up with no tackling at all. Ridiculous.

Mancini is a knob, simple as that. Lies about his own players, acts like a hypocrite, poor loser.

Kind of like an Italian Bacon Face actually…

Nasri shooduv walked for putting the heid in on Carragher. Brave little lad though; Carra would properly knack him if it really came to it.

I would be really very happy to see Shi… Citeh win naff all this season, and Mancini sacked. Sheik Mansour gets bored, takes his money elsewhere, and Citeh sink back into mediocrity, where they belong. That would make me laugh.

The return leg at Anfield will be a spicy one. I predict at least one red card….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@ tails: Pretty long I’d say.

Lifer
    Free Member

I think Kompanys was Yellow but neither were malicious and were in keeping with the tone of the games, neither game was particulalrly “dirty”

Dirty, malicious? Possibly not.

Dangerous? Definitely.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, so no tackling in footy anymore in case the delicate little lambs get hurt? 😥

Diddums.

Arsenal fayn, int yer? Thought so….

Lifer
    Free Member

If nonsense like this continues, we’ll end up with no tackling at all. Ridiculous.

Don’t be so melodramatic. When I was playing football at school 20 years ago 2 footed tackles, whether you got the ball or not, were at the least a yellow card.

Nasri shooduv walked for putting the heid in on Carragher. Brave little lad though; Carra would properly knack him if it really came to it.

Whattaguy! The reaction was because Carragher gave him a bitchy little kick. Like a bitch.

Lifer
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Arsenal fayn, int yer? Thought so….

No, I support a team from close to where I was born and brought up.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good for you. 😀

The reaction was because Carragher gave him a bitchy little kick. Like a bitch.

Bless. 😆

Was just a little ‘Stepney Ankle Tap’. The kind of thing I get (and give out) several times a game when I play. The kind of thing I just laugh off. Only a little whiny girl would get upset about such a little tap.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

iDave
    Free Member

The thread that just keeps giving 🙂

timc
    Free Member

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

who do you actually support?
    Shadenfreude in football is just so tragic hopefully your team can win something 😉

Mleh to it we murdered them first half second half a lot more mixed. There goals came from nothing but that is all that matters not who played bect
    Okish game to wathc
    Goalie does not look like a great buy

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Lovely bit of defending there by everyones favourite cheat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye and a great celebration by the scousers favourite racist

MSP

Havunt seen the Kompany tackle

Ahhhh the “Wenger” defence.

sc-xc

aye and a great celebration by the scousers favourite racist

Didn’t see him there….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Two manc sides out of two cups in one week. 😆

(yes, would swap it all for a shout at the title of course)

I thought it was a mistake playing the massive cock, disgraced in his own country, Evra. He did nothing today. Well, apart from being involved in gifting the winner.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Any Manchester United Supporters in?’ is closed to new replies.