Home Forums Bike Forum Any front light deals around?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Any front light deals around?
  • geomickb

Yes, it’s that time of year. I’m definitely due a new front bar light this year.

I don’t want Exposure (£££). Something more mid range?

sharkattack

There’s some discounts on the Magicshine site but I was planning to wait for black Friday and see what pops up.

goldfish24

Hi, welcome to stw. All your opinions and beliefs are wrong, you actually do want an exposure.

joking aside. would a used exposure fit within budget? They live forever and can be serviced and upgraded by exposure. I’m very happy one year in with my second hand maxx-d. It just beats everything I’ve ever owned for battery life, brightness, bracket availability, serviceability.

flyingpotatoes

MTBbatteries are usually well regarded on here.

MoreCashThanDash

joking aside. would a used exposure fit within budget? They live forever and can be serviced and upgraded by exposure

I came to suggest this. I’m currently running a Race and a Joystick that were on sale as new old stock 2-3 years ago, they are perfectly fine. My MaxxD is so old I think it’s output is 1500 lumen but still works fine as a back up.

NB, I don’t ride fast or rad in the dark (or in the day) so really don’t need mega lumens.

teethgrinder

Was happy with the Magicshine RN3000 on the bars and a Ray2600 on helmet. Self contained lights are hassle free.

I then bought a Maxx-d and Zenith from the Exposure outlet store, and got even more off with the STW member discount.  The Exposure are really, really good, but the Magicshine aren’t far off and loads cheaper.

jonba
    Free Member

mtbbatteries for me. If they still sell the luminator or a later generation.

Nobby

Another mtbbatteries vote.

Make sure you buy direct from Smidge at https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/  

There’s actually fakes out there in eBay world.

cp

the magicshine RN3000 is a very good unit. self contained, huge battery life, USB C PD charging, USB C power bank capabilities, garmin 1/4 turn mount etc…

Magicshine® RN 3000

hooli

I have been happy with my Halfords 1600 for the last 4 or 5 seasons, they do an updated 1800 one now for 70 odd.

citizenlee
    Free Member

What’s the current AliEx Chinese Light du jour?

zilog6128

Hi, welcome to stw. All your opinions and beliefs are wrong, you actually do want an exposure.

This. My MaxxD is in its twelfth year. Repaired once (£15 inc postage) after the mrs dropped it on a hard floor!

radbikebro

While we’re all recommending Exposure lights for the front – does anyone have a rear light that’s done more than one season before failing? I’ve tried Lezyne, Moonshine and Cateye ones and they’ve never lasted a full Welsh winter.

fossy

I’ve killed my Lezyne Zecro Drive 250 MAX with getting it covered in mud and water off my CX bike – if that little flap isn’t fully closed, they die. Shame, I liked the day-flash.

Currently commuting with a Magicshine Seemee 300 on the rear. Great daytime flash mode, that detects ambient light, so switches to a ‘glowing’ mode in the dark, and has stop light functionality.

jeffl

Well the obvious answer for a rear light would be an Exposure Trace-R. Had mine a number of years and was used for commuting without any issues for about 2 years.

joebristol

Moon Nebula lasted quite a few years for me of regular commuting. I think mine is 6 years old. Just stopped holding a charge for any length of time now so time to replace it.

Just bought a Moon Helix Pro and Helix Lite to try out. One will hook on a saddle bag and the other to screw a mount onto my pannier rack.

Before the latter one goes on I want to sort out a decent mudguard so I’m not just continually throwing water at it.

geomickb

Err so how to you get the Expoure members discount? I can’t see it.

MoreCashThanDash

does anyone have a rear light that’s done more than one season before failing?

The Aldi F&R commuting combo for £15-20. Pretty indestructible,  cheap enough not to worry if they’re not.

geomickb

@bikerevivesheffield I signed up for that but couldn’t see exposure anywhere?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

What’s the current AliEx Chinese Light du jour?

Tautologiise much?

nickc

mtbbatteries for me. If they still sell the luminator or a later generation.

Perfectly happy with mine as well, but on the site you can only buy the smaller light at a reduced price, so perhaps they’re not selling them currently?

After years of buying various lights and eventually going down the Exposure route I’d not buy anything else now. Probably won’t need to for many years anyway.

Got a Max D from the outlet store cheaper than it would have been with member discounts

tthew

does anyone have a rear light that’s done more than one season before failing?

Do you use a mudguard? Even if it’s just a little flap fashioned to protect the light and now you, would make all the difference.

geomickb

Can someone please explain to me how to find the Exposure discount?

teethgrinder

It might have gone now – I can’t find it, but it did exist last year

citizenlee
    Free Member

Tautologiise much?

Fight bad grammar with bad grammar.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/lumenator-20/

Still available as far as I can see. I have one, very impressed with it. I’ve got an exposure axis for my helmet but I’m not that impressed, glad I got it cheap. I prefer the simplicity of the lumenator.

paddy0091
    Free Member

I’ve got a few Olights, really good after sales if you run into any problems. They are the OEM supplier or something for Magicshine as mentioned ^

Stay well clear of Lezyne, cheaply made tat now. Which is a shame as the early stuff was of sound quality.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.